[GUIDE] TESTED:How to get reliable root and TWRP on Su6 that is problematic.

Guest Umrtvovacz

Guest Andy From Ireland

hmmm, i have just gone into build.prop on my VFSU6 through root explorer and I cannot find a line for ro.sf.lcd_density= anywhere at all on my build.prop, it seems to be missing! - am I doing something wrong? - in fact I cannot find any reference to 480dpi in my build prop file

EDIT: all rooted now and loaded xposed installer and using app setting module to set my dpi for apps on a per app basis instead

Edited by Andy From Ireland
updated info

Guest elperroderoke

i tried this method and the twrp its installed and the phone is rooted, but i dont know why i cant remove system apps

Because even you are root, system is still R/W protected, you can only modify system files through TWRP. Flashing zip files (that's the reason root is permanent) or using TWRP file manager.

Regards.

Edited by elperroderoke

• 4 weeks later...
Guest LisaLiLisaLi

Terminal Emulator keeps saying "No such file or directory" for recovery.img at step 15. I have tried a number of times. I am typing it correctly. The file is on the SD card. What can I do here?

Thanks!

Guest KonstaT

Terminal Emulator keeps saying "No such file or directory" for recovery.img at step 15. I have tried a number of times. I am typing it correctly. The file is on the SD card. What can I do here?

Thanks!

Internal or external sdcard? Internal is /sdcard - external is /storage/sdcard1.

Guest LisaLiLisaLi

Internal or external sdcard? Internal is /sdcard - external is /storage/sdcard1.

The guide said to put them all on an SD card, so that's what I did, and followed the instructions. I then tried moving the file to the internal memory and it finally worked.

However, AdAway does not seem to work - and that was the main reason I tried rooting. It says "disabled" after each restart. GRRR!!!

Guest KonstaT

The guide said to put them all on an SD card, so that's what I did, and followed the instructions. I then tried moving the file to the internal memory and it finally worked.

However, AdAway does not seem to work - and that was the main reason I tried rooting. It says "disabled" after each restart. GRRR!!!

Guide should specify internal sdcard like it says in the TWRP thread.

You likely have one of those nasty /system write protected devices. :( There's a guide how to get AdAway working on those devices, too.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest LisaLiLisaLi

Guide should specify internal sdcard like it says in the TWRP thread.

You likely have one of those nasty /system write protected devices. :( There's a guide how to get AdAway working on those devices, too.

Thanks so much, that worked, finally! Yay!

However, after the root, I'm experiencing a LOT of lag, everywhere. Anyone else?

UPDATE: AdAway says it's working, but it's not. It's not blocking any ads. Grrr!

Edited by LisaLiLisaLi

Guest LisaLiLisaLi

Try to root it with kingroot.. Install twrp and flash supersu.zip from xda..

Not supposed to lag with root..

That's what I did, I followed the first post in this thread.

Guest LisaLiLisaLi

Xposed lags your Phone if u dont follow a tutorial.. Its here on modaco.. Search it.

I'll check it out - but it started lagging immediately after the root, even without Xposed. I'll try again.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest cashflow67

Hello,

I have one of those Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 devices which just refused to get rooted by the simple methods which most people used. I have finally figured out how to get reliable root that persists after restarts. This is complete step by step guide, there may be some redundant steps, but doing this is the only way I got it to work.

0) Download those files and put them onto your SD card:

TWRP recovery - recovery-twrp2870-p839v55.img - http://www.modaco.com/forums/topic/375554-recovery-twrp-2870/

Rename the recovery-twrp2870-p839v55.img to recovery.img so you don't have to type that much.

