Copy Bootloader without using USBTerm

Guest elr

Hello ppl,

Is there a way to copy the bootloader without using USBTerm or using a pc? I have a friend who owns Smartphone with 0.98 bootloader and im going to copy it anytime soon.

Please help. Thanks.

Thanks SPV, but i dont want to bring my laptop anymore when im going to meet my friend... i've read from this forum that you can copy the bootloader from SD to phone directly.... so there must be a way to copy it from phone to SD without a pc..

Guest mar9118

elr:

Where are you located? we can meet each other and I can let you use my SD card with 0.98 bootloader, it will take only a few seconds to load the bootloader to your phone :)

Yes there is. You need another piece of hardware called a card reader. Let's you transfer winhex image file from PC to sdcard.

card reader? hmm... is there another way without using any other devices except your smartphone and SD card? yun bang tipong may pipindotin lang while entering the canary screen mode tapos may lalabas na options sa screen gaya sa usbterm. :)

Guest dinoalbert

@mar

elr wrote:  

mar9118 wrote:  

elr:  

Where are you located? we can meet each other and I can let you use my SD card with 0.98 bootloader, it will take only a few seconds to load the bootloader to your phone  

Makati... near greenbelt.  

I will be in that area this weekend - Friday or Saturday, PM me your mobile number if you want to meet.

sana mabasa mo to...can I join you guys in Greenbelt? Pwede ba ngayon (Friday)...mamaya mga lunchtime or after lunch? I also need to copy your bootloader 0.98. I want to sim-unlock my phone now (after 5 months being locked :) ) but I cant seem to get through using the USBterm on my Windows98 OS.

please confirm nyo kung pwede mamaya sa greenbelt...thanks!

@spv_dman

Yes there is. You need another piece of hardware called a card reader. Let's you transfer winhex image file from PC to sdcard.

How do I use this Winhex program? Do I really need a card reader? Hindi ba pwedeng derecho from PC to the SD card in my phone? Can you please post the procedure in using Winhex?

thanks...

@dinoalbert

Sorry, by saturday pa yata dito sa makati si mar. but probably by next week, my Sis and I will able to meet in greenbelt. She has the 0.99 bootloader. I'll just inform you later kung kelan and if you're still interested.

Guest mar9118

Dino:

Yes you need a SD/MMC - card reader/writer to write the bootloader to your SD/MMC card, WinHEX is a program that let you read/copy/edit/write HEX files :idea:

Guest mar9118

erl:

you don't need to change bootloader to do that, just downgrade to SAP 1.3.7.8 ROM then you can apply Qtek ROM 1.50.9.1 and only if you have upgraded to SAP 1.5.0.28 ROM if you already have something lower just run Qtek Update in the canary screen and it should work :)

Guest spv_dman
Mar:

Gusto ko lang i-install yug Qtek update. pwede naman yung 0.99 di ba?

Puwede mo nang ituloy yung upgrade kung may bootloader 0.99 ka. Only the 1.04 bootloader of smart rom 1.50.28 prevents any unofficial upgrades / downgrades.

To sim unlock your phone, you may want to consider downgrading the ROM to Orange UK 1.3.5. This will downgrade the bootloader to 0.98. By then you can run the sim unlock software. However, it might erase your IPSM too.

i already tried downgrading to 1.3 from 1.5 but always got an error... kaya i think i need to downgrade my bootloader first before i can downgrade to 1.3 then apply the qtek update.

I always apply upgrades on canary screen. mine has a 1.04 bootloader kaya kelangan ko munang i downgrade yung bootloader ko to 0.99 or 0.98 to apply the qtek update.

Guest mar9118

elr:

normally you don't need to change or downgrade your bootloader if you downgrade to SAP 1.3.7.8 ROM from SAP 1.5.0.28 ROM with 1.04 bootloader but I will gladly help you with the 0.98 bootloader :)

Guest dinoalbert
Also if you still have the 1.5 ROM and 1.04 bootloader of Smart you may not be able to downgrade your bootloader to 0.98

Is this rule applicable also to Smart rom 1.6 with bootloader 1.06? A friend of mine got a "test only" unit with such version and he wants to unlock his phone and change to Qtek rom.

Or can he just directly downgrade to Orange Rom or even Qtek Rom and then saka mag-downgrade ng bootloader 0.98 saka mag-unlock?

thanks.