[Recovery] ClockWorkMod 6.0.5.1 for ZTE Open C / Kis 3

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT
2 hours ago, frnt said:

Well im dumb, i think i picked yes.

Should I just flash superuser.zip and go with the Chainfire's supersu root management?

Just reinstall the ROM (no need to wipe anything) and never select yes again. ;)

3 hours ago, KonstaT said:

Just reinstall the ROM (no need to wipe anything) and never select yes again. ;)

That seems like a logical thing to do but I just flashed superuser package like a retard. Thankfully, it worked just fine.

If anyone else has issues with drivers, try Kingroot, flash recovery with Flashify and don't fix the root while flashing a ROM. I mean it worked for me.

• 1 month later...
Guest maxiesnax

I'm using a ZTE KIS 3 Max but when I reboot into bootloader it says 

=> FASTBOOT mode...

so I typed in

fastboot boot recovery.img

all i get is

downloading 'boot.img'...

OKAY [   1.038s]

booting...

but noting happens, it says "USB Transmission OK" on te phone and I've left it for 2 minutes and it hasn't made progress. What's missing?

Guest maxiesnax
27 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

You're missing the fact that you have a completely wrong device...

I thought it would work given the name has KIS 3 in it. Is there no compatible recovery for my model then? I can't find anything on Google.

I assume the 6.0 ROM you've developed also won't work on this.

Edited by maxiesnax

Guest KonstaT
32 minutes ago, maxiesnax said:

I thought it would work given the name has KIS 3 in it. Is there no compatible recovery for my model then? I can't find anything on Google.

I assume the 6.0 ROM you've developed also won't work on this.

No, nothing you find here will work on that device. It has completely different hardware (MediaTek chipset vs. Qualcomm chipset in this one).

You better stay far away from MediaTek devices if you're interested in using AOSP based ROMs (e.g. CyanogenMod, etc).

Guest maxiesnax
On 03/02/2016 at 2:25 PM, KonstaT said:

No, nothing you find here will work on that device. It has completely different hardware (MediaTek chipset vs. Qualcomm chipset in this one).

You better stay far away from MediaTek devices if you're interested in using AOSP based ROMs (e.g. CyanogenMod, etc).

How would I go about rooting this device then? Is it possible? It's filled with Virgin Media bloatware and it's taking up a lot of space.

Guest KonstaT
20 hours ago, maxiesnax said:

How would I go about rooting this device then? Is it possible? It's filled with Virgin Media bloatware and it's taking up a lot of space.

Root exploits, building a custom recovery, etc.

Shouldn't be even very difficult if it's affected by the read only properties backdoor that was in the news last week.
http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news/software-bug-leaves-several-mediatek-powered-android-devices-vulnerable-to-attack-795743

Not a discussion that belongs to this thread, though.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest Shnoulle

Hi,

I try to apply CclockWorkMod an a rooted/updated ZTE Open C (french version).

Actually the phone is in on Firefox OS 2.2

I work on Fedora, here is the installed ADB

$ dnf info android-tools
Vérification de l'expiration des métadonnées effectuée il y a 0:00:44 sur Sat Feb 13 12:26:47 2016.
Paquets installés
Nom         : android-tools
Architectur : x86_64
Époque      : 0
Version     : 20141219git8393e50
Révision    : 4.fc23
Taille      : 660 k
Dépôt       : @System
Depuis le d : fedora
Résumé      : Android platform tools(adb, fastboot)
URL         : http://developer.android.com/guide/developing/tools/
Licence     : ASL 2.0 and (ASL 2.0 and BSD)
Description :
            : The Android Debug Bridge (ADB) is used to:
            :.......[cut]

I already updated FF using

adb reboot recovery / apply update from adb / adb sideload update.zip

Without issue (My user have the right : no need to by su).

But actually , i don't find the good way to fastboot ...

What i do:

$ adb version
Android Debug Bridge version 1.0.32
$ adb devices -l
List of devices attached 
a19ff0                 device usb:1-4 product:ZTE_OPENC model:Open_C device:ZTE_P821A10
$ adb reboot loader
# Phone reboot : default screen with the firefox logo
$ fastboot devices
#Nothing
$ fastboot boot recovery.img
< waiting for device >
#wait wait wait ....

I don't find a way to have fastboot version (fastboot -v show nothing). Did i need to update adb ? Something other to do ?

Thanks a lot :)

Guest KonstaT
53 minutes ago, Shnoulle said:

I don't find a way to have fastboot version (fastboot -v show nothing). Did i need to update adb ? Something other to do ?

You need to add udev rules. Quick Google search gave this for Fedora. ZTE uses generic Google mode for fastboot (18d1:d00d).

On ubuntu I have /etc/udev/rules.d/51-android.rules with:

SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="18d1", ATTRS{idProduct}=="d00d", MODE="0666", OWNER="username" #Google fastboot

Guest Shnoulle

Hi KonstaT,

No, same think.

Before, i already have

$ cat /etc/udev/rules.d/99-android-debug.rules 
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", MODE="0666", GROUP="plugdev"

Then i added

$ cat /etc/udev/rules.d/51-android.rules 
UBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="18d1", ATTRS{idProduct}=="d00d", MODE="0666", OWNER="shnoulle"

But exactly same thing : no way to see device in fastboot (root or not).

Adb work without issue :

$ adb reboot recovery
// reboot : apply update from adb
$ adb sideload update.zip

Work OK.

Maybe something with flash modem update to update Open C rom ?

If needed : i can update by sd or by sideload ? Using fastboot is required ?