Stock rom for default recovery - 2015072214222958.ziphttp://www.modaco.com/forums/topic/375507-stock-rom-download/

Flashable stock rom for TWRP - choose flashable zip for your country or UK- This is one, for example, with removed Vodafone bloat: http://www.modaco.com/forums/topic/375760-vdf-995nb01-uk_mr01d-twrp-flashable-stock-rom-full-lite/

Framaroot - Framaroot-1.9.3.apkhttp://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2784451&d=1402084843

Kingroot - Kingroot_v4.5.0.722.apkhttps://sites.google.com/site/androidxdacom/file/Kingroot_V4.5.0.803.apk?attredirects=0

Terminal Emulator - jackpal.androidterm-1.0.70-71-minAPI4.apk - http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/jack-palevich/terminal-emulator/terminal-emulator-1-0-70-android-apk-download/

1) Go to stock recovery

2) Wipe data and cache

3) Flash stock rom

4) Wipe data and cache again

5) Restart to system

6) When android boots, connect to WIFI but not Google, skip everything else then WIFI

7) Go to Settings - Security - Allow unknown sources

8) Go to File Manager, install Framaroot

9) Open it, it will tell you your device is not supported and close itself. This is the only thing I found that makes KingRoot run reliably.

10) Install Kingroot

11) open Kingroot and let it run the root sequence. Do not at any point close this app (especially do not swipe it off in Recent Apps)

12) After it's done you have TEMPORARY ROOT. But beware! DO NOT CLOSE KINGROOT! Do not use back button (closed it for me once) use the home button instead. KingRoot NEEDS to be running. If at any point it closes, you will lose temporary root and you need to start again from 1)!

13) Install Terminal Emulator

14) Write:

su

15) After you write su you will get a root permission popup. If you don't, you have lost your temporary root, and need to start again from 1). If you do get prompt, write:

dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/recovery

16) After it is done installing, power off, boot into recovery (volume up + power button) and it should go into TWRP recovery

17) Do the TWRP swipe wipe (it's all you need, data, cache, dalvik)

18) Install the flashable stock rom for TWRP.

19) After it's done installing, before reboot it will ask you whether you want to install SuperSU. Say YES!

20) Boot up, connect to wifi and skip everything else.

21) In your app drawer locate Install SuperSU or SuperSU Installer. It's called something like that, easy to find.

22) When it asks you which method you want, choose TWRP. The file will download quickly and phone will restart into TWRP recovery. It will auto install SuperSU.

23) Reboot. You can test root access by installing and running Terminal Emulator and write su

24) Now you can connect to Google. The root persists. I tried 6+ restarts all the while connected to Google services

I am pretty sure the step with Framaroot is somewhat odd. But I haven't found a way to get KingRoot running and grant me temporary root without it, and I tried many things.

In this guide you essentially use KingRoot to get temporary root, use the temporary root to install TWRP, then use TWRP to get permanent root. This root persists over multiple restarts, with Google backup turned on all sync working. I just restarted the phone to be really sure. It works.

I hope this will help somebody who wasn't able to get root using the easy and simple methods many people were able to use without problems.

Thanks but your guide doesn't support /system partition R/W. I can't uninstall any system apps or I can't edit build.prob! Please can you find a suitable solution for this System R/W Access problem?

Guest cashflow67

Xposed lags your Phone if u dont follow a tutorial.. Its here on modaco.. Search it.

AS we talked before I have system R/W access problem. I did everything on forum to make it work but it fails. Device is not fully rooted. This is really absurd!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cashflow67

There is no known solution to the write-protected system partition. Modifications must instead be done through TWRP.

This is rubbish.Someone must have something to do for this BIG PROBLEM!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest suckermc

Hi,

I followed this guide and all seemed fine, everything worked as expected; had root and rom with vodafone bloat removed, all looked good. But then I powered off the phone and now ever since I seem to go in an endless boot loop, either:

1) I power on the phone and it boots into the main android screen, and allows me to use the screen etc for 5-10secs before the screen stops responding and then the phone reboots

2) Or I manage to Vol+ and Power, and I get the TeamWin blue splash screen, which stay for 5-10secs before the phone reboots

I am completely stuck, all the help guides tell me to boot into the recovery first... but I cant do that because of num 2 above.

Please, please, someone help...