[OTHER] KK+Superuser= SD Maid issue Read Only File System Error

Guest Romagnolo1973

Guest Romagnolo1973

I have tried all KK roms for our device and I have this issue (not only me but is general)

In every rom  with Superuser  we can't unistall apps using SD Maid, SDM works perfectly freezing apps but if you try uninstalling, it seems working but at restart the app previously "uninstalled" are still here.

Talking with the developer and sending logs to him the issue is this:

1415730286614 V/SDM:Shell:Interactive: bufferError:1|rm: can't remove '/system/app/(name of the app)': Read-only file system 

This does not happen using SuperSu but it closed source so it is used in Nameless rom only, majority use superuser because opensource

SD Mais fails to remount the system partition in a writable state

This happen in some HTC device that are not S-OFF but why is the same with our huawei device with bootloader unlocked?

Using System Cleanup or other uninstaller solve the issue,

Can someone explain me why this happens? Thanks

Guest MJonMoDaCo

I have tried all KK roms for our device and I have this issue (not only me but is general)

In every rom  with Superuser  we can't unistall apps using SD Maid, SDM works perfectly freezing apps but if you try uninstalling, it seems working but at restart the app previously "uninstalled" are still here.

Talking with the developer and sending logs to him the issue is this:

1415730286614 V/SDM:Shell:Interactive: bufferError:1|rm: can't remove '/system/app/(name of the app)': Read-only file system 

This does not happen using SuperSu but it closed source so it is used in Nameless rom only, majority use superuser because opensource

SD Mais fails to remount the system partition in a writable state

This happen in some HTC device that are not S-OFF but why is the same with our huawei device with bootloader unlocked?

Using System Cleanup or other uninstaller solve the issue,

Can someone explain me why this happens? Thanks

Are you sure have given Superuser rights to SDMaid? It asks for it multiple times on my device (same chipset as far as I know), so you need to be sure that it has complete access to your filesystem. Perhaps you could use another app to mount the system as r/w before you start using SDMaid?

Check your settings under the Superuser app. If you're not sure, then uninstall and reinstall SDMaid, then open it, and give all prompts access. It *should* work. Let us know if not.

Guest Romagnolo1973

Are you sure have given Superuser rights to SDMaid? It asks for it multiple times on my device (same chipset as far as I know), so you need to be sure that it has complete access to your filesystem. Perhaps you could use another app to mount the system as r/w before you start using SDMaid?

Check your settings under the Superuser app. If you're not sure, then uninstall and reinstall SDMaid, then open it, and give all prompts access. It *should* work. Let us know if not.

I have check it in Superuser and it is in the list, and at first run there is the superuser prompt and I give at SDM the root permission.

The problem is that Superuser is a poor application compared to superSu (that let SDM works perfectly if instaled, but not been open source it is installed only in the Nameless rom). SDMaid dev give me some developer/beta versions to try so I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times and with the same result. Some italian users try and they have the same result so is general, our Huawei device has some isse with superuser