[DEV][ROM][20.10.] LineageOS 13 (Android 6.0.1) for Chuwi Vi10 Plus, Hi10 Plus, Hi10 Pro, Hibook, Hibook Pro & Hi12

Guest KonstaT

Guest PalmTrees
1 hour ago, KonstaT said:

You mean the Snap camera app (yes, it's based on CAF Snapdragon camera)? You can build it for x86 and it works just as any other camera app (there were few crashes when I tested it, though). It's just not the best camera app IMHO and I prefer the simple stock Android one. If you need more features, you can just install one of the third party camera apps from the Play Store.

That still doesn't answer why the stock camera app distorts the picture, whilst Play Store camera apps don't. 

Guest KonstaT
39 minutes ago, PalmTrees said:

That still doesn't answer why the stock camera app distorts the picture, whilst Play Store camera apps don't. 

I don't know. I haven't really even looked into the camera issue yet. If it works with third party camera apps, that's great!

Edited by KonstaT

Guest yener90
3 hours ago, PalmTrees said:

but second or third picture doesnt work anymore. My suspect is that camera driver of lollipop doesnt free ram after photo, therefore you have distorted pictures.

Only solution is kernel source. I believe you can ask for the sources at jide, if you have official running Remix OS for your tablet :)

Guest PalmTrees
1 hour ago, yener90 said:

but second or third picture doesnt work anymore. My suspect is that camera driver of lollipop doesnt free ram after photo, therefore you have distorted pictures.

Only solution is kernel source. I believe you can ask for the sources at jide, if you have official running Remix OS for your tablet :)

We're discussing Cyanogenmod 13 here. 

Guest risoterapia
On 17/12/2016 at 11:48 AM, KonstaT said:

Here's a patch for Hi10 Pro. Source built kernel with updates from the Hi10 Pro kernel source Jide just released. This will fix capacitive Windows/home button and touchscreen sensitivity. There's also some power management changes as Hi10 Pro has smaller capacity battery (8500mAh vs 6500mAh).

cm-13.0-20161209-chuwi_vi10plus-Hi10Pro.zip
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=529152257862689066
md5:586dd57507b7033cbd0a487dd75c826e

One hour more of screen with your new kernel on hi10 pro. Great job, @KonstaT

photo_2016-12-18_18-28-31.jpg

Guest tomshreds
On 12/17/2016 at 4:23 AM, KonstaT said:

And they've released it. Jide is pretty awesome! https://github.com/JideTechnology/remixos-kernel/tree/jide_chuwi_hi10pro_d_r51

I've prepared a patch for Hi10 Pro (there's some changes in touchscreen driver & power management). Any volunteers to test?

What a wonderful day! Just the day before I get my Hi10 Pro! I'll test your builds tomorrow with excitement!

Thanks for your efforts and for your hard work, you rock! This is great news :D

Guest TeutonJon78

Thanks for all the work, @KonstaT!!

I was looking at the Chinese Chuwi Forums, and they have an official ReMix OS 2.0 image for the HiBook Pro as well. Since you've been so successful at getting the kernel source from them, you might be able to get what you need for this model as well.

http://bbs.chuwi.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=12130&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D78

Also, would another source be to work with the mainline kernel like from Android-X86? People over there have gotten a lot of things working correctly for Cherry Trail (I think sound and battery things are a trouble). It might help to be on a mainline kernel for a lot of stuff, rather than these old 3.10/3.18 kernels that Android gets saddled with.

Guest PalmTrees

@KonstaTRegarding the Mi Pad 2. Apparently there's an AOSP rom available. It seems the Mi community is pleased with it, however, one user recently asked

1. how to get double tap unlock back ?
2. using VOD app (video on demand) apps close immediately after launch with error message "DRM widevine is missing"

In case you want to step in and help (I know, you don't own the device (me neither)) - knowing the DRM widevine support seems to be an easy fix (and was missing previously on your roms), the link is right here http://en.miui.com/thread-245050-19-1.html

Guest KonstaT
11 hours ago, TeutonJon78 said:

Thanks for all the work, @KonstaT!!

I was looking at the Chinese Chuwi Forums, and they have an official ReMix OS 2.0 image for the HiBook Pro as well. Since you've been so successful at getting the kernel source from them, you might be able to get what you need for this model as well.

http://bbs.chuwi.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=12130&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D78

Also, would another source be to work with the mainline kernel like from Android-X86? People over there have gotten a lot of things working correctly for Cherry Trail (I think sound and battery things are a trouble). It might help to be on a mainline kernel for a lot of stuff, rather than these old 3.10/3.18 kernels that Android gets saddled with.

