[GUIDE] TESTED:How to get reliable root and TWRP on Su6 that is problematic.

Guest Umrtvovacz

Guest Umrtvovacz

Hello,

I have one of those Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 devices which just refused to get rooted by the simple methods which most people used. I have finally figured out how to get reliable root that persists after restarts. This is complete step by step guide, there may be some redundant steps, but doing this is the only way I got it to work.

0) Download those files and put them onto your SD card:

TWRP recovery - recovery-twrp2870-p839v55.img - http://www.modaco.com/forums/topic/375554-recovery-twrp-2870/

Rename the recovery-twrp2870-p839v55.img to recovery.img so you don't have to type that much.

Stock rom for default recovery - 2015072214222958.ziphttp://www.modaco.com/forums/topic/375507-stock-rom-download/

Flashable stock rom for TWRP - choose flashable zip for your country or UK- This is one, for example, with removed Vodafone bloat: http://www.modaco.com/forums/topic/375760-vdf-995nb01-uk_mr01d-twrp-flashable-stock-rom-full-lite/

Framaroot - Framaroot-1.9.3.apkhttp://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2784451&d=1402084843

Kingroot - Kingroot_v4.5.0.722.apkhttps://sites.google.com/site/androidxdacom/file/Kingroot_V4.5.0.803.apk?attredirects=0

Terminal Emulator - jackpal.androidterm-1.0.70-71-minAPI4.apk - http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/jack-palevich/terminal-emulator/terminal-emulator-1-0-70-android-apk-download/

1) Go to stock recovery

2) Wipe data and cache

3) Flash stock rom

4) Wipe data and cache again

5) Restart to system

6) When android boots, connect to WIFI but not Google, skip everything else then WIFI

7) Go to Settings - Security - Allow unknown sources

8) Go to File Manager, install Framaroot

9) Open it, it will tell you your device is not supported and close itself. This is the only thing I found that makes KingRoot run reliably.

10) Install Kingroot

11) open Kingroot and let it run the root sequence. Do not at any point close this app (especially do not swipe it off in Recent Apps)

12) After it's done you have TEMPORARY ROOT. But beware! DO NOT CLOSE KINGROOT! Do not use back button (closed it for me once) use the home button instead. KingRoot NEEDS to be running. If at any point it closes, you will lose temporary root and you need to start again from 1)!

13) Install Terminal Emulator

14) Write:

su

15) After you write su you will get a root permission popup. If you don't, you have lost your temporary root, and need to start again from 1). If you do get prompt, write:

dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/recovery

16) After it is done installing, power off, boot into recovery (volume up + power button) and it should go into TWRP recovery

17) Do the TWRP swipe wipe (it's all you need, data, cache, dalvik)

18) Install the flashable stock rom for TWRP.

19) After it's done installing, before reboot it will ask you whether you want to install SuperSU. Say YES!

20) Boot up, connect to wifi and skip everything else.

21) In your app drawer locate Install SuperSU or SuperSU Installer. It's called something like that, easy to find.

22) When it asks you which method you want, choose TWRP. The file will download quickly and phone will restart into TWRP recovery. It will auto install SuperSU.

23) Reboot. You can test root access by installing and running Terminal Emulator and write su

24) Now you can connect to Google. The root persists. I tried 6+ restarts all the while connected to Google services

I am pretty sure the step with Framaroot is somewhat odd. But I haven't found a way to get KingRoot running and grant me temporary root without it, and I tried many things.

In this guide you essentially use KingRoot to get temporary root, use the temporary root to install TWRP, then use TWRP to get permanent root. This root persists over multiple restarts, with Google backup turned on all sync working. I just restarted the phone to be really sure. It works.

I hope this will help somebody who wasn't able to get root using the easy and simple methods many people were able to use without problems.

Edited by Umrtvovacz

Guest LiNe171

But that stock rom it's an PT-PT version.. Add a link from the UK version, Paul created a topic of it.

But nice tuto, i hope this helps :)

Edit: I just saw you have one link from UK-UK, but it's from ZTE.. Paul has a TWRP flashable one.

Edited by LiNe171

Guest Umrtvovacz

But that stock rom it's an PT-PT version.. Add a link from the UK version, Paul created a topic of it.

But nice tuto, i hope this helps :)

Edit: I just saw you have one link from UK-UK, but it's from ZTE.. Paul has a TWRP flashable one.

