[ROM][6.0.1][ALL] Resurrection Remix 5.7.1 [July/16/2016]

Guest knoelli

Guest D3mon3

I not have blackscreen after 3 days but battery life was really short max 8h (at ROM 4.2.2 ~2days) ROM is really good but camera not work, musicFX not work, music apk not work. I install ROM without gapps, try that meybe gapps do BS ;-) 

And i have lags on that ROM, standard filemanager need delete bec when use them, do lags on device. Total commander is better ;-) Launcher crash sometimes, so i change to Nova is better :-) 

Guest Samuele

May you add, when you create another version, also a .zip with the Gapps support? Some of us need them, and is a pity that there's no support here.

Guest dexterplanck

Resurrection Ring tones are wonderful :)

i dumped this tunes for using with every roms..

thanks to contributors

Edited by dexterplanck

Guest Alchess
On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 7:15 PM, srfarias said:

I can build TurboRom MM (aosp based) if they want.. anyway i need testers, my y300 is gone

Hi Srfarias, I would be happy to be a tester as well for the build you mentioned above. In view of the fact that other people on this forum would prefer a KK or JB build and the response has not been overwhelming for your offer of building a Turborom MM (asop based), I will leave the decision up to you to decide if you want to do it as a developer for this phone. Love the lollipop Resurrection remix rom you created for this phone as well as this MM resurrection Remix rom by Knoelli. Just goes to prove there is still life for this old phone yet. All the best for the Future

Guest knoelli

I just uploaded an important update to yesterdays test build for the Y300. Due to the change in heap memory allocation (no CMA) the camera seems to be stable now. However, heap memory is statically reserved and available system memory is reduced by the heap size. Therefore I drastically reduced (camera) heap (which still seems to be enough for stable functioning at 5MP resolution) and todays update has a lot more system RAM available again.

Right now I'm compiling for the G510 and G330 so updates should be available shortly.
Builds are now available for the G510 and G330 as well.

Regarding the GApps issues: I didn't try any of them as they really slow down our device. However, since ResurrectionRemix is based on CM13, you should be able to use any lightweight GApps that work for CM13 (but consider going for a "pico" or "nano" version...).

Edited by knoelli

Guest Mr Voland

The rom is just to laggy to use daily, i got blackscreen only from trying opening some apps.

Clash of clans is unplayable, game loads and everything is moving but doesn't react on touches.

But anyway thanks for the effort

Guest Nemesix2
1 hour ago, Mr Voland said:

The rom is just to laggy to use daily, i got blackscreen only from trying opening some apps.

Clash of clans is unplayable, game loads and everything is moving but doesn't react on touches.

But anyway thanks for the effort

Don't expect ANY game to run smooth on any 4.4+ ROM. Adreno's drivers for our phone's GPU is only available up to 4.2.2, so no hardware acceleration in Kitkat/Lollipop/M.

Guest Mr Voland
2 hours ago, Nemesix2 said:

Don't expect ANY game to run smooth on any 4.4+ ROM. Adreno's drivers for our phone's GPU is only available up to 4.2.2, so no hardware acceleration in Kitkat/Lollipop/M.

I know that

I wrote because, it runs, and everything is moving all animations, but game doesn't respond to touches.. You only can pull out battery, btw zram was active and 128 mb swap on cache part..

Guest knoelli

A new build of ResurrectionRemix 5.7.1 is now available for the Y300, builds for the G330 and G510 are compiling and will be added soon.

This will probably be the last version of the rom as I bought myself a new phone (Cubot Rainbow) and don't use my Y300 anymore. Therefore I won't be able to test the rom anymore in an everyday environment.

Edit: Build for G510 is now available.

Edited by knoelli

Guest jadee

Can someone recommend and SD card. I hate wasting money and so far when I was completely ignorant I bought a new Kingston that didn't work. Then I got a little smarter and bought a Scandisk Ultra, but that didn't work either. Then I thought I should get really smart and buy the very best one I can until I started wondering what if it's too advanced for my not too advanced y300 and I'm having a not too wonderful time googling find an answer.

So I figure someone (probably anyone) here knows more than I do and wouldn't mind saving me a whole lot more frustration. 

• 2 weeks later...

Good to see I got a response. Thank-you.

Since I already admitted to my ignorance on the subject I'll rephrase the question for a yes or no please.

If I purchase a 32 GB Sandisk Extreme Pro class 10 UHS 3, hoping to use as adopted internal storage on a Huawei Y300, will it work or just tell me again like the two cheaper ones before that it's not fast enough but I can use it for portable storage?

Guest knoelli

@jadeeAdoptable storage does not work on the Y300 no matter what brand/size/speed of SD Card you choose.

