Integrity Check Failure?

Guest tcpaulh

My /system was modified so I flashed Paul's latest rooted image in order to allow an upgrade path to lollipop.

The process went smoothly except now when I try to apply to 314mb update it fails the integrity check.

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Cheers :)

Trying a factory reset...

Yay, update loop: download, apply, fail, repeat

So, trying the escape method @ http://www.modaco.com/forums/topic/373642-how-to-root-your-hudl-2/?page=16#comment-2248479

OK, I had to hold down the left comma rather than the microphone key but am now flashing one of the other 2 pre-rooted rom images in the "how to root" post.

Edited by tcpaulh

http://1drv.ms/1YOc0Dd

download this file and go into tethered update by doing the google keyboard hack you have done and activate usb debugging.

when the cwm recovery is loaded put this file on an sd card and do update from zip on sd card. this will fix it as I did the same yesterday so I edited the script to remove all checks and it works, http://1drv.ms/1QKKqRe this is the small lollipop update so if you want lollipop repeat process with this file  so this forces it. its fine to let it do the update the legit way then.

hope this helps

Edited by dmw2010

The good news is 20140924 has it back running again. The bad news is that Wi-Fi is crippled. It connects after booting but then consistently disconnects after a few minutes then comes up with "authentication error". This makes it hard to download any further update.

I suspect that downgrading using Paul's prerooted images leaves something screwy with the modem partition. Paul specifically warned:

Your Hudl2 MUSTbe running software version '20140924.194555' or '20141009.191216',

Somebdy posted that they'd had luck downgrading and seeing as I was in a boot loop I thought it was worth a try.

Guest Jurgen_W

Just one step behind you @tcpaulh. Also experienced crippled Wifi with that build but couldn't even get Google registered. Oh well, will try the last build in the list: 20141009.191216 (r1)

@dwm2010: thanks for the script, I'll try that after I try the last build. I don't quite follow though, I assume that script has to be bundled into an update.zip file?

Thanks dmw2010 :)

Update.zip installed ok. Wifi issue remains.

Can't connect to play store or check for hudl updates. The thing is it works for a minute sometimes then drops. I did manage previously to complete google account setup via wifi and this is still in place. 

Clearing data / cache on google services etc. 

It's the weirdest thing. I've managed to connect to play store and downloaded 4mb of 50mb update to google play services and wifi just gives up. Goes down to one bar then disconnects. Same story with hudl updates and web browsing. It grinds to a halt. Reconnect results in "authentication problem" which persists until reboot. Hmmm

Edited by tcpaulh

Guest Jurgen_W

I've now flashed 20141009.191216 (r1) and it is failing at the "Checking for updates" screen.

I also tried to flash the modified update.zip from @dmw2010 but it get the "signature verification failed/Installation aborted" message (see attached).

20150930_123645.jpg

I was able to flash both of dmw2010's update.zips from cwm but wifi still borked. I've managed to download 4% of the 420mb update and update a few apps but that's it.

Guest Jurgen_W

Ahhh... CWM! That's what I was missing. 

I've reflashed the latest rooted image (system.hudl2.rooted.20150106.154003.ONLY.r1.img) and I'm busy flashing the update.zip from @dmw2010 via CWM and I'll see how that goes...

Update: it is now downloading the 1030MB OTA update which I assume is the main Lollipop update. So a step further, let's see...

Edited by Jurgen_W
Update with additional info

lol reboot after flashing r1 img then reenable usb debug if needed then reboot with tether and flash update.zip. then reboot.

if you still have probs try cleare cache and data reset from recovery

Guest gingerneil

Many thanks for this - I was in the same boat. Flashed the update1 and update2 zips and now going through the Updating Apps process, and will hopefully be downloading the big lollipop update soon....

Guest dmw2010

Yes, many thanks dmw2010. You're not too bad at this lark for a 'Newbie'. Now if you could just sort out a Lollipop root solution that would be great ;-p

lol hey I'm not that cleaver lol it made sense to capture the 314meg and edit it it to stop the boot and update loop, I'm afraid the root will be out my hands, I wouldn't know where to start lol