has anyone bought a mda from this site...?

Guest carl_donaldson

found this

http://www.buymobilephones.net/store/merch...hones&show=cost

might give them a call?

Anybody heard/used them before?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Please give them a call and let us know mate. If they have stock I will:

a: cancel my OSPS order and get one today.

b: eat my hat :cry:

:-)

Might try calling Newcastle again as well?

EDIT: More info

http://www.buymobilephones.net/ seems to be part of http://www.a1comms.co.uk/

They do say its in stock but I will call them ASAP and check.

I assume I can cancel my OSPS order if they havent shipped yet?

EDIT2

Just called em, no stock.

Must have more patience! :x

Edited by rmg

Not sure about Voda, but,

My O2 contract thro' singlepoint is coming up to 12months so I gave them the 30 day notice to quit 1 month before and asked about porting, they said they would charge £20 for PAC code and only give it 5 days before min contract term (ie 12mnts).

I suggest you call them back and let them know that OFTEL will be very interested in the fact that they are charging for PAC codes. singlepoint ae cnuts.

With t-mobile you can port after receiving sim by ringing them, according to OSPS but this takes 5-7days to go thro. You cannot port a disconnected or cancelled contract so it looks like it would have been better to leave contract running, but this may cost an additional month in lieu of notice? So I think i'll just use new number. Good job you 100 free txts

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

AFAIK when you request a pac your contract automatically expires after the port goes through. Any outstanding charges will then be billed.

Guest p1tse

thanks that is what i meant PAC

so you can get a new contract with T-mobile recieve the new sim (obviously with new number) and then port old PAC/ mobile number, am i right?

if so how does this work, for-example i get new TM sim with new number phone up and port my PAC but the old number is still on current Voda contract? or does it change after the original contract expires after cancellation?

Guest billybear
thanks that is what i meant PAC

so you can get a new contract with T-mobile recieve the new sim (obviously with new number) and then port old PAC/ mobile number, am i right?

if so how does this work, for-example i get new TM sim with new number phone up and port my PAC but the old number is still on current Voda contract? or does it change after the original contract expires after cancellation?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try this link it might help explain number porting a bit better

http://www.mobileshop.com/mobile-phones/nu...sfers/index.php

- porting automatically cancels old contract, but beware of any cancellation charges especially if minimum contract period not complete ie if you got 6 months to go you are liable for that 6 months line rental. #-o

Guest billybear
the offer is not even on the page anymore!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hmmm! OSPS dont show MDA anymore. Also looks like T-mobile network offer now double minutes instead of 1/2 price line rental

:x :D

Guest jonnykato

Just spoken to OSPS, and they told me I 'should' have my MDA Compact by Tuesday. I'm not going to hold my breath though

They also told me that 1/2 price T-Mobile line rental offer will be honoured if it was offered at the time of placing the order

Edited by jonnykato

Guest thereaperman
hmmm! OSPS dont show MDA anymore. Also looks like T-mobile network offer now double minutes instead of 1/2 price line rental

:x  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well they say there not getting any until the 18th april now, and the same as been said by ukphoneshop. also, so i may have to buy it from scancom:<

Guest jonnykato
Well they say there not getting any until the 18th april now

really?

They told me Tuesday about 30 minutes ago. Why can't they just be honest about it? :x

Guest billybear
really?

They told me Tuesday about 30 minutes ago.  Why can't they just be honest about it?  :x

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

DONT believe them! they been fobing me off with several new dates since 18th march :^o

Guest billybear
Please give them a call and let us know mate.  If they have stock I will:

a:  cancel my OSPS order and get one today.

b: eat my hat  :cry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you want ketchup on that hat of yours?

cus guess what I got in my sweaty little hands right now. YES, brand new MDA from http://www.buymobilephones.net/

:D :D :D :D :( :( :D :D

Do you want ketchup on that hat of yours?

cus guess what I got in my sweaty little hands right now. YES, brand new MDA from http://www.buymobilephones.net/

:D  :D  :D  :D  :(  :(  :D  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nice one mate, Is it all you hoped for?

