C500 with Mapopolis

Guest rikwebb

Guest chucky.egg

Yeah, I have all the County maps (130Mb) and the Full UK map (5Mb) and the 4 Quadrant maps (10Mb total), plus Portugal and so on... 160Mb easily just with maps!

When I'm going anywhere with mapoplis, I simply load the county where I'm starting (usually West Sussex as I live there), the county I'm going to (usually somewhere in Wales or Cornwall) and the major road map. Only three maps to load. Then get it to navigate and off it goes, quite happily and works out a route for me. That makes sense as why would you want it to route through a bunch of minor roads on a long trip? If you have a place to stop off along the way, load that county up too and add it in as a routing destination.

Mapopolis is a cracking application!

Blakey

Did you pay the $125 for the Western Europe Navigator Map Pack?

Are the full version maps you download locked somehow to the phone, or could I share the cost with a friend? :)

Guest chucky.egg

Yeah I bought the Western Europe maps

AFAIK there's no locking involved (the app is effectively freeware, and the maps are just in a ZIP file)

I know $125 is a lot, I did have to think about it first, but it is worth it to me

If you don't want to spend that much I have a licence for Pocket Streets that I no longer use, which you can have (I think that's all legal and everything - somebody tell me if it's not)

• 4 months later...
Guest Sotian

Are the Mapopolis demo maps cut downs/older maps just to demo the system? It seems where I live, and where my girlfriend lives which have both been around for 20 years are not on the maps.

Both appeared in TomTom I use on my PDA, but want to migrate to the phone to save stuff to carry around.

As I have a GPS reciever, I am loathed to buy TomTom Mobile (especially since I have already paid for the maps for the PDA!!!)

Thanks

Jon

Edited by Sotian

Guest Dr_StrangeTrick

Hi Sotian, the demo maps are the same as same as the 'real' maps except that they are time limited.

Any roads that do not appear on your maps you need to report to Mapopolis as they are getting ready to finish the next release.