[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Can anyone confirm bluetooth headsets working on this rom? I have y300 with b189 stock room and can't get audio in my Jabra bt2045 while making a call.

Also, do I simply flash this rom from recovery? I have CWM Recovery v6.0.4.5.

Thanks

Guest TayoOnabule

Didn't like the initial build, but the 20/1 build is an extraordinarily good rom. Certainly the best non-stock I`ve tried. Smooth, fast, no bugs to date, battery seems excellent so far. Having to change the density in build.prop is an irritation that will put some people off - don't let it, it's worth the effort.

I've started using this app to change DPI: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.texdroider.texdroider_dpi&hl=en

You can set your dpi, then reboot straight away. Makes it a lot easier. It saves your previously set dpi, so all you have to do is press 'apply' then 'reboot'

Guest TangerineTractor

I've started using this app to change DPI: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.texdroider.texdroider_dpi&hl=en

You can set your dpi, then reboot straight away. Makes it a lot easier. It saves your previously set dpi, so all you have to do is press 'apply' then 'reboot'

I just install rom toolbox first and set it from there.

Interesting that in 4.4, some adblockers dont't work, but once you run adaway, it seems to unlock the dns or something and you can use other adblocks. Wierdly, running adaway seems to make other root-dependent stuff work that doesn't otherwise, like the boot logo changer in rom toolbox, or advanced features in light flow.

Great Rom, I installed the 20/01/2014 build on my Huawei Y300-0100 & it's running great no bugs at all thank you to all involved in this Rom

Edited by wolf76

Guest gregySK

Can anyone confirm bluetooth headsets working on this rom? I have y300 with b189 stock room and can't get audio in my Jabra bt2045 while making a call.

Also, do I simply flash this rom from recovery? I have CWM Recovery v6.0.4.5.

Thanks

Yes,it's working.

ojl6s0.jpg

Edited by gregySK

Guest gregySK

i see ppl talking about DPI also on info, we need to change it after installation on Y300?

No,we don't need to change DPI after install.Now is ok,by default value is set to 200.It's visible enough...

n53tds.jpg

thank you mate for the awser, just 1 more question, the bugs that appear on CM11 from dazzozo are not related with this version right?

Its my opinion and I'm not an expert just an interested tester/user that this ROM is much more smoother and stable than cm11.....

I've had not lag, no random reboots and video/camera and music all work fine.

Calls and text are fine in 3g.

Battery is much better than cm11.

But please remember this is my opinion and someone else may disagree or have issues or problems I don't........

Hope this is if help :-)

I have tried the 21/1 test version and it was rebooting itself every 2 or 3 minutes.

Then it says it finds new sim and reboots again!

Gone back to 2.4 beta, as its awsum!!!!!

Guest andrea2107

I've just updated the first post to say this...

Also, I have uploaded a Y300 test build to Google Drive in the Y300 > Test folder. In this build, the only difference is that the kernel is built with the Linaro 4.8 toolchain. Does it make any difference? Does it affect stability? Try it and let me know!

Maybe... but the webview patch is my next priority. Hopefully this will speed up the build which would make building for another device easier.

Has anyone tested the G510 build yet? Can someone confirm it's OK?

Do you can now? ;)

Guest ZolaIII

I've just updated the first post to say this...

Also, I have uploaded a Y300 test build to Google Drive in the Y300 > Test folder. In this build, the only difference is that the kernel is built with the Linaro 4.8 toolchain. Does it make any difference? Does it affect stability? Try it and let me know!

Revert back to 4.6.2 all newer ones are a little slower! I talked to castle he will build a costume kernel soon as you didn't match the color's as they should be.You need to add & fix a lot in build properties!

Is it Just me or the gallery app is unstable & cases reboots?

Just switched to Slim today!

Guest gregySK

thank you mate for the awser, just 1 more question, the bugs that appear on CM11 from dazzozo are not related with this version  right?

I tried booth ROM-s and for me these is much smooter and stable version (no offense to any developer.. ).

Someone pm me a minute ago asking questions about 2.4 and why its not working for him and as it turns out the poor guy hasn't even flashed slimkat and is actually running the jelly bean based fusion x stock based rom. I didn't laugh at him. Honest........... I just want to point out again that for me, nothing is wrong with 2.4. I have very many reboots with the test version, and for me it was was unusable and very unstable, just so people don't get confused or put off flashing 2.4 :-)

Edited by ivan41

Which is the best way to get back all my apps and game

Use Titanium backup, backup in first Rom and restore in the other one, needs root.

I don't think you can enable swap because kernel isn't supporting it. Beside that some people must send in their phones because of enabling swap.

Guest Naikkon

Hello . Today i have flash this rom and i noticed something.

I can set a custom sound from library. Only the phone default tones.

And the second one is the rezolution to small or is just me. The icons are small, the clock/signal/battery is to small.

Is just me or tjis is the rom so far. And can i make it look like CM 11 ? G510phone

Edited by Naikkon

Guest CyberArtZ

you have to enable app and adb root in developer options

I have the same issue. I've already enabled the app and adb root in developer options and also in advanced options->superuser but still I couldn't get root permissions. strange :(