Most SD Cards up to 32GB should however work as external storage. If any of the cards you already purchased do indeed work as internal storage, you can use a modified kernel which will mount the SD card as primary storage. Note however that this mechanism is different to Android's "Adoptable storage".

hi

i am using 5.7.1 for y300

i really like this rom but camera is still the main problem.

also while a permistion popup appeared , i cant select "Allow" , just "Deny" can be selected??!!

is'nt any solution ?

9 hours ago, Farid said:

hi

i am using 5.7.1 for y300

i really like this rom but camera is still the main problem.

also while a permistion popup appeared , i cant select "Allow" , just "Deny" can be selected??!!

is'nt any solution ?

Maybe I've just been lucky with the camera. I think it was a camera app for Sony Xperia that I downloaded. Very small size in comparison to others from what I remember and I haven't had a problem.  

16 hours ago, knoelli said:

@jadeeAdoptable storage does not work on the Y300 no matter what brand/size/speed of SD Card you choose.

Most SD Cards up to 32GB should however work as external storage. If any of the cards you already purchased do indeed work as internal storage, you can use a modified kernel which will mount the SD card as primary storage. Note however that this mechanism is different to Android's "Adoptable storage".

Thanks immensely knoelli. I'm new at this game and was under the impression that it could use adoptable storage, but I just thought I needed a faster card. If nothing else I've almost become an expert on them while getting SanDisk ticked with me. Before I looked here again I got an answer from Huawei that said the same thing, so I guess it's time I accept something else I can't change. I can't have adoptable storage. Thanks again.

hi

finally i found this camera app and it is very stable with no crash :

http://files11.mob-core.com/uploads/files/459/3459/Camera-4.4.2.6.apk?s=y7N_fiiV1Y-CEWlf5ZGtXA&e=1471361341&lang=en&news_id=2925

---------------

the other problem is that when in standby , phone has incoming call, its so slow to came out from blank screen while ringing....

Edited by Farid

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
Guest adeii

Resurrection Remix updated to 5.7.4. @AFH and @MEGA.nz (Y300 build for the moment)

https://github.com/ResurrectionRemix/android_vendor_resurrection/blob/marshmallow/CHANGELOG.mkdn

- Snap a.k.a. Camera2 is not working --> replaced with Open Camera - works @ 5MPx, ROM is tested with Footaje Camera, also works @ 5MPx

- WiFi seems little unstable. BT works, but need to be turned on in specific way:

1) go to Settings, do NOT tap Bluetooth switch,

2)Tap on Bluetooth to enter BT settings,

3) Tap switch, from to OFF to ON, but freezes,

4) Tap back, to return to Settings and repeat 2) and 3) to turn on BT and scan devices!

- Root is inside Developer mode, as Root access (have to set to Apps and ADB) and Manage root accesses

- Security patch level - 1.may 2017.

- Settings > Configurations > Button controller > Volume devices have options Wake up device (volume rocker)

Edited by adeii
new build

• 3 weeks later...
Guest adeii

Suggestions:

- You don't need apps Camera2 (not works), Resurrection Statistics (send some info every 7 days somewhere) and Resurrection OTA (check for updates every 1/12/24h), and may be removed with Settings > Configurations > Miscellaneous > System App Remover.

- This build has signature spoofing enabled, so you may use microG framework (like this one as NanoMod mG 11 ) and enable all possible options in mG settings but Play Store has correct signature also enable signature spoofing permission for every google app that depends on G.P.Services is Settings > Apps > Advanced > App permissions > Spoof package signature. It works on G.P.Store and Youtube as well. No OpenGapps needed, as seen on screenshots.

Screenshot_20170731-192235.png.254340d008401f3f26d7cee3e9f93fcb.pngScreenshot_20170731-194030.png.9732bc0548b70a8bc0cd3fa4973ed083.pngScreenshot_20170731-192813.png.289667d16b47cea75fe9fe1fa482195c.pngScreenshot_20170801-173002.png.baa9140f55a64106cf043f444a4c9634.png

- This Dialer app can dismiss use of proximity sensor, so it NOT turn off screen on call and NO blackscreen after call. Go to Dialer > Settings > Calls > turn off Enable promixity sensor. Also it should have Call record option during call, on InCall screen.

Screenshot_20170731-103226.png.bb290baa35526ebc5fbf9ff86dda2405.png

- This ROM has usefull Doze service, in Settings > Configurations > Miscellaneous > Doze powersave. If it not enough, you can install Doze Service or ForceDoze or similar app.

Screenshot_20170731-104143.png.34e309ff32ddd2b162270ed6172b7531.png