Help formatting an MMC card after using it for bootloader

Guest jelicano

Guest jelicano

Help ...

I used my spare MMC card to copy the original bootloader to unlock my phone before. I kept this card to unlock some of my friends phones. Now it seems that I don't need it anymore and just want to use it as a memory card.

When I try to insert on a my SAP it asks me if I want to format it, after answering yes, it proceeds to formatting but an error 1400 appears. If I try to format using my laptops card reader, the moment I insert the card, I get the blue screen and crash memory dump.

Does anyone know how to reformat this card so it can be used the way it should be again??

thanks

Guest jelicano

SPV_dman

after trying to format the card the firs time it is inserted , the syten asks if you want it formatted so the system can access it, if you answer yes, it tries to format it but will return with an error code 1400

after this the card can't be accessed through explorer nor task manager.

Guest spv_dman
SPV_dman

after trying to format the card the firs time it is inserted , the syten asks if you want it formatted so the system can access it, if you answer yes, it tries to format it but will return with an error code 1400

after this the card can't be accessed through explorer nor http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=7065>Task Manager.

What if you answer "No" in the systems prompt whether to format it or not? Will it proceed?

Guest spv_dman
If I answer no, it proceeds to the normal screen and useability of the phone, but still no access to the MMC card...

Check that after answering no, you can format it via sp task manager.

Guest awarner [MVP]

If you have a card reader try formatting on the PC instead.

I've used cmd the command prompt in XP when I hav had cards that I've corrupted inc SD and Micrdrives.

(It's a long story with transfering files on my PPC :oops: )

i was just about to suggest what dinoalbert did.pocket mechanic is such a nifty tool for formatting SD/MMCs.if you're within makati, dino or i can give it a shot.

Guest jelicano

Thanks for all the suggestions, I've tried using a PC Card reader, the moment I insert the card it crashes my WinXP. I'll try it with Win2000 and try to find someone with pocket PC.

I'm thinking it might be a defective card already, but it still works as a bootloader. So if anyone needs it....

Jom

Try using a digital camera, i always use my kodak digital camera to format my sd or mmc, and i think it formats better than task manager. coz with task manager i always experience the bug wherein the card is not found when you reboot your phone and you have to remove and reinsert the card for it to be accesed by task manager. but if i use my digital camera to format it, i dont experiece the bug.