[ROM][5.1.1][ALL]SlimLP Beta 0.15 [06/02/16 ]

Guest chil360

Guest poori12

I just installed this Rom on my Y300, I have these problems during install:

- (bad) installation abort

so I changed file name to something smaller and its OK  :P 

And current Rom has some problems like 
- Very low quality icons
- Small texts and clock (and other things)
- Colors are not real (every thing is kinda purple)

It's smoother than last build of SlimKat, unless I installed Gapps  :( 
Anyway, just install Gapps nano to make it work like real device.

and at last, Thanks a lot Chill360 for building this Rom  ;)

Guest fonz93

And current Rom has some problems like 

- Very low quality icons

- Small texts and clock (and other things)

Change your DPI from 200 to 240

Guest juanpablocastillo

This project is over or something waiting for?

There isn't updates from Slim for now, and our devs are trying to fix things internally. The project isn't ended, only there is nothing to update/fix for now.

Guest chil360

I have uploaded a new build overnight with my latest device tree changes.

The Slim source code still hasn't been updated (infrastructure problems) so don't expect any new features but I thought it was worth making a new build with latest changes I have made.

Changelog:

25/03/15

• Slim sources 25/03/15
  • Merge audio HALs (u8833 & u8825) to a single codebase and update with commits from CAF
  • Fix for Camera video recording
  • Media playback with software codecs
  • Enable dex preoptimization for faster start on initial boot
  • ART optimizations for low ram devices (thanks fonz93)

G330 Users:

• Dex preoptimization uses more space on system. If this causes problems with the smaller system partition size on your device, let me know and I will disable it.
  • Please can you also confirm that audio sill works after merging the audio HAL's.

Guest farfix

Still need to flash SuperSu. Hopefully this will be fixed once Slim start publishing updates again.

Only SuperSU works on SlimLP? Koush's SuperSU isn't compatible with lollipop yet?

Guest POmniac

Great work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. flashed ROM

2. activated from settings developer options and enabled root access for apps and adb (it seems to work)

3. Installed ES File Explorer and build.prop editor and set LCD to 240 dpi

4. installed this gapps: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95897840722646846

5. added google acount

6. installed Go Backup and Titanium backup and restored some apps (Candy Crush can be restored with data only with Titanium)

Everything works great, no lagg, and I have 220 MB free RAM

Thanks @chil for this fantastic release :wub:

Edited by POmniac

Guest GodsOtherHand

@chil360

Ty for your hard work. I will try it just to see how it behaves :).

Just a little thing: Could you maybe post something in the 1st post saying that wifi might be a problem to some users? I understand that some have it working, while others can't use it. 

Reading the 1st post suggests that wifi is working 100%, which might confuse people. 

This (the WIFI bug) is what is probably keeping alot of us from using 5.0 daily, and that's the first thing I checked when i saw the new release. Would spare alot of 'is the wifi working in this build' when new builds are coming :).

Edited by GodsOtherHand

Guest bushibaa

<p>

I have uploaded a new build overnight with my latest device tree changes.

The Slim source code still hasn't been updated (infrastructure problems) so don't expect any new features but I thought it was worth making a new build with latest changes I have made.

G330 Users:

• Dex preoptimization uses more space on system. If this causes problems with the smaller system partition size on your device, let me know and I will disable it.
  • Please can you also confirm that audio sill works after merging the audio HAL's.
audio works. ty chil.

Guest Jefrey Reyes

Hi @chil360 'm testing the new upgrade and feel the change even facebook app runs fine and excellent work whatsapp calls only thing I found is that the screen does not appear when you call me and I can not answer is that it is an alpha and this will go away with time fixing sorry for my bad English using google translator

Edited by Jefrey Reyes

Guest trivpursuit

I can not install apk from unknown sources. have enabled the unknown source, but appear an error, and not install.

Best regards

Guest Time-IT

Yes, wifi is still a problem.

Hi chil360,

Is there a way to help you with resolving the wifi problems? I've the problem to. The rest of the rom works great for me.

Thx

Guest farfix

Is there a way to have the "3G" signal icon instead the "R" one? (I use Virgin Mobile in Chile, which is a MVNO)

I tried CM12 and it changes the "R" icon to "3G" in the first boot... In SlimKat the same... the "R" icon changed to "3G" after first boot

BTW, the ROM is working excellent...

lozm7Fam.jpg

Guest alexandermb

Farfix, is there someway to make work the old Huawei Y300 - 0151 Dlna, or Power saving apk ? with the lollipop system, and in the 03-25 Version, the animation line in the status bar was fixed ?

Edited by alexandermb