Orange France release C500 Update (with WMP 10)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest grex9101

stupid question here- how do you get the menus etc to change back to english. i believe there is a program somewhere-but I cant find it! ;)

Guest Confucious
stupid question here- how do you get the menus etc to change back to english. i believe there is a program somewhere-but I cant find it!  ;)

Start>Settings->More(9)>Regional Settings (6)

At least that's what it is on the UK ROM, I have no idea what it will be called in French or where Settings is on the start menu as I've reordered mine.

HTH

Guest Synkro

Am I going to be in the brown smelly stuff as mine has the french rom on, and its goin back for the age old "dust under the screen" syndrome?

Guest Disco Stu

I doubt it matters.

From what I've read here they won't take it back for the dust problem.

Otherwise, yes; you've probably voided your warranty.

Guest Confucious

Welcome to the forum.

With any luck they won't even notice. But as the problem is nothing to do with the ROM it *shouldn't* make a difference. Although I must admit I have no idea what Orange UK's attitude is to flashing.

I'm sure someone else will be able to tell us!

Good luck.

Guest girlpantz

I've got a quick question before I go ahead with flashing. After changing the language settings, is everything in English, like the program menus for the camera, and other apps like Task Manager, or is that in French?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest earthling0001

I too have upgraded to 4.2.2.1, but I now have a bug with Bluetooth. (Everything else works great!)

If I click Settings>Bluetooth>Bluetooth I get:

Error

The settings could not be opened.

!

I used Sprite Backup 1.0 to save all my apps and settings, and restore them on top of the new ROM. Everything else is perfect.

My Bluetooth handsfree is still registered from pre-backup restore, but I can't get in there to change settings! ;)

Kinda urgent as I need to get TomTom Mobile 5 up and running for a 5 hour journey Monday (tomorrow)!

Any ideas?

Can someone post their relevant registry settings for Bluetooth and perhaps I can copy them in to make sure everything is as it should be for a 4.2.2.1.

Thanks in advance.

CJSnet

Guest PJDelaney

I pretty sure this is going to be illegal but just thought I'd ask seeing as it looks like Orange have abandoned all plans to release the new ROM to us UK customers (someone really out to remind them about their so-called existing customers loyalty advert!)

Could someone with one of the new C500's which were shipped with the new ROM back it up and post it then others can "restore" back onto their phones? UK ROM with no stupid French setting to sort out!

Guest ElGato65
I used Sprite Backup 1.0 to save all my apps and settings, and restore them on top of the new ROM.  Everything else is perfect.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe thats where it went wrong. Restoring data yes, but settings from a previous ROM isn't probably the best thing to do. Maybe you should reflash and set up from "Clean".

Guest PayableOnDeath
Could someone with one of the new C500's which were shipped with the new ROM back it up and post it then others can "restore" back onto their phones? UK ROM with no stupid French setting to sort out!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think someone needs to read the forum rules :roll:

Guest dennis_b

Hi everybody,

i have the french rom but experiencing problems with WM10 when i try to access any subfolder in the library: "an unknown error 0X800300FD has occurred"

I tried a hard reset, no result. Any ideas, anybody?

d&n=======

Guest bUrGe
some inprovements but its not exceptional

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

how can I make mms work on my C500 with the French update?

I've rang Orange and they keep saying they'll send a SIM update - never got one - I've also replicated my friends settings on my phone, but when I get an MMS the little G appears on the signal bar to indicate GPRS action and then it just stays there and the thing that tells me how many media messages I have on the home screen dissappears. The only way to solve it is to turn the phone off and on - then the media messages text has increased by one!

If I put my sim in another phone they don't come through - there's some pics there that I need :)

Cheers

• 5 months later...
Guest brucejclarke
Ok it does work., flashed without any problems.

First thing i did was to change language:

to change language:

left soft key, 4, 9, 6

it does have english!

also has: dansk, dutch, spannish, italian and german

Also can confirm it has the new version of media player!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

NICE ONE ..THIS WORKS I NOW HAVE A 1GB MP3 PLAYER EFFECTIVELY! ONE PROBLEM, THE PREDICTIVE TEXT MESSAGING PREDICTS FRENCH NOT ENGLISH, DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW TO CHANGE THIS? IT DOESN'T SEEM TO CHANGE WHEN I CHANGE THE PHONE LANGUAGE???

HELP

THANKS LULLE

EDIT : removed attachment - this is a family forum :)

Edited by Disco Stu

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.