Camera Noise

Guest martinmacca

Guest spacemonkey

As an extension to liesure clubs... I read an article in the paper about businesses considering banning 3G phones because you could use their picture taking facilities as a method of sexually harassing your colleagues.

While I think these devices can be abused in some of these situations, I think a total ban is excessive. The activity (harassment, upskirt photos, pictures of kids) are illegal allready, banning a method won't solve that, and on top of that, there are many people who would use a phone at work or the gym who won't misuse it.

The real thing at the moment is that while there are a small number of 3G devices in the market a ban sounds easy, but this technology is pervasive, in a couple of years every phone will be 3G so banning them will become ludicrous. Also they miss the fact that most of the camera phones in circulation now are not 3G.

It's all nuts, and besides which, night clubs banning them? My mates take digital cameras to night clubs and the birds LOVE it.

Guest fraser

Jeez, this thread is back now?

The whole "illicit" photos of kids in the street is bullshit, if you pardon mon francais. There are thousands of photos of children in catalogues, magazines etc, why go to the hassle of trying to get your own when you just need a Kays subscription and the kids clothes section?

It's fair enough banning in changing rooms, but that goes without saying because you wouldn't be allowed a normal camera in there!

BTW, the whole thing is completely blown out of proportion by the media. This s*** sells newspapers, it's a simple as that. So, while child abuse has decreased streadilly over the past 50 years, reporting is increasing. Parents panic, wrap their kids in cotton wool blah blah blah. But paedo is apparently alright when the kids can sing, e.g. Sugarbabes, Tatu. Hypocritical tossers if you ask me, 'cos it's the same media that love them as well. Remember the girl with the very large breasts that was in the Sun a fews years back? The Sun had some "countdown to legalty", with sexy photos that couldn't show anything until she was 16. Meanwhile in the same issues there were paedo stories. Pathetic.

As for the Japanese, well with their schoolgirl panties fetishes and short skirts, it's understanable why you might want the camera to make a noise! The girls might object to not getting paid for it!! :wink: (it's a very different culture, "compensated dating" isn't frowned upon as it is here, in fact it used to be very common, less so now however)

Is this unique to mobiles? There are lot's of tiny cameras on sale these days; do they all make a sound?

Finally, banning them in clubs. Have you ever tried to use a camera without a flash in a dark nightclub? It don't work.

Guest JabbaTheSlut
WRT Japan, maybe it's not that daft. Can't speak for Japan, but whilst I was in Vietnam on a charity cycle tour we were told that Vietnamese people don't like their photos being taken, as they believe they lose a little of their soul with every photo.

its called the evil eye, and across the east they believe strongly in this, they have a very different culture to ourselves. it may not seem rational to us, but in my opinion we should respect this, sorry to go off topic but its some peoples beleift, perhaps we should respect this

NB Not pointed at you DancingMatt, just generally people in the West are very close minded, maybe we should wake up a little to this

LOL!

Well put fraser! :)

Very true Jabba!

Having said that (and going off topic as we do sometimes) western people are not alowed to dress 'revealingly' (ie skirt/shorts) in some countries, whereas if you come to london, you can do whatever. Still, openmindedness is the key!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Coucou
BTW, the whole thing is completely blown out of proportion by the media.
Yes it is completely blown out of proportion by the media, in the same way that most murders are committed by close friends/relatives, most child abuse is committed by siblings - under the age of 8! Defining child abuse as sexual contact that causes some mental trauma/messes up sexuality. It's more disturbing when done by adults but comparatively rare.

As for the Japanese, well with their schoolgirl panties fetishes and short skirts, it's understanable why you might want the camera to make a noise! The girls might object to not getting paid for it!! 

As for the japanese you have to realise that they go to school till the age of 20 and still wear school uniform all that time. I quite like the idea of... :oops: well anyway, it's not necessarily paedophilia. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SiDHEaD
Heard on the news the other day that a lot of leisure center etc are baning use of phones in changing rooms since f****d up kiddie fiddlers are going in and taking photos of kids.  Another good reason for the noise to be played.

Kiddie fiddlers are not on and yes the sound is useful to counteract!!! but the original post showed a certain air of requirement for a silent one hehe :)

Guest mores

yes, but once you hear the sound, the picture is already taken!!!

they should make a sound like big trucks driving backwards.

*warning ... person with cameraphone approaching*

:)