[KERNEL] [Y300/G510] Synopsis Kernel For Cyanogenmod and SlimKat

Guest fonz93

You guys could still use chil360's kernel for your CM11 ROM's: https://www.modaco.com/topic/368306-rom444all-slimkat-62-unofficial-07072014

He copied most of the the synopsis's kernel commits anyway wink.png

I've revert all GPU / Display related stuff and only kept the kernel upgrade from 3.4.0 to 3.4.98. This is the StockROM version: http://www.modaco.com/topic/372447-kernel-y300g510-stock-huawei/#entry2218629

Edited by Guest

Guest davef7

The version with Gpu OC, KGLS + LCD patches don't boot on Cm11. Now i'm trying the version without KGLS (only LCD patches e Gpu OC) and everything seems to be fine.

Guest fonz93

KGLS update seems to not be compatible with CM ROMs, i updated that because someone said that on his Carbon 4.4.4 was working

Edited by fonz93

Guest fonz93

Updated (14-07).

Alright, I removed KGSL+LCD patches again for now. Here's an slightly updated build (can be consired *stable* I guess):

Current feature overview:

• Kernel version: 3.4.98
  • ZRAM
  • KSM (Kernel Samepage Merging)
  • Scheduler: ROW / deadline / CFQ / noop / SIO / FIOPS
  • GPU OC: 300 MHz -> 320 MHz
  • UHID driver
  • updated FM driver
  • updated QDSP & sound driver
  • FRandom
  • supports kernel mode neon
  • updated LZO algorithm (compression used for ex. ZRAM)
  • various kernel code fixes / patches
Edited by fonz93

Guest davef7

What's the difference between 13/07 and 14/07?. Because i'm finding many problems in 14/07. I don't know if is a casuality.
For example often when i unlock the phone, i have black screen with softkeys illuminated, specially if i left an app open. Or sometimes i click on icon and nothing happen.

Clearly i'm forced to reboot the smartphone.

Now i'm back to 13/07 to try if these problems are present or not.

Guest fonz93

Wich version of 13/07 are you using?, 14/07 version was made to fix the problem you described, and which ROM are you using?

Edit: i think that the problem can be the overcommit_memory, can you check if you have this option: "proc/sys/vm/overcommit_memory" set to 1? (with 14/07 kernel version) if not, you have to create an init.d script that changes the value at boot from 0 to 1 (echo "1" > /proc/sys/vm/overcommit_memory), if you don't know how to do that, i can do an init.d script for you

Edited by fonz93

There is one small KGSL related commit in the build of 14/07 as well: https://github.com/moddingg33k/android_kernel_synopsis/commit/779a1396029cbf7ab4bae205ca8e44b49d217255

Due of the information provided by the community (reports by domino & fonz) I might going to revert "overcommit_memory" to android's default value --> 1

I've not running into any issues having it set to 0. However there seem to be enough reasons to keep the setting '0' as default.

Guest fonz93

I'm using Cm11, now i'm back to 13/07 with Gpu Oc and for now no problems. The value is set to 1 in this version.

On 14/07 is set to 0 by default, this is why i said you to set it to 1 and see if you have problems, the 13/07 is of course working well because is set to 1 by default and because i had this problem too (on stock ROM) i am pretty sure is related to this

Edited by fonz93