[ROM][5.1.1][ALL]SlimLP Beta 0.15 [06/02/16 ]

Guest chil360

Guest dkr84

Battery lasts longer than on previous builds. It's faster too. I cannot play videos from gallery. It says "Can't play this video". Root is working as it should. I diidn't install gapps so I don't know if there's a lag with them installed... Overall impressions so far are very very good..

Edit: I can play videos using Mx player.

Edited by dkr84

Guest dkr84

I don't know about those RR layers, I think one must install an app from the Play Store and apply desired themes, but I'm gonna try that when i install gapps...

Guest MicheleGuido

Hi guys!
First i need to thank chil360 for this rom! I have been waiting this rom since it has been released!
Then i have to ask you a question. I'm in trouble with GApps... I can't flash any gapps due "not enough space" bla bla bla, "try a smaller gapps". I can't flash smaller gapps beacuse there is no smaller gapps then pico uni gapps... What can i do! i really want to test this rom!
Thanks you!
Bye.

(sorry for my english, it is not my mother tongue)

Guest Lemon88

Battery lasts longer than on previous builds. It's faster too. I cannot play videos from gallery. It says "Can't play this video". Root is working as it should. I diidn't install gapps so I don't know if there's a lag with them installed... Overall impressions so far are very very good..

Try with mx player for this error.

I have some glitch with some app, the new function for themes okay, the rom is fast i test the battery it looks good

Guest fonz93

Hi guys!

First i need to thank chil360 for this rom! I have been waiting this rom since it has been released!

Then i have to ask you a question. I'm in trouble with GApps... I can't flash any gapps due "not enough space" bla bla bla, "try a smaller gapps". I can't flash smaller gapps beacuse there is no smaller gapps then pico uni gapps... What can i do! i really want to test this rom!

Thanks you!

Bye.

(sorry for my english, it is not my mother tongue)

Delete the "PrebuiltGmsCore" from the priv-app folder, it should be enough to free some space in /system, then you will need to install this as user app:

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/google-play-services/google-play-services-7-5-71-1955121-434-android-apk-download/

I don't know if it will affects the setup wizard, just to be sure, skip all the Google stuffs and add the account manually once you've installed the Google Play Services

Edited by fonz93

Guest MicheleGuido

Delete the "PrebuiltGmsCore" from the priv-app folder, it should be enough to free some space in /system, then you will need to install this as user app:

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/google-play-services/google-play-services-7-5-71-1955121-434-android-apk-download/

I don't know if it will affects the setup wizard, just to be sure, skip all the Google stuffs and add the account manually once you've installed the Google Play Services

Where i can find this priv-app folder ?

I've already tryed to install manually Google Play Service, first from aptoide, then from the same link you are giving me right now... in both cases i recived "Google Play Services stopped" bla bla bla, and i have to wipe and flash the rom again becuase this pop-up error never stop to pop-up (xD)

will FM radio ever work on lollipop or it's impossible?

i think FM radio is the hardest part of rom porting... but maybe, in a future... idk

Guest fonz93

Where i can find this priv-app folder ?

I've already tryed to install manually Google Play Service, first from aptoide, then from the same link you are giving me right now... in both cases i recived "Google Play Services stopped" bla bla bla, and i have to wipe and flash the rom again becuase this pop-up error never stop to pop-up (xD)

i think FM radio is the hardest part of rom porting... but maybe, in a future... idk

You can't use Google Play Services without the Gapps package installed.. it is normal that it gave you that error. The priv-app folder it's inside the Gapps .zip

Guest MicheleGuido

You can't use Google Play Services without the Gapps package installed.. it is normal that it gave you that error. The priv-app folder it's inside the Gapps .zip

Still telling me "not enough space"... should i try to change recovery? i have a cwm 6.0.4.4 ... should i try twrp? 

Guest fonz93

Still telling me "not enough space"... should i try to change recovery? i have a cwm 6.0.4.4 ... should i try twrp? 

I don't know, try it

Guest MicheleGuido

I was thinking to resize system partition, but i'm afraid of bricking permanently the device, so i'm not doing it

EDIT: Not working...

Edited by MicheleGuido

Guest MicheleGuido

Ok i flashed SlimLP 5.1.1 then (from aptoid) i installed link2sd from aptoide ( since i can't use Google Play Store) and i went in "Storage info". it says i've got 10% free space (exactly 51.93mb). it's enough for flashing pico uni gapps (32mb) but still not flashing it... 

EDIT: Just read log file and i see i need 28788KB (29m) of Additional Space

Edited by MicheleGuido

Guest fonz93

it's enough for flashing pico uni gapps (32mb) but still not flashing it... 

It isn't, the space it's higher once the .zip is extracted in the /system partition, that's a rule of any compressed archive

Guest Jairus1998

I was thinking to resize system partition, but i'm afraid of bricking permanently the device, so i'm not doing it

EDIT: Not working...

Do you want me to make a video on how to repetition Y300/G510/G330 devices.

I did mine. I got 2Gb data at the cost of sdcard0