has anyone bought a mda from this site...?

Guest carl_donaldson

Guest carl_donaldson

http://www.newcastlemobiles.co.uk/860_T-Mo...%20Compact.html

Looking at reducing my orange contract down to minimum of £15 (SPV c500) so that i can get a mda compact with tmobile on the 3 month half price LR scheme.

Tmobile couldnt match the deal this site were doing so i was just wondering if anyone has heard of them or used them etc etc.

Cheers for any help

Carl

:D

Guest mike-oh

a few people have bought from onestopphoneshop i think. I never heard of newcastle mobiles.

I and plenty of others got theirs from www.scancom.com

Mike

Guest andysalmon

That is the same page as onestopphoneshop which trades under several names. Reliable as far as I know. Some members here have purchased from them.

Guest Metoo
That is the same page as onestopphoneshop which trades under several names. Reliable as far as I know. Some members here have purchased from them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Google Groups provides plenty of feedback on onestopphoneshop :D

It looks like they've recently been bought by Carphone Warehouse, so perhaps their service will improve?

Edited by Metoo

Google Groups provides plenty of feedback on onestopphoneshop  :D

It looks like they've recently been bought by Carphone Warehouse, so perhaps their service will improve?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have used OSPS before with no issues.

They have just been bought by CPW so cashback is reliable.

My MDA Compact is on order from OSPS.

(Everyone 100 12m)

Free phone + 4 x 11.50 + 8 x 23 = year one cost £230

Expected in the next couple of days, go for it!

Guest thereaperman

(Everyone 100 12m)

Free phone + 4 x 11.50 + 8 x 23  = year one cost £230

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah i have used osps for a couple of years and had no problems so far. Just waiting for the mda compact+copilot+bluetooth to be posted out to me :<

yeah i have used osps for a couple  of years and had no problems so far. Just waiting for the mda compact+copilot+bluetooth to be posted out to me :<

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When did u order mate?

I rang em Yesterday and they said will be with me in the next 7 days :-(

really want it for Easter weekend...

edit: just rang em, delayed, will get it Wednesday next week :*(

Edited by rmg

(Everyone 100 12m)

Free phone + 4 x 11.50 + 8 x 23  = year one cost £230

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you know what service they use to deliver their phone?

Do you know what service they use to deliver their phone?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Royal Mail mate.

You can log on to their site to get your order status.

Royal Mail mate. 

You can log on to their site to get your order status.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

FFS now delayed by another week according to the chick @ OSPS.

Oh well, at least all my accesories will have arrived by then ;-)

Guest billybear

Ordererd my MDA 18th March - still waiting!

OSPS chap just told me, "be with you by friday, delivery expected tommorow"

We'll see, I'm not holding my breath. Although scancom got some now! but want £50+VAT now (t-mobile relax 100 12m, 3mth 1/2 price line rental) - so £70 more expensive.

rmg - when did you order yours?

Edited by billybear

Ordererd my MDA 18th March - still waiting!

OSPS chap just told me, "be with you by friday, delivery expected tommorow"

We'll see, I'm not holding my breath. Although scancom got some now! but want £50+VAT now (t-mobile relax 100 12m, 3mth 1/2 price line rental) - so £70 more expensive.

rmg - when did you order yours?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

22nd March mate. Im prolly in the same list as you. Stock delayed cos of Easter. Will let you know as soon as my order status changes.

Guest billybear
22nd March mate.  Im prolly in the same list as you.  Stock delayed cos of Easter.  Will let you know as soon as my order status changes.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Got this email from t-mobile in response to why had they removed MDA compact from website - Guess this device is so good they cant keep up with demand?

"Thank you for your email regarding the MDA compact phone.

At the present time we are just waiting for the manufactures to supply us with more stocks.

When we run out of stock and we don't have a delivery date for the new supply, we sometimes remove phones from the website so orders cannot be put through and thus preventing a vast backlog.

If you contact Onestopphoneshop.co.uk I'm sure the situation may be the same with them, but you'll need to contact them directly yourself.