But that's the one I used and the one tested as working. You may try any other, and you can also post links to any other roms. But the one that worked for me is the one I linked.

Guest Frankish

Pretty sure framaroot isn't needed at all there I posted a topic about this and got it rooted for one user pretty much the way you describe except no framaroot.

Guest LiNe171

One thing.. When i root my su6, i just install Link2SD + flashify + greenify and TWRP.. And my phone get's a bit lag, i notice it on boot animation, breaks a bit..

Im unrooted at this moment and wow.. So much fluid and faster.. Boots in less then 10 sec.. It's normal? I want root, Greenify helps me alot with battery but i don't want lag at opening apps, booting and that stuff :\

Edited by LiNe171

Guest Umrtvovacz

Pretty sure framaroot isn't needed at all there I posted a topic about this and got it rooted for one user pretty much the way you describe except no framaroot.

I also think so. But for some reason I couldn't get the KingRoot to grant me successful root, even temporary one. I tried few different things and I ran the KingRoot multiple times, and only times it finished and gave me temp. root was when I installed Framaroot.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Andy From Ireland

Hello,

I have one of those Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 devices which just refused to get rooted by the simple methods which most people used. I have finally figured out how to get reliable root that persists after restarts. This is complete step by step guide, there may be some redundant steps, but doing this is the only way I got it to work.

0) Download those files and put them onto your SD card:

TWRP recovery - recovery-twrp2870-p839v55.img - http://www.modaco.com/forums/topic/375554-recovery-twrp-2870/

Rename the recovery-twrp2870-p839v55.img to recovery.img so you don't have to type that much.

Stock rom for default recovery - 2015072214222958.ziphttp://www.modaco.com/forums/topic/375507-stock-rom-download/

Flashable stock rom for TWRP - su6.stock.update.nowipePTPT.ziphttp://www.modaco.com/forums/topic/375674-rom502stockflashable-zip-stock-vodafone-lollipop-rom-collection/

Framaroot - Framaroot-1.9.3.apkhttp://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2784451&d=1402084843

Kingroot - Kingroot_v4.5.0.722.apkhttps://sites.google.com/site/androidxdacom/file/Kingroot_V4.5.0.803.apk?attredirects=0

Terminal Emulator - jackpal.androidterm-1.0.70-71-minAPI4.apk - http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/jack-palevich/terminal-emulator/terminal-emulator-1-0-70-android-apk-download/

thanks for the tutourial - I really want to try this because at the moment I can only get temporary root with KingRoot on my SU6 and it looses root every time I restart the phone. I have downloaded all those Items, only one I am having problem downloading is the file: su6.stock.update.nowipePTPT.zip gets to about 66% and that is it cannot get to 100% download from MEGA - you couldnt point me in another direction for a mirror of the file please?

Guest Umrtvovacz

thanks for the tutourial - I really want to try this because at the moment I can only get temporary root with KingRoot on my SU6 and it looses root every time I restart the phone. I have downloaded all those Items, only one I am having problem downloading is the file: su6.stock.update.nowipePTPT.zip gets to about 66% and that is it cannot get to 100% download from MEGA - you couldnt point me in another direction for a mirror of the file please?

The one I linked was Portugal version. I linked it because I tested on it. 

I recommend http://www.modaco.com/forums/topic/375760-vdf-995nb01-uk_mr01d-twrp-flashable-stock-rom-full-lite/ with removed Vodafone bloat.

Guest elperroderoke

I got perma root with mobilego

Same here.

My too, but the problem if you read this and other topics is that for one reason there are some SU6 where system is write protected so no matter what you try, you can only have temporally root, so you have to use this temporally root to install TWRP and then having root using TWRP.

The question where is if Mobilego work to have temporally root too, or the only way to have temporally root in system's write protected SU6 is Kingroot.

Regards.

Edited by elperroderoke

Guest Zeus_Alex

I think we got your point...you are still rooted
Atleast thats what you say here. On xda you say you are not, in another forum you say the same, but here you are rooted... confusing

But there are other cases that can't be done. The only way is trough twrp, as you can read trough other posts that myself, and others, have wrote.

For elperroderoke, for me only kingroot worked.

Guest Zeus_Alex

**Edited: it's of no use telling you what i wrote. Some people, even if they can read, don't get the point and still blame others even when they don't know what they are talking about**

Check on XDA and you will see that i made roms, several of them, helped out the community (that's what this is right?!) and never got butthurt because someone knows more than me.

