[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM] [15/03/2015]

Guest fonz93

Is it good to keep zRAM (18%) on or off?, does affect battery life?

im using it with swappines at 100, and didnt see any huge problem with battery and the phone bekomes faster ;)

Guest luca020400

Keep the swappines at 100 is usless

From wikipedia : , and for most desktop systems, setting it to 100 may affect the overall performance, whereas setting it lower (even 0) may decrease response latency

------

In this way the swap will be occupied fastly

Guest wbrambley

Keep the swappines at 100 is usless

From wikipedia : , and for most desktop systems, setting it to 100 may affect the overall performance, whereas setting it lower (even 0) may decrease response latency

------

In this way the swap will be occupied fastly

Just as a point of interest, I have a Acer A1-810. It has 1gig ram and stock kitkat. The swappines is set at 100 and comp cache is 50% of ram. This is default settings, I found it kinda odd but it seems to work.

Just as a point of interest, I have a Acer A1-810. It has 1gig ram and stock kitkat. The swappines is set at 100 and comp cache is 50% of ram. This is default settings, I found it kinda odd but it seems to work.

Basically setting swappines to 100 means that swap will be used in 1:1 ratio to RAM. What do you understand under comp cache? As much as I know only Zram is used on Android. Those are not defaults in any normal build nor they will ever be. About swappines; standard used default is 60, I use 50, you want it to swap but no to often as it will eat battery and slow things down. Another thing about swap the recommended Linux setting is 2x available physical ram even this is to much for android phone... If by comp cache you did mean on Zram then again 50% of available RAM is to much. I don't find Zram nor performance nor battery friendly it's good enough for apps but when you need bandwidth it fails miserably. In cases like really large apps & games. It's stupid to compress something if it needs more time to compress/decompress than to JIT compile & I don't even want to talk about textures.

can I flash cextel or synopsis kernel to it?

No, i used a ramdisk .sh script to make faster the connection to the network, so, until you don't repack it properly for this CM10.1, you can't flash any kernel

Guest KOUROSHKTKK

No, i used a ramdisk .sh script to make faster the connection to the network, so, until you don't repack it properly for this CM10.1, you can't flash any kernel

is it swapiness?

can I make swap ?

can I use swapdragon?

Guest Romagnolo1973

It is recommended to freeze Google Play Services?

If you use Google services or apps (maps, G+. Gmail ... all the google garbage) no because they needed it to work.

if you don't use google apps yes, so you can increase battery life and get little more free ram

Google playstore and sync between your contacts and your google account are not affected if you freez it.

Note that even if you freeze it sometimes you can see a Google service start in background but is only 8 mb and probably is needed for android to work.

Edited by Romagnolo1973

Guest xSergioHp.

If you use Google services or apps (maps, G+. Gmail ... all the google garbage) no because they needed it to work.

if you don't use google apps yes, so you can increase battery life and get little more free ram

Google playstore and sync between your contacts and your google account are not affected if you freez it.

Note that even if you freeze it sometimes you can see a Google service start in background but is only 8 mb and probably is needed for android to work.

I use some Google services like Gmail, but anyway I do not get notifications. But freezing it, I do not lose push notifications? because once I tried it only received the Whatsapps, no other apps...

Guest kekkox88

Yes, if you freeze it you'll lose GCM services and so push notification.

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?/topic/373146-[GUIDE]-Tweaking-Google-Play-Services-to-use-less-RAM '> http://www.modaco.com/index.php?/topic/373146-[GUIDE]-Tweaking-Google-Play-Services-to-use-less-RAM see there and use Disable Service from Playstore.

Edited by kekkox88

Guest extendedtn

hello! i try all rom for y300 and this rom best speed and stable, but i have one question - how to maximize battery life? i use only programs(es explorer,vkontakte, poweramp,opera, uc browser, gmail,quickpic,fb reader, google maps,sense v2 flip clock and fleksy keyboard) my launcher is nova and for battery life i use greenfy, startup manager, wakelock detector and clean master, please give me some advice for maximize battery life! i not play games and not watch video. thanks!

ps. sorry for my english.

Guest Romagnolo1973

@ Picvajzmen: I'am, but my use is basic, I don't like any Google application and I don't use whatsapp and facebook. in my case Google service is useless so disabling it is the first thing I do with every new rom.

You can try disabling it with some app (SD Maid or System CleanUp or others on playstore) and see what happens, if something that you use is broken simply defreeze GS

Edited by Romagnolo1973

Guest Romagnolo1973

hello! i try all rom for y300 and this rom best speed and stable, but i have one question - how to maximize battery life? i use only programs(es explorer,vkontakte, poweramp,opera, uc browser, gmail,quickpic,fb reader, google maps,sense v2 flip clock and fleksy keyboard) my launcher is nova and for battery life i use greenfy, startup manager, wakelock detector and clean master, please give me some advice for maximize battery life! i not play games and not watch video. thanks!

ps. sorry for my english.

First try the batery time with your setting, if compared with stock or stock based rom is not so good then work on your setting because some app can affect battery and Wakelock detector can help in this investigation.

Guest extendedtn

First try the batery time with your setting, if compared with stock or stock based rom is not so good then work on your setting because some app can affect battery and Wakelock detector can help in this investigation.

I told about the programs used to somebody told me what settings disable (maybe 3d or swap) or other functions are not used to my programs.

best battery life rom for me is fusionx reborn(6 days without charging, calls 15-20 min per day, 1-2h poweramp music via BT handsat, and 20~ min per day social program and browser) but cm10.1 by fonz fastest and  more stable and i love this:) 

ps. sorry for my english:(