Or someone who actually has that device can step up. I can't even access that Chinese forum yet download that firmware. Same goes for building and testing that kernel - I can't do that without having a device myself.

Kernel in CM13 is based on Intel reference for these devices. It's specifically designed for Cherry Trail SOC and running Android Marshmallow. Mainline kernel is neither of those things. Android-x86 is a completely different animal and it targets completely different type of devices (sure the architechture is the same but that's about it). We're using proprietary binary drivers for various hardware - Android-x86 uses e.g. MESA as display driver. Those binary drivers need to match kernel space drivers and that's why all Android devices are usually 'stuck' with the Linux kernel version chipset manufacturer's BSP targets.

Having kernel source can be very useful for mainline Linux porting if you're planning to run some 'real' Linux distribution. There's still likely going to be a lot of hacking to make some of those hardware drivers working on newer Linux versions.

8 hours ago, PalmTrees said:

@KonstaTRegarding the Mi Pad 2. Apparently there's an AOSP rom available. It seems the Mi community is pleased with it, however, one user recently asked

In case you want to step in and help (I know, you don't own the device (me neither)) - knowing the DRM widevine support seems to be an easy fix (and was missing previously on your roms), the link is right here http://en.miui.com/thread-245050-19-1.html

Widevine is/was missing from Chuwi stock ROMs - not from my CM builds. ;)

I'm not going to butt in on other people's work and spoil all the fun for them. :P I usually answer if someone asks help on some specific technical issue. I could probably fix audio in those CM12.1/CM13 winzip ports in ten minutes, too. I've already told three of those guys exactly where to look and yet they still think it has something to with kernel (because audio doesn't work with stock kernel in stock ROM either, right?).

Edited by KonstaT

Guest PalmTrees
2 hours ago, KonstaT said:

Widevine is/was missing from Chuwi stock ROMs - not from my CM builds. ;)

I'm not going to butt in on other people's work and spoil all the fun for them. :P I usually answer if someone asks help on some specific technical issue. I could probably fix audio in those CM12.1/CM13 winzip ports in ten minutes, too. I've already told three of those guys exactly where to look and yet they still think it has something to with kernel (because audio doesn't work with stock kernel in stock ROM either, right?).

My bad, sorry, I'm still learning :) Guess it's up to them then to get it working - unless someone donates a device to you.

Just purchased the ZTE Nubia Z7 Max (bargain buy) - we're really "brand brothers" once that arrives.

Guest benkores
16 hours ago, KonstaT said:

Or someone who actually has that device can step up. I can't even access that Chinese forum yet download that firmware. Same goes for building and testing that kernel - I can't do that without having a device myself.

Here you go for the firmware: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2VBJePGznYjVW5OSEdZMmtIeTA/view?usp=sharing

Please tell me you have a use for this as I have spent the last 2 hours signing up for a Chuwi and Baidu Pan account and then getting it to work as I had to install their network client since the file was too big and everything was in Chinese.

And I don't have the device yet but I would love to see continued support for it so I will help in any way I can. 

And as for the Chuwi Hi12 you can download the Remix OS here: http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-1160-1-1.html

Edited by benkores
Added link for Chuwi Hi12

Guest zltnngy
On 2016. 12. 18. at 8:45 AM, KonstaT said:

Very nice! I'm assuming you got all hardware working?

How about ifdef'ing the Hibook specific stuff and pushing to https://github.com/CM-CHT/android_kernel_intel_cherrytrail?

Everything is working that I could test (I have no attachable keyboard or hdmi cable). Touchscreen accuracy near the edges could be fine tuned a bit, but it is usable for sure. The touch firmware is bit off on Hibook so some serious correction is needed in software. CM12.1 is working too on Hibook.

Yes I will prepare ifdefd patches, just needs to get some spare time.

Guest benkores
26 minutes ago, zltnngy said:

Everything is working that I could test (I have no attachable keyboard or hdmi cable). Touchscreen accuracy near the edges could be fine tuned a bit, but it is usable for sure. The touch firmware is bit off on Hibook so some serious correction is needed in software. CM12.1 is working too on Hibook.

Does this mean there's a chance you'll support the HiBook Pro again @KonstaT?

Guest KonstaT
8 hours ago, benkores said:

Here you go for the firmware: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2VBJePGznYjVW5OSEdZMmtIeTA/view?usp=sharing

Please tell me you have a use for this as I have spent the last 2 hours signing up for a Chuwi and Baidu Pan account and then getting it to work as I had to install their network client since the file was too big and everything was in Chinese.