If you require further help, please visit us at http://www.t-mobile.co.uk

Regards

Glenn

Customer Services

T-Mobile"

Got this email from t-mobile in response to why had they removed MDA compact from website - Guess this device is so good they cant keep up with demand?

"Thank you for your email regarding the MDA compact phone.

At the present time we are just waiting for the manufactures to supply us with more stocks.

When we run out of stock and we don't have a delivery date for the new supply, we sometimes remove phones from the website so orders cannot be put through and thus preventing a vast backlog.

If you contact Onestopphoneshop.co.uk I'm sure the situation may be the same with them, but you'll need to contact them directly yourself.

If you require further help, please visit us at http://www.t-mobile.co.uk

Regards

Glenn

Customer Services

T-Mobile"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

bugger, if TM aint got stock then OSPS sure as s*** wont.

Spoke to Newcastle Yesterday and they said expected today but I reckon that is crap.

02 / Orange etc are mad for not releasing this model....

I might ring Newcastle again on the off chance as there deal is almost as good as OSPS's.

EDIT: Billy did they take 1p off your credit card already? This only happened to me today, im wondering if it was the Easter delay but surely they wouldnt do the credit check / contract setup unless the handsets were available for despatch??

Or am I wishful thinking! :roll:

Edited by rmg

i am still waiting on mine, it was done on the 8th march, but no ones got them in stock yet etc:<

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

gsus you bin waiting since the 8th??????

:shock:

Guest billybear

just had one in my hand! they got 3 at T-mobile shop in Worcester :D/

Only trouble is they want £100 for same contract as free from OSPS, only free on £41/month contract :shock: they got to be kidding! aint they? :roll:

Oh well, guess I'll try waiting a bit longer :-"

Guest p1tse

OSPS good prices, think i might just wait until they get more.

but does anyone know if i can cancel say my Voda contract get my PUK code and transfer my number to new contract on t-mobile with OSPS?

also is it true you got to be with t-mobile for longer than 11 months to change tariff?

Guest billybear
EDIT:  Billy did they take 1p off your credit card already?  This only happened to me today, im wondering if it was the Easter delay but surely they wouldnt do the credit check / contract setup unless the handsets were available for despatch??

Or am I wishful thinking!  :roll:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They said they were taking 1p from CC on day I ordered, although I aint checked statement, so I guess it dont mean jack!

found this

http://www.buymobilephones.net/store/merch...hones&show=cost

might give them a call?

Anybody heard/used them before?

Gave them a call - there processing my order now, they say they got em in stock and if all goes thro' OK, be with me tommorrow! :D I'll let you know.

OSPS still aint got a delivery date and keep saying there going to use carphone warehouse stock - I keep telling them CW dont stock it! They said I can cancel, even if dispatched. u got 7 day to cancel contract anyway.

Edited by billybear

Guest billybear
OSPS good prices, think i might just wait until they get more.

but does anyone know if i can cancel say my Voda contract get my PUK code and transfer my number to new contract on t-mobile with OSPS?

also is it true you got to be with t-mobile for longer than 11 months to change tariff?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not sure about Voda, but,

My O2 contract thro' singlepoint is coming up to 12months so I gave them the 30 day notice to quit 1 month before and asked about porting, they said they would charge £20 for PAC code and only give it 5 days before min contract term (ie 12mnts). With t-mobile you can port after receiving sim by ringing them, according to OSPS but this takes 5-7days to go thro. You cannot port a disconnected or cancelled contract so it looks like it would have been better to leave contract running, but this may cost an additional month in lieu of notice? So I think i'll just use new number. Good job you 100 free txts

PS PUK (passcode unlock code) is available from network operator anytime, but I'm guessing you mean PAC - for porting

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Right on both counts. With TM you can port after you receive the new sim, just call them up.

With T-Mobile you have to stay on the same tariff for 11 Months yes. But Relax 100 12m is only 23ppm, not too bad.

Im trying to find out their GPRS costs, does anyone know?