Phantom clicks on 'Recent' and 'Back' button

Guest ruairi

Guest ruairi

I have a SU6 since Aug 2015, which I bought from Vodafone store.  It's been a great phone, but now I've got two issues:

First, about 2 months ago the screen stared to show grey dots around the edges.  You can see the dots now look like grime on the all four borders of the screen.

Second, over the weekend the Back and Recent buttons are randomly activating without my fingers being near the screen.  It's like I'm getting phantom clicks, sometimes it doesn't happen for 2-3 minutes then I get many clicks in a row.  Makes the phone unusable.  Also, the screen calibration is off, the keyboard doesn't respond to typing the letter A or 9 keys. 

I've tried a factory reset and tried flashing it to the default UK firmware.  But I still have the phantom clicks but nothing fixes the screen clicks and calibration.

I'm going to bring it to the Vodafone store, once I find the proof of purchase, but I'm dreading Vodafone customer support.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

20160814_184221.jpg

Guest deaglecat

Sorry ... another phone with the screen / digitiser delaminating problem.    

You have the same problem that I had and also ...by the sounds of it ..."Big Don Vespa".   See the other thread posted today also.    

Your picture looks like my phone was before I took it back to the store.     Still usable ... but noticeable/distracting in daylight.

Hi, i had exactly the same fault a couple of weeks ago and my phone was a similar age too, so it looks like a common fault. I took my phone to a vodafone store and they sent it off and i got a new phone back, free of charge. Really good service for a change !

Guest ruairi

Thanks @deaglecat and @dms22.  I will bring it back the store.  One question, when you returned it did you need the purchase receipt?  

I've lost my receipt :(   My only hope is to get a "proof of purchase" from Vodafone support web site.

CHEERS!