I rang OSPS again. The stock has gone to CPW and will be shipped from there this weekend.

Or so they say.

I might have to order one from buymobilephones as well and send back the one that comes to me last ;-)

Guest billybear
Nice one mate, Is it all you hoped for?

I rang OSPS again.  The stock has gone to CPW and will be shipped from there this weekend. 

Or so they say. 

I might have to order one from buymobilephones as well and send back the one that comes to me last ;-)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They told me that 1 week ago, but when I pointed out CPW dont list they said because it was an existing order it would be honoured!

I'll have to cancel mine now. Good luck getting one, cus buymobilephones now show out of stock too. :-({|= This was there first stock delivery!

Sorry mate!

It looks even better in the flesh. Says you gotta charge for 8 hrs 1st - I think to charge internal mem backup batt as NiMH. So have to play later!

They told me that 1 week ago, but when I pointed out CPW dont list they said because it was an existing order it would be honoured!

I'll have to cancel mine now. Good luck getting one, cus buymobilephones now show out of stock too. :-({|= This was there first stock delivery! 

Sorry mate!

It looks even better in the flesh. Says you gotta charge for 8 hrs 1st - I think to charge internal mem backup batt as NiMH. So have to play later!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Arse, did not see the edit to your post Yesterday saying they had stock, oh well, another weekend without my new phone ](*,)

Guest billybear
Arse, did not see the edit to your post Yesterday saying they had stock, oh well, another weekend without my new phone  ](*,)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I take it then you dont get a notify for edits as I missed your edit also at first? I'll use reply only in future I think, especially for something so important!!

Batt @ 75% :D/

Next big wait - Tomtom sat Navigator 5 due april/may?

I take it then you dont get a notify for edits as I missed your edit also at first? I'll use reply only in future I think, especially for something so important!!

Batt @ 75%  :D/

Next big wait - Tomtom sat Navigator 5 due april/may?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Im in a right huff about it :cry:

I can tdecide wether to order from where you did on the hope that they get more stock and risk getting 2 and having to pay return carriage for one.

Its that comment about no stock till 18th that has got me worried!

well does any one know any other place that is as cheap as one stop mobile?

Edit: Actuallt buy mobile is as cheap as onestop anyway.

Edit: But they show no stock as well.

And does any one know why carrier service do they use for buymobile?

( Personally i think only RoyalMail is good )

Edited by iwod

Guest billybear
And does any one know why carrier service do they use for buymobile?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

got mine lunchtime today from buymobilephones.net which BTW is A1 COMMS LTD.

they used Citylink. :D/

Guest billybear
Its that comment about no stock till 18th that has got me worried!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Personally I'd keep your order with OSPS, but keep looking on net for stock - the're probably all come into country on same ship :?:

I dont think OSPS actually know when they will get them like everybody else :?:

The 18th could be for somebody further down in the queue also :?:

buymobilepnones website actually said they had stock, when they did #-o

Edited by billybear

I am worry that Buymobile will change their tarrif to Double min as well.

I could buy it now and i suppose they will honur the deal. But i don't want to wait and i only want to buy when they have stock.

Guest tobtan
I am worry that Buymobile will change their tarrif to Double min as well.

I could buy it now and i suppose they will honur the deal. But i don't want to wait and i only want to buy when they have stock.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i'm afraid they already have m8!!! I've ordered off A1 comms who haven't changed their deal (same company) so lets wait and see when it arrives. The 4 months cashback is by redemption.

Guest p1tse

typical. one stop phone shop had good deals going. all the smartphones have gone. hope the offers will be back soon, as i want to change my tariff and phone, as m current network provider is giving crap offers.

buymobile offers aren;t as good. as looking into maybe the relax 200 or everyone offpeak 500

keep me informed if you see any other good deals

thanks

Glad you tell me fast m8! I just went to A1 comms and get mine as well..........

( But i fill the detail too quick i thought some of them could be wrong )