[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

Guest greenalien

Hi all, new user here :)

I installed this on my Y300 last night using twrp, its my first time flashing a rom and recovery.

First of all thank you to H3ROS. Very nice work, my 1st impression is this is an awesome rom. Looks nice, fast, lots of new features im not used to having only used the huawei stock android before.

Took me a while to actually download the zip, it kept saying file is too big for virus checker but after about 10-20 times it finally decided to let me download. Im glad I kept trying it was worth it.

Now back to playing on my phone.

Thanks again.

Guest killadroid_

Thanks for explaining. So whats the best combo for nice animations and speed?

set all to 0.25 if u don't want animations or 0.75 if u want some animations. which is default value in the ROM

Guest juanpablocastillo

Other thing: Your "extra" script has a bad typo on FRandom enabler, because I used to enable it on synopsis and only replace urandom generator, not random.

Guest bubux62

Sorry for my English.
I mounted AOSP. I have a problem with the bluetooth.
I own a Bluetooth handsfree Parrot minikit slim.
My g510 detects it, it connects, I can send the phone call, but the speaker Parrot does not work.

I keep hearing the call only with my speaker phone.
Can you help me?

Many thanks

@H3ROS:

Could you consider the idea of adding the original Android boot logo? After all, it is an AOSP MOD. ;)

The ROM is designed to be AOSP, but it's also designed to be what many of us wish the Huawei stock ROM was actually like.

Personally I don't like the original Android boot animation as it looks a bit dated and ugly IMO. You can get it back though by deleting bootanimation.zip from /system/media/

As for the script, it's not a typo. When setting it up you're supposed to have frandom replace random and erandom replace urandom.

E = Economic

F = Fast

If you run the following commands then you'll see that everythings working just fine.

time head -c 10m /dev/random > /dev/null
time head -c 10m /dev/urandom > /dev/null
Note that by using the Synopsis kernel you'll have some bluetooth bugs. Mainly with stereo bluetooth headsets.

@ bubux62

Have you changed the kernel? If you haven't then it's due to Huawei's changes made to bluetooth. It's not something that I can easily correct.

Edited by H3ROS

With this ROM I was able to take the stock ROM and convert it back to AOSP while also fixing some of Huawei's bugs, so I already had a stable base ROM. If I were to do a KitKat ROM though then it wouldn't be any different to what's already available. There would be bugs to fix and it'll probably never work as well as Jelly Bean because the patches are all sort of hacked together from similar hardware.

Guest juanpablocastillo

The ROM is designed to be AOSP, but it's also designed to be what many of us wish the Huawei stock ROM was actually like.

Personally I don't like the original Android boot animation as it looks a bit dated and ugly IMO. You can get it back though by deleting bootanimation.zip from /system/media/

As for the script, it's not a typo. When setting it up you're supposed to have frandom replace random and erandom replace urandom.

E = Economic

F = Fast

If you run the following commands then you'll see that everythings working just fine.

time head -c 10m /dev/random > /dev/null
time head -c 10m /dev/urandom > /dev/null
Note that by using the Synopsis kernel you'll have some bluetooth bugs. Mainly with stereo bluetooth headsets.

@ bubux62

Have you changed the kernel? If you haven't then it's due to Huawei's changes made to bluetooth. It's not something that I can easily correct.

Yes, you are right. If the stock ROM was the half of good as this ROM, I maybe never rooted this device. :)

About the script: Are you sure? Because I executed "ls /dev/*random*" via terminal and only urandom was replaced and linked with erandom, not random with frandom. Anyway, I replaced your script frandom lines with moddingg33k frandom ones, and now random is replaced.

And about kernel Synopsis: Don't worry, I don't use bluetooth headset. I installed Synopsis because I need SWAP support, however, I think Huawei provided kernel suppprt SWAP too, because I runned "cat /proc/cpuinfo" and I see 'swp' function. I not tried it.

Oh, and thanks for the tip. ;)

Edited by juanpablocastillo

I think Huawei provided kernel suppprt SWAP too, because I runned "cat /proc/cpuinfo" and I see 'swp' function. I not tried it.

cpuinfo only says to you the features supported by the CPU, not by the kernel, stock Huawei kernel does not support SWAP

Guest juanpablocastillo

cpuinfo only says to you the features supported by the CPU, not by the kernel, stock Huawei kernel does not support SWAP

Thanks for clarify that.

Are you sure? Because I executed "ls /dev/*random*" via terminal and only urandom was replaced and linked with erandom, not random with frandom.

It should replace both, but it won't remove the original urandom because the keystore uses it (lsof | grep -i random).

When you run the benchmark commands with my frandom script applied you should find that it is working. It'll be slower when the stock kernels used.

Guest bubux62

@ bubux62

These are the details of my phone g510:

Model Number: huaweiy300-0100

Android version 4.1.1

Kernel version 3.4.0-perf-g6031273android@localhost)) # 1SMP PREEMPT Fri May

30 22 17 38 cst 2014

Build number Y300-0100V10R001C00B209

is that correct?

Still on the subject Parrott hands, I note that with the last slimkat

works perfectly, but it has other important bugs, and so I prefer AOSP rom because it satisfies me more !!

Thanks !

Edited by bubux62

Guest EdgeSRB

Any way to set MTP mode as  default upon connecting phone to PC, because every time when I restart phone it set back to Mass Storage (UMS)... and shows connected as a installer...

Guest EdgeSRB

i have a huawei G510 on the device name says Y300, how can i change that?

go to /system and in build.prop change line ro.product.name=Y300-100 to ro.product.name=G510