[EDIT]

Looking at lsusb, updated udev:

# cat /etc/udev/rules.d/51-android.rules 
UBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="18d1", ATTRS{idProduct}=="d00d", MODE="0666", OWNER="shnoulle"
UBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="19d2", ATTRS{idProduct}=="1350", MODE="0666", OWNER="shnoulle"

But with root:

[root@beldaran 01- recovery]# adb reboot loader
[root@beldaran 01- recovery]# fastboot boot recovery.img
< waiting for device >

Thanks a lot,

Denis

PS :

Edited by Shnoulle
Added root test + udev update + link on other forum

Guest KonstaT
53 minutes ago, Shnoulle said:

# cat /etc/udev/rules.d/51-android.rules 
UBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="19d2", ATTRS{idProduct}=="1350", MODE="0666", OWNER="shnoulle"

That should be SUBSYSTEMS==.... And you have restarted your computer or reloaded the the udev rules after adding them? Another quick example found with Google search. http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=298965

Nothing to do with modem or anything else, most likely an issue with your udev rules. Also try running fastboot with sudo.

Guest Shnoulle

Hi,

fixed for udev rules , reboot done multiple times

Also try running fastboot with sudo.

Already done in root : no change ...

As root:

# cat /etc/udev/rules.d/*
SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="18d1", ATTRS{idProduct}=="d00d", MODE="0666", OWNER="shnoulle"
SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="19d2", ATTRS{idProduct}=="1350", MODE="0666", OWNER="shnoulle"
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", MODE="0666", GROUP="plugdev"
# adb devices -l
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
List of devices attached 
a19ff0                 device usb:1-4 product:ZTE_OPENC model:Open_C device:ZTE_P821A10

But fixed with:

# adb reboot bootloader 
# fastboot devices
a19ff0	fastboot
# fastboot boot recovery.img

Restart in CWM in RAM : time to backup, and to go after. Using bootloader and not loader ?

Guest KonstaT
22 minutes ago, Shnoulle said:

But fixed with:

# adb reboot bootloader 
# fastboot devices
a19ff0	fastboot
# fastboot boot recovery.img

Restart in CWM in RAM : time to backup, and to go after. Using bootloader and not loader ?

Well, doh. :P Where did you even get the idea that it's 'adb reboot loader'? That's not what it says in the installation instructions and it should just reboot your device normally anyway (not stay in the splash/blank screen like when you've booted to bootloader).

adb reboot bootloader
adb reboot-bootloader

Is correct and both do the same thing.

Guest KonstaT
7 minutes ago, Shnoulle said:

a problem between chair and keyboard

Sorry

Yeah, those are quite common. ;) No problem. :)

Edited by KonstaT

• 2 months later...
Guest Elexod
Hello !
KonstaT i'm french and Love you since ZTE Blade ^^
can we merge the sd card with the internal memory by any means on this phone ?
Please ^^

Edited by Elexod

• 4 months later...
Guest Kévin Heydens
On 23/08/2014 at 5:58 PM, KonstaT said:
By old fastboot, I take you mean the stock recovery? Bootloader mode just stays on the splash screen and you'll have fastboot access.

Have you flashed ZTE updates to your device? It means that you'll likely have a script (/system/etc/install-recovery.sh) that will replace your recovery with the stock one during a reboot.

Boot the recovery without installing it (fastboot boot recovery-cwm60xx-kis3.img) and make a backup of your stock ROM like instructed. When you select 'reboot' to boot out of recovery it should ask two questions. Something about root (you can ignore that) and then a warning about your custom recovery being overwritten. Select the option to prevent that. You should be able to flash it to the recovery partition so that it will stick after that.

thank you again KonstaT, I dont know well Finland but with you, I like it :D

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Sethimu5

Hi, I need some help.

Just followed all the steps with my ZTE OPEN and successfully installed Android, but.... the screen doesn't work anymore, I stuck in welcome screen, it turns when I turn the device, and the volume and power buttons work, but no response from the screen.

Any ideas?

On 9/12/2016 at 7:31 AM, Sethimu5 said:

Hi, I need some help.

Just followed all the steps with my ZTE OPEN and successfully installed Android, but.... the screen doesn't work anymore, I stuck in welcome screen, it turns when I turn the device, and the volume and power buttons work, but no response from the screen.

Any ideas?

What exactly did you install and how?

Some Kis 3 devices have different touchscreen hardware but I haven't heard about anything like that on Open C. Restore your stock firmware and see if it works there. Otherwise it could be a hardware failure.

• 1 month later...
Guest dannyYos

First I wanna thank you for all the great work, KonstaT. You're my hero. Now to my problems, I just can't reboot to bootloader. Phone turns itself off after the first command and I can't proceed to next step, stucked in waiting for device. I've tried with Vol down + Power button combo to enter fastboot mode but with no success. I'm using Win 7 x64 Ultimate. I wanna use you cm rom so badly, please help me.

Guest KonstaT
1 hour ago, dannyYos said:

First I wanna thank you for all the great work, KonstaT. You're my hero. Now to my problems, I just can't reboot to bootloader. Phone turns itself off after the first command and I can't proceed to next step, stucked in waiting for device. I've tried with Vol down + Power button combo to enter fastboot mode but with no success. I'm using Win 7 x64 Ultimate. I wanna use you cm rom so badly, please help me.

There's no visual confirmation that you've booted to bootloader on this device. It just stays on a blank screen if you have a Android/KitKat bootloader, or in the splash screen if you have a Firefox OS/Jelly Bean bootloader.

Install fastboot driver that supports generic Google fastboot mode (18d1:d00d). Google adb driver should work as well as universal adb driver. This has already been discussed to death on this thread.

Guest dannyYos

Thanks for fast reply. I've downloaded Google usb drivers, when I try to update, windows say that the best driver software is already installed.

edit

Done it! Installed Universal ADB Drivers and it works, just installed recovery!

Edited by dannyYos