And I don't have the device yet but I would love to see continued support for it so I will help in any way I can. 

And as for the Chuwi Hi12 you can download the Remix OS here: http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-1160-1-1.html

Ok, I've dowloaded Remix OS firmwares and I can write an email to Jide. That's all I can for now.

8 hours ago, zltnngy said:

Cool. Good job on the kernel!

I can maybe do that myself, too. I still need you to test it of course and there's couple of small details we can discuss. Looks like there's not much more to it than with Hi10 Pro (touchscreen & power).

7 hours ago, benkores said:

Does this mean there's a chance you'll support the HiBook Pro again @KonstaT?

Hibook != Hibook Pro.

Guest slavov82

Hello all, just flashed this rom yesterday on my Hi10 Pro and everything seems to work perfectly. Touch sensitivity is great and the capacitive button also works. Can someone help me to find out how to change the android partition to take all (or most) of the space on the tablet's internal memory. I don't plan on using windows on it any more. Thanks for the great work! 

Guest slavov82
41 minutes ago, slavov82 said:

Hello all, just flashed this rom yesterday on my Hi10 Pro and everything seems to work perfectly. Touch sensitivity is great and the capacitive button also works. Can someone help me to find out how to change the android partition to take all (or most) of the space on the tablet's internal memory. I don't plan on using windows on it any more. Thanks for the great work! 

I did some more reading and I think I'm on the right track now. I have two different gpt.bin files that I have flashed before and know they work. First one is the original from Remix OS that leaves 13GB for Android, the other one is modified and leaves 20GB for android data. Opened and compared them with a HEX editor, there is difference in just one value which is 34 hex (52 dec) for the 13GB version and 50 hex (80 dec) for the 20GB version. All this makes me think that value increments the android data partition with a 256MB steps. This is also consistent with some other gpt.bin files that I found for Cube iWork 8 Air.

Does this make any sense and how safe do you think it is to try it? 

Guest PalmTrees
26 minutes ago, slavov82 said:

I did some more reading and I think I'm on the right track now. I have two different gpt.bin files that I have flashed before and know they work. First one is the original from Remix OS that leaves 13GB for Android, the other one is modified and leaves 20GB for android data. Opened and compared them with a HEX editor, there is difference in just one value which is 34 hex (52 dec) for the 13GB version and 50 hex (80 dec) for the 20GB version. All this makes me think that value increments the android data partition with a 256MB steps. This is also consistent with some other gpt.bin files that I found for Cube iWork 8 Air.

Here's the solution ;) Should be applicable to your device as well http://techtablets.com/forum/topic/cube-iwokr8-air-android-os-only-solution/

Guest PalmTrees
14 minutes ago, Fjm94 said:

Hi  @KonstaT

If I flash this rom, it'll conserve the dual os boot, or it'll boot directly to this rom?

Thanks for the work you're doing!  

Dual OS boot is kept. This only applies to the Android partition ;) 

Guest PalmTrees
29 minutes ago, slavov82 said:

It says "This solution will work on any 32 GB tablet. the trick is the gpt.bin file." but the Chuwi Hi10 Pro is 64GB.

Then examine the gpt.bin file for the 32GB partition and figure out how to apply it to a 64GB partition ;) 

Or test that gpt.bin file on your 64GB partition and see if it works. 

Edited by PalmTrees

Guest KonstaT
1 hour ago, slavov82 said:

Yes, you're very much on the right track. I've written myself this wonderful note. Hope this makes sense to you.

partition	gpt		bytesize	= bytes			= hex
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
bootloader	64 00 00 00	102400		100x1x1024		64x1x400
bootloader2	64 00 00 00	102400		100x1x1024		64x1x400
boot		1E 00 00 00	30720		30x1x1024		1Ex1x400
recovery	1E 00 00 00	30720		30x1x1024		1Ex1x400
misc		01 00 00 00	1024		1x1x1024		1x1x400
metadata	10 00 00 00	16384		16x1x1024		10x1x400
system		00 0A 00 00	2621440		0x1x1024+10x256x1024	0x1x400+0Ax100x400
cache		DC 05 00 00	1536000		220x1x1024+5x256x1024	DCx1x400+5x100x400
data		00 20 00 00	8388608		0x1x1024+32x256x1024	0x1x400+20x100x400
persistent	01 00 00 00	1024		1x1x1024		1x1x400
config		08 00 00 00	8192		8x1x1024		8x1x400

Putting 'FF FF FF FF' for data partition will allocate all the remaining space and leaves no space for Windows installer to create Windows partitions.

Edited by KonstaT