Huawei Y300 Gaming

Guest dre90210

Guest dre90210

Does anyone else think the y300 has more potential than what is displayed???.... HD Games can run decent on this device if tweaked for performance. I think devs should start testing games like Real Racing 3, Asphault 8, etc. instead of little games like Candy Crush. Those games are not suitable to test on roms because they don't require alot of effort to run.

Can anyone back me up here? I got HD games to run well on Kitkat roms. Now Trying to ddo the same to Lollipop roms

Guest dre90210

I use kernel auditor to tweak the values : dirty ratio =90, minfree kbytes =6630, Swappiness =80 - 100, vfs cache pressure =300. I use an Xposed module called Performance Profile to create profiles for my games also. I choose governor = Interactive (mostly) or Performance and 480 for min CPU and highest for Max 1008 or 1046 depending on the kernel/rom

Guest dre90210

You can test any kk. I always install alot of apps on my phone before I test any game then use Greenify to hibernate them so u should have a better experience in games than me lol :D. But my experience with the kk roms are that 4.4.4 lag a bit more than 4.4.2 (AOSB 1.2.8 kk) 

Guest dre90210

Anyone know of a way to make HD Games run faster on the Y300???

I think we need a way to free more Ram maybe like get 300mb free to start games with. Anyone?

Guest pesartom

can you run real racing 3 or asphalt 8 without lag?

I cant do that with any kind of rom (stock and others form b199 - 5.1.1)

i dont use any system tweaks thow. i just use a ram manager. from nq

Guest dre90210

I don't think our 512mb ram can run those games perfectly. All we can do is reduce the lag to a minimum. I can run RR3 almost perfectly using tweaks

Guest pesartom

I use kernel auditor to tweak the values : dirty ratio =90, minfree kbytes =6630, Swappiness =80 - 100, vfs cache pressure =300. I use an Xposed module called Performance Profile to create profiles for my games also. I choose governor = Interactive (mostly) or Performance and 480 for min CPU and highest for Max 1008 or 1046 depending on the kernel/rom

Oh and I always flash SwapdragonX Neutral swap and PurePerformances X scripts 

I used these on fonz cm 10.1.

it became extremely laggy.   esp after i opened real racing 3, it woulnt respond. i had to use the home button.

Guest dre90210

So far I have played Nova 3, Deus Ex, MC4, COD Strike Team, RR3 (still playing because I use it to test performance of roms after tweaking and installed apps), NFSMW, WWZ, Wild Blood, Shadow Gun, more that I don't remember right now.

Guest dre90210

I don't run Jellybean anymore because I achieved good gaming performance on it already so now I only use kitkat for gaming because I noticed that certain kk roms are better at gaming. Still testing to see which runs best.

Guest pesartom

I don't run Jellybean anymore because I achieved good gaming performance on it already so now I only use kitkat for gaming because I noticed that certain kk roms are better at gaming. Still testing to see which runs best.

which kk was the best for you so far?

Ive only tested cm 11 from Dazzozo and slimkat for games.

what about jb?

aosp mod is overall the most stable for everything in the roms i tested, but rr3 runs much smoother on stock b209.

slimbean (25/4/15 version) suddenly became unstable.

my main concern is being able to play rr3 pretty decently.

Edited by pesartom

Guest dre90210

I haven't tested alot of stock based jb roms. Gamer rom v3 I think was ok enough but in the case of kk I would have to say AOSB 1.2.8.

Cyano S5 is best for me on jb 10.1.

Slimbean jb 10.1 was ok for a while until it started acting up for me as well.

The CM11 roms by Dazzozo aren't suitable for hard gaming for me.

I was once testing with Deus Ex which lagged insanely on every rom I flashed but when I flashed AOSB 1.2.8 and used the tweaks it was running without any lag

Guest pesartom

I just tested Cyano s5 only with the SnapdragonX Neutral swap tweak, rr3 runs MUCH more smoothly than the other ROMs i tested.

is AOSB better than this? i just found the 4.4.4 version.