Verizon I600 HomeScreen Customisation

Guest danmo

I have been searching and searching and trying to write xml code for days. I am trying to modify Verizon's Full View layout homescreen. I have taken the xml file and modified it. I have put in the date and time field and changed some shortcuts. I have 3 questions:

1 Does anyone know how to get rid of the Verizon Wirelss banner

and 2, I have amended the shortcuts, but can't get the second set to wrap. Do i need to start a new plugin, and

3 How do find the clsid of a partivular plugin

I have enclosed my xml script....Thanks in advance

I guess the attachment didn't work, here is the xml file..

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

Dan

http://www..com/

DAN3

DAN3

DAN3

DAN3

DAN3

DAN3

DAN3

SMS() E-mail() V-mail()

SMS() Email() V-mail()

SMS() Email() V-mail()

SMS() E-Mails() V-mail()

SMS() E-mail() V-mail()

SMS() Correio() V-mail()

SMS() Correo() V-mail()

SMS() E-mail() V-mail()

SMS() E-mail() V-mail()

Call in progress:

Call in progress:

Appel en cours:

Anruf in Ausführung:

Chiamata in corso:

Chamada em curso:

Llamada en curso:

진행 중인 전화:

正在呼叫:

Missed calls:

Missed calls:

Appels manqués:

Verpasste Anrufe:

Chiamate perse:

Chamadas perdidas:

Llamadas perdidas:

Profile:

Profile:

Profil:

Profil:

Profilo:

Perfil:

Perfil:

You can get rid of the Verizon wireless banner by removing the ERI plugin. As far as finding the clsid for particular plugins, I know of no list, you just have to keep checking the forums for new plugins; and downloading and examining other's home screen layout for things you might want to incorporate into yours.

You might want to check out RemyJ's shortcut plugin. Do a search for it, I'm sure it's posted here. I modified my VZW Full Layout by replacing the MRU with RemyJ's shortcut plugin at the top and then stripped out all the things I didn't need, like the ERI banner, the news and data shortcuts, etc.

Nevermine, i got it to work.

Also, I looked at rjshorcuts and copied the shortcut plugin. How do I change the icon with "icon index"? I have modified all the shortcut to my liking and want to use the corresponding icons, not the ones he has.

Nevermine, i got it to work.

Also, I looked at rjshorcuts and copied the shortcut http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>plugin.  How do I change the icon with "icon index"?  I have modified all the shortcut to my liking and want to use the corresponding icons, not the ones he has.

You'll need to know the dll or exe file that has the icon you want and its index in the file. Simply change the iconfile and iconindex parameters to match. If the icon is in the same file named by target attribute, you can just specify the index. Set the iconindex to 0 or leave the attribute out altogether if you want the default icon from that file (if it has one).