C500 Games Compatability List

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Vector
I'm having problems with Pocket MiniGolf, it seems to be crashing while selecting player.

Is it the C500 or do I have an out of date copy of Pocket MiniGolf?

Thanks in advance

I had that problem with it on E200, it was because i had an older version, just send em an email and they will send you an updated version, my version works nicely on C500 :)

Guest markhammill

Thanks for that I'll send them an e-mail.

Is any one finding games just crashing half way through even though they appear to work perfectly?

I just wanted to cheque it is the GAPI and not just my phone.

I have had success using ExBubble, Bounty Hunter and Bust'em but then they have hung at various stages. None of the buttons have worked and I have had to remove the battery.

Bust'em by the way works quite well with the rollery joypad whatsit.

In my opinion better then with the E200 joystick although it still isn't as fun as on a Pocket PC.

Guest The PocketTV Team

I think you can add PocketTV to the list.

Even though it is not a game (it's an MPEG movie player), it uses GAPI, and from what we heard, it works on the C500.

Thanks!

Guest markhammill

The problem I'm having with games crashing seems to be related to the emproved power management.

When some games are running it locks up if I leave the phone long enough for the backlight to step down.

Guest The PocketTV Team
The problem I'm having with games crashing seems to be related to the emproved power management.

When some games are running it locks up if I leave the phone long enough for the backlight to step down.

Maybe they did like with the Samsung i600.

i.e. after the timeout, the device does in suspended mode, i.e. all applications stop, just like on the Pocket PC when you power-off.

In the suspended mode, battery use is greatly reduced. The i600 Smartphone goes in this mode when you flip it closed, unless there is a plug in the earphone jack (so that allows you to listen to music when the phone is closed).

I wonder if the C500 does something similar...

Guest markhammill

Sounds like a similar problem. Having the headphone jack it dosen't seem to solve the problem though. Which is a shame.

Pressing a button will turn the backlight back on but it is as if the focus has gone to a background app. You so none of the buttons work.

Guest The PocketTV Team
Invasion works fine, if a little fast.  A bit more of a challenge ;-) Posted from my c500!

I hope HTC did not implement again a bogus QueryPerformanceCounter, like they did in the first SPV!

Guest pierre
Invasion works fine, if a little fast.  A bit more of a challenge ;-) Posted from my c500!

Interesting! I'll try it after I get my unit on 15th of Sep.

May be due to the scrolly thing, but it did seem harder than I remembered, but it has been a while since I played it on my SPV

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Just ran it side by side whth my old SPV, they run at the same speed, just faster than I remembered.

SmartVCS wont update the screen when a game is loaded though :)

Just ran it side by side whth my old SPV, they run at the same speed, just faster than I remembered.

Guest pierre

SmartVCS wont update the screen when a game is loaded though :P  

Still, your C 500 runs now so fast that your post came thrice :)

Guest st3ph3n

Has anyone tried Pocket Scumm?

I've been trying to get Sam and Max working, but it crashes almost straight away. Is this a GAPI error, or is the phone just now good enough to run it?

I'm having the exact same problem with a lot of games (that and not being able to do 2 key presses at once) - the backlight goes and the screen freezes. Although the game does still seem to be running in the background.

Using PocketScumm I can resurrect the process by hitting the camera button and then the back button, although I'm left with half a picture on the screen, which is slowly cleared off by the pointer as I move it around. Obviously this leaves the camera running in the background too.

I wondered whether xBar2 might allow you to switch back to the game. http://xetranet.free.fr/xbar2

Guest markhammill

I can get out of most games when they lock up with the camera button as well.

You should be able to switch tasks with the task manager.

I didn't think Xbar worked very well with the C500 so I uninstalled it. I kept pressing the action button for too long when selecting things so it kept coming up when I didn't need it.

Guest squall

I just noticed a rather disturbing bug on pocket mini golf.

I left the keys for a few seconds, when the backlight faids the game freezes, i had toexit the game using home button for it to unfreeze