Real World....

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest alexknight

I'm 21 - spent 2 years after 6th form workin for a health sector software company in leeds (worked on the installation and project managment side of things) learnt a lot about secure networks for the NHS and other networking crap.

Recently gone back to University to study Business Computing and am loving it to bits. Got the SPV mainly cos it looked fairly swish and would allow me to listen to Mp3's and browse the web in lectures both of which it does with great style!! It even allows me t use some of my new skills from my course to design homescreens and other things.

How did i ever get by with one of those awful nokia things for so long - i have to say my SPv has had very few of the problems listed on here (touch wood) and those i have had i can live with even if orange don't sort it out with updates.

Microsoft didn't make phone, but if they did they would probably be the best phones in the world!!!

Alex

Guest Trancemaster
Like everyone else in this forum, i'm a 20 something male who works in the IT industry (consultant, telephony, new media, networks, unix etc)

and like every other 20 something male in the IT industry, i got my SPV so i could watch pr0n on the train  :wink:

That's me down to a "T" 23 and work as an IT Technician for EDS providing support to Rolls Royce/HMPS/DWP/GM etc.

Next time you are in a garden centre, or large diy store, or macro, look at the blue pallets everywhere. I work in maintenance, mechanical and electrical, in one of the factories in the UK who make them.

Kevlar

Guest janagan

Me is studying to kick Bill Gates out of his place, watchout guys & gals this brotha's gona take over the software industry in about....erm 3...4..maybe in 5years time.

Yesssss I am studying Software Engineering (2nd year)

Guest Shire29

Hi, what the hell, I got so much outa this forum thought I'd post here an all.

Nicknames Shire, real name Blair (that's my first name) from Bristol in the UK.

Work at Rolls-Royce (Aero Engine makers not the Cars) as an IT Analyst. Don't do anything IT Technical though I deal with the interface with our IT Provider EDS.

Also have a part time job working for a Mobile Phone shop, a few hours a week (it's expensive bringing up a family). 2 boys 9 and 12.

Build my own PCs at home (kids have one each), used to play and coach American Football, now partake in sedentary sports, PC gaming (Quake 3A), oh and now customising my SPV.

Cheers, Shire

So just how many people are there that own an SPV and aren't linked to IT and the Web on some way or another..? I'm a Business Analyst for the UK's largest web-based mortgage and credit card broker. Kinda half-techie, half-normal... :wink:

Well im not an IT consultant, im a flying instructor, but i own two IT companies, one that deals with New Media, but mainly TV advertising, and the other deals with EPOS systems and Recruitment software. Im a bit of a techy, i do ASP and .NET as a hobbie (badly).

I'm an IT consultant, working for a very large multi-national IT Products/services company.

Based at a Finnish Mobile Phone company in Cambridgeshire!

Used to use their 'phones until I discovered the SPV (managed the transition Ok but get some strange looks when I use my 'phone!).

3 kids, 5 Pc's and a large mortgage - house renovation is not a cheap hobby! 8)

Guest SteveT

I'm over 50 and a non-graduate, so don't really fit in here do I! However i do work in IT as Release Manager for a software company in South Wales, so maybe that's OK.

My wife and I both have SPVs and apart from the freezing, not being set-up by Orange, and the "normal" problems that others are having, are happy with the beasts.

I have found hat the supplied ring tones are much too quiet (especially when the phone is in wife's handbag) so have downloaded a louder tone.

Guest jmechan

My name's Jon, and I'm and alcoholic.

Not really. I'm 25, just married, and work in IT Support for a US investment bank in london.

So I guess I fall into the 20-something IT pro catagory too.

But I guess I can partially escape that...I am a dance teacher in my spare time, and own and run a business to promote and support it.

I've had my SPV since christmas eve, and haven't had any problems with it really. It's a hellova lot better than my old T68.

Guest Flopsy

Console games producer with a penchant for wasting money on every tech toy I can lay my hands on. And I'm only twenty-something if the something is allowed to be more than ten...

Guest DJHope

Im a student studying Engineering Management with IT at brunel university, also part-time gadet freak and part-time djay.

Im doing my degree because i seem to have this natural talent with computers (no idea why) always fixing them for people, however i really want todo something with music but i dont see that happening due to the difficultities.

My worest nightmare is ending up on a 9-5 because to be honest i dont seem to be able to function until 11am!

Guest Treadsoftly

Posted before, but as a non-techie - here I am. A psychologist.

Kind of appropriate, as I sometimes wonder what motivated me to buy the thing in the first place. Roll on update!

Guest AsherUK

I design (and build) interactive electronics for the lesuire industry... mostly games and controls for childrens play areas.

If it moo's, flashes or plays a very annoying repetitive tune then it could of been made by me.

I'm not, however, responsible for the cow and chicken sound units commonly found by the eggs and milk in some supermarkets, although I do make that type of thing, my cow actually sounds like a cow ! (I get my mother to record the sound effects !!!).

What am I?

I'm a monster...

Actually, I'm a molecular biologist with a fascination for all things that require a processor of some sort.

I guess it stems from my speak & spell days

"Now spell Moun-ten"

M-O-U-N-T-A-N-E

"That is incorrect"

Ahh, those were the days. Bring back the muppet show as well- sunday at 6pm. Life was so simple.

Guest AsherUK
That's a very unkind thing to say about your mother!  You should call her and apologize at once!

I just tried to call her to apologize but she wasn't there... she must of gone to be milked !!

Guest dculbert

I'm a Commercial Manager. Constructiony type stuff - mainly contracts. Any T&C disputes - send em over :D

BTW - Can I just say a huge thanks to everyone involved in making this forum happen. I think there are a great many people who owe all of you/us a massive debt of thanks for keeping our SPV's just about on life support.

One question....how do turn it on again? I forget

Dave Culbert

[email protected]