Orange France release C500 Update (with WMP 10)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest squall
im going to try adding the french ROM to my c500 as its being replaced by Orange for dust issues - If it works im going to put it on the new one - But  is it easy to put back to original for when they collect it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

remember changing roms like this voids warrently, maybe not a good idea in your case?

anyway it should just be a case of running the uk update, although you may have to use the nbf tool

Guest bluesmudge

wow that was quick thanks - they shouldn't be able to tell if it switches back though could they?

oh i changed the NBF file after extracting the exe. is that changed file then used by the original exe? or does the whole thing need to be recompiled - if that makes sense.

Guest squall
wow that was quick thanks - they shouldn't be able to tell if it switches back though could they?

oh i changed the NBF file after extracting the exe. is that changed file then used by the original exe? or does the whole thing need to be recompiled - if that makes sense.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

they shouldnt be able to tell, but if something goes wrong.....

anyway it changes the file in the unzipped folder. you then run that by opening hte rom update.exe file in the unzipped folder

Guest bluesmudge
they shouldnt be able to tell, but if something goes wrong.....

anyway it changes the file in the unzipped folder. you then run that by opening hte rom update.exe file in the unzipped folder

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cheers i suppose i should wait for the new phone i get tommorrow - but then again what if that goes wrong!? :|

Guest squall

lol. its worked ok for me and everone else who has tried it so far, wouldnt worry to much. Chances are if it did go wrong it would be recoverable

Can somone who hasn't done the upgrade tell me whats in their registry for Hkey_local_machine / t9 input method / IME order

and Hkey_local_machine / t9 input method / LDBs

thanks ;)

Guest Jakob

What about the good old - always charging the battery 100% before upgrading ??

Might as well ask while I´m waiting for mine to charge

/J

Guest squall
What  about the good old - always charging the battery 100% before upgrading ??

Might as well ask while I´m waiting for mine to charge

/J

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what about it?

you need to do it or the phonecan forget about an area of the memory :S

Guest bazzo
yes i still ave it on my phone, first time is after 16 seconds :S

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

...thanks

DAMN... ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Edited by bazzo

Guest muddy250
yes i still ave it on my phone, first time is after 16 seconds :S

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ave it? Is that ffrrrenchh acccentt you ave zere?

this is way to complicated for me. I just know I'll fry something. gonna live with 9!

C ;)

Guest rico2k_uk

works like a dream! except took me ages to figure out how to change the language to english....

now to change all the gprs settings... fun ;)

come to think of it... do i need to change them as i dont access the web unless its connected to the pc... will it still send sms and mms??

Guest rico2k_uk
it will send sms ok, but maybe not mms?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

good man.. thanks...

so impressed.. the camera and things startup much quicker, and looks like the refresh rate has increased.. think it may just be me tho.. do like wmp10!!! Its worth doing guys, just make sure you can read a little french, or remember how to change language on your exisiting software...

DO IT!!! wont kill your phone. mine was just app. unlocked, thats it!

Guest rico2k_uk
i assume you got one sent to you? the developers site done meaning i cant install most of the things i use to my phone ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah i have been sent it (at last).. its handy as hell.. defo get a copy emailed to you.. if you know how they compile it, etc, i can send you a copy, but they make one for your imei number.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.