Copy Bootloader without using USBTerm

Guest elr

to those who are in the rockwell area, i'm willing to copy the .93 bootloader to your phone since it's still in my mmc..to those who are in the rockwell area, i'm willing to copy the .93 bootloader to your phone since it's still in my mmc..

Guest mlkanapi
I am assuming that the simlock feature is built into the bootloader and not into the ROM itself.  Anybody can confirm this?

I'll be able to play around with another friend's phone tomorrow evening.

Just what is it you want to try? The phone is unlocked with 1.37 ROM. It may even come with an empty 128 MMC card.

Do I change bootloader to 0.93 then update to ROM 1.5 of Smart and see if it is still unlocked?

Maybe that's the reason I read about a few units that remain unlocked even if the ROM has been updated to 1.5... :roll:

hi pls help what is a card reader/writer? i want to copy the http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=2628>0.98 bootloader to my mmc card but dont know what is a card reader/writer? thanks

It's like an external floppy disk drive except that it's used for reading/writing media cards like SD, MMC, Memory stick, etc... there are types which can read multiple media cards and some for specific media type only. most media R/W available now connects to your USB port.

Here is how it looks like....

fcru2mmcsd.jpg

@mlkanapi,

cool! ;) Since the phone is already unlocked, can you try upgrading the unit to SMART 1.50.28 ROM first, then downgrade the bootloader to 0.93? Then check if the phone is still unlocked or if you can run the spvunlock.exe util successfully.

hope to hear from you soon! thanks!

hi pls help what is a card reader/writer? i want to copy the http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=2628>0.98 bootloader to my mmc card but dont know what is a card reader/writer? thanks

here also another example of a card reader... pero to pang SD at MMC lang. :? before may kasama tong 32mb na SD card pero ngayon wala na. sayang nga e, around 1500 lang dati yun(reader and 32mb SD card). now Php 850 yung reader lang. ;)

here are some pictures:

gogo egg2.jpg

gogo egg1.jpg

Guest mlkanapi
@mlkanapi,

cool! ;)  Since the phone is already unlocked, can you try upgrading the unit to SMART 1.50.28 ROM first, then downgrade the bootloader to http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=2628>0.93?  Then check if the phone is still unlocked or if you can run the spvunlock.exe util successfully.

hope to hear from you soon!  thanks!

@ grifter

I left the SD with the 0.93 bootloader in my office. I was looking where I might be able to get a 0.93 whx file to try to load into my friend's 128 Mb card. Yes I have the phone right now. I was able to downgrade the bootloader to 0.93 before I left my office but when I got home, I upgraded to Smart 1.5 ROM and it's locked again.

I'll see if I can delay the returning of this phone for a few days to try out your suggestion.

meron na bang nagpa-unlock sa greenhills? I am just asking whether they are reliable. They charge 1,500 ok lang yun if it is reliable.

mahal naman! :shock: try to do a search about unlocking and you'll be able to do it yourself! sayang naman ang 1500 mo. pambili na din ng spare SD card yun noh! :wink:

@ grifter

I left the SD with the http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=2628>0.93 bootloader in my office. I was looking where I might be able to get a http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=2628>0.93 whx file to try to load into my friend's 128 Mb card. Yes I have the phone right now. I was able to downgrade the bootloader to http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=2628>0.93 before I left my office but when I got home, I upgraded to Smart 1.5 ROM and it's locked again.

I'll see if I can delay the returning of this phone for a few days to try out your suggestion.

Cool! ;) We'll also try it later since my GF's SAP is already on SMART 1.5

Guest mlkanapi

@grifter,

I had to return the phone as I will not have time to work on it for the next few days. I made a rain check and will have the phone with me again next week.

The thing is my friend seems happy with the Smart 1.5 update... :?

Guest mlkanapi

grifter,

It looks like you all had a great time. I guess the only difference between the 0.93 and the 0.98 and 0.99 bootloaders that you played around with is the presence of other options other than ERASE IPSM.

I might try to change my Smart 1.37 to I-mate and see if it's better. Basta unlocked and may T9...

baculao,

You're welcome. Did you see all the dfiferent ROMS that I compiled there?

There are more programs if you want...

Regards to all,

mlkanapi

sayang, i missed the EB. I'm dying to have my phone upgraded, i'm thinking of buying a card reader and experiment on making a bootloader. worth it kaya? otherwise, would there be someone near qc (sm north edsa) who could load the bootloader to my phone (hehehe. baka sakali lang naman -- sagot ko 1 kape sa starbucks?)? ;)

Guest dinoalbert
could anybody helpme to find smart 1.3.7.8 rom version. ito na lang ang kulang ko para mapagpractisan ko na yung phone ko na i unlocked

welcome to Modaco. Have you tried the SEARCH ? Make it a habit to use the Search ;)

anyway, the link for that ROM can be found in this thread itself...i think its somewhere in the middle, somewhere between pages 4 - 9 yata :wink:

@brigoli

coffee? how about a bottle of beer? hehehe! i'll be glad to.

hehehe! damihan mo na! sama na kaming lahat! ;)

@brigoli,

sama na kami lahat! eb na lang ulit! :D