Anyhow, rooting because cm is coming (big if, because i can boot it too without any problems) is a mistake. It may be coming, it may not.
And btw, don't judge others just because you have a "i can be rooted SU6" because i had one too and if i'm not mistaken you too had problems rooting it. There are 2 batches in the market and from what i can see, the Silver model has the "yellow" screen and is harder to root with the available root exploits and there is the White one that can be rooted without any problems and has a more bright white screen. The black model i can't speak of because i haven't got one.

And yes, that is tested by me, having both...not my sister, my wife or a friend...they are both mine. I'm trying to get a black one for myself just to check other details and compare them.

Edited by Zeus_Alex

Guest Andy From Ireland

The one I linked was Portugal version. I linked it because I tested on it. 

I recommend http://www.modaco.com/forums/topic/375760-vdf-995nb01-uk_mr01d-twrp-flashable-stock-rom-full-lite/ with removed Vodafone bloat.

Thanks for your help - I tell you where I am at, at the moment:

have TWRP installed
Using stock android with their latest update VDF-995NB01-IE_MR01d
Have full permanent root as I rooted with KingRoot then flashed TWRP then installed SU update zip through TWRP - root checker app tells me I have full root
want to Install xposed installer, when I go to install framework  it says (in red) : Xposed is not (yet) compatible with Android SDK version 21 or your processor architecture (armeabi-v7a) 
CANNOT LINK EXECUTABLE could not load library "libdvm.so"  .......  "libdvm.so" not found  - really would love to get xposed working on this VFSU6 , is anyone else got problems installing xposed installer?

Wanted to try using the TWRP flashable roms - tried to download full and lite from that server called MEGA but cannot download anything 100% from that server it stops about 88% - can I find the full and lite flashable zips with any other server apart from MEGA?

Trying to change DPI using 'root DPI changer' from wild east coders - says dpi changed but when I reboot its still same DPI as it was before (480dpi) - I wonder why I cannot change dpi seeing as im rooted?

Guest Zeus_Alex

Read some posts above. System has to be in R/W mode. Reboot into recovery (TWRP), go into file manager and change DPI manually. Save, reboot, and you should have it as you wanted

**Edited: it's of no use telling you what i wrote. Some people, even if they can read, don't get the point**

Anyhow, rooting because cm is coming (big if, because i can boot it too without any problems) is a mistake. It may be coming, it may not.
And btw, don't judge others just because you have a "i can be rooted SU6" because i had one too and if i'm not mistaken you too had problems rooting it. There are 2 batches in the market and from what i can see, the Silver model has the "yellow" screen and is harder to root with the available root exploits and there is the White one that can be rooted without any problems and has a more bright white screen. The black model i can't speak of because i haven't got one.

And yes, that is tested by me, having both...not my sister, my wife or a friend...they are both mine. I'm trying to get a black one for myself just to check other details and compare them.

Why shouldnt cm come? Ionespeaker its working on it. Just need to fix WiFi etc.
And never had problems rooting, my Phone its the silver model :)

Guest Zeus_Alex

Wifi, bt, gps, compass, adreno drivers and several other modules that are missing. But that is easy right?
I think i won't be saying much more because i'm getting there also. And i can say to lonespeaker that is a long way from booting it and making it work 100%.

Guest Andy From Ireland

Read some posts above. System has to be in R/W mode. Reboot into recovery (TWRP), go into file manager and change DPI manually. Save, reboot, and you should have it as you wanted

sorry new to teamwin recovery - all other androids I have had I have used clockwork mod recovery - so is there a setting in TWRP to set system to R/W or shall I do it normally booted in root explorer app? - I went to file manager in TWRP and could not see anything to set system to R/W

Guest Zeus_Alex

You change DPI inside TWRP File manager.

You have to mount /system first. That's another option in Mount menu.
Then go to /system and modify build.prop and change the value for what you want. Save it and voilá...Done

Edited by Zeus_Alex

Guest Andy From Ireland

You change DPI inside TWRP File manager.

You have to mount /system first. That's another option in Mount menu.
Then go to /system and modify build.prop and change the value for what you want. Save it and voilá...Done

thank you for your help - i am in twrp recovery now. mounted system. went into file manager selected build.prop and only have options

copy file   Move
chmod 755  chmod
Delete  rename file

nothing about modify or edit

Thanks