Snapchat video error

Guest Panesy12

Guest Panesy12

Hey guys, just wondering if any of you have issues with doing snapchat video's?
When I try It freezes half a second into recording, then when I stop an error comes up saying 'Cannot play this video'.

Anybody been able to fix it?

I put on a custom ROM to see if that would fix it but it didn't.

Thanks.

Guest Panesy12

I just installed GLTools and it didn't seem to help messing around with the settings (unless I'm not doing it right, probably, lol).
But it seems to me an issue related to the file type snapchat uses when making the video. 

I don't really know much about phones in this aspect so who knows. I'm just surprised a quick google search came back with no results for the issue...

Guest ZolaIII

The problem is in media_profiles.xml as on stock some profiles are missing!

The real problem is a 480p profile that is set to 640x480 most of apps want this to be 720x480 bat if you change it front camera will not function as it's a VGA (640x480).

Even profiles are divided by cameras you can not change onli one...

Edited by ZolaIII

Guest ZolaIII

so can we repair it or no?

To be honest with you I don't know!

I whose experimenting with replacing the original one with one for nexus 7 long time ago. Result whose broken front cam & working back one in apps like FX studio... real purpose whose (then) to try to get a 720p recording it ended up with getting it with 15 frames / secund. This is more then abridge 13 frames that people got bat still not even close to useful...

Guest Panesy12

So we can't even fix the rear camera and not worry about the front working at all? 

I wouldn't care about the front camera that much if I could fix the rear camera taking video's on snapchat.