Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
craniac

Installing roms with TWRP and Flash SuperSU

8 posts in this topic

Hi, my apologies for my gross ignorance.  I am trying to get 4.3 or higher on my wife's Huawei Ascend y300 (100) so that it will be compatible with the Misfit Shine activity tracker I just bought her.  Right now it has 4.1.1.

Using the instructions at the huawei-y300.tumblr.com site, I've unlocked and rooted the phone.  TWRP and Flash SuperSU are installed and everything seems to work.  

I'm just not sure what I have to do next to get a stable Kitkat rom on the device.  I get the sense that I probably should have installed ClockWorkMod, but I am not sure.  Thanks for any tips.

For these question you have to post this here http://www.modaco.com/forum/736-huawei-ascend-g510-orange-daytona-y300/ ;-)

For flash a rom you have to reboot to recovery ( twrp or cwm doesn't matter ) flash all except sdcard and flash rom + gapps ( only non stock based roms )

You can try slimkat but mine favourite kitkat rom is aospa

Edited by luca020400

You need to update TWRP (2.6.3.3+)

Stable kitkat would be slimkat,which is also updating weekly :)

@Luca he want 4.3+ ROM for compatibility with the device he got for wife ! I think you you don't read all post :lol:

Edit- Hm...the double post seems not near me :P

Edited by SH3H1

Sorry XD

Update first post

For your double post problem : have configured the apn ?? Probably the rom uses the general config and cause the double post issue

Edited by luca020400

For these question you have to post this here http://www.modaco.com/forum/736-huawei-ascend-g510-orange-daytona-y300/ ;-)

For flash a rom you have to reboot to recovery ( twrp or cwm doesn't matter ) flash all except sdcard and flash rom + gapps ( only non stock based roms )

You can try slimkat but mine favourite kitkat rom is aospa

Thank you for your help!  I visited Ventimiglia for a few hours last month and now I must visit Italy.  I will go post in the correct forum.

OffTopic : Italy is fantastic ;-)

There was a great guide over in the link you provided, and my wife's phone now has Slimkat.  I forgot to back up her contacts but other than that she likes it.

Have you installed gapps ??