onestopphoneshop -cashback

Guest rannoch

Guest bluesxman

My cheque arrived this morning too, claim was submitted on 17th May. Rushing to get it paid in before their bank account is depleted by all these cheques! :)

Guest Honest John

You may find from another thread I started that OOPS were not my favourite retailer, having refused to pay me my cashback because they claimed I had received a voucher to use and I don't believe I did.

However, a number of things have happened and I think you need to be aware.

Guest AaronW

I phoned up three times today.

The first two telephone calls went like this:

OSPS: "Hello OSPS".

Me: "Hi, can you tell me if my cash back claim cheque has been sent out yet".

OSPS: "Ermmm". line then goes dead.

Third time I phoned up they said I should have it next week. They then tried to sell me something else. I nearly píssed myself laughing.

Guest rannoch

Received first cashback cheque this morning for a claim sent by recorded delivery 3rd May 2005.

The cheque was dated 4th May 2005.

Now to the bank.

Rannoch

Guest Honest John

Tried to reply before but PC/site playing up.

I have had trouble with them in the past when we disagreed about a claim, but in general, they have been fine with me since.

My May repayment on one phone was slow, but since they have been taken over by Carphonewarehouse, they have been ok. Two fast repayment cheques have arrived.

They have changed their procedures and now have dedicated Customer Services reps rather than sales staff doing a stint.

However, Carphone do not seem to have as good a relationship with Orange as Onestp had and they are no longer No 1 Orange dealer, I understand. For Smartphone users, this isn't altogether good news.

So, I think their integrity will have improved but perhaps their prices will not be as attractive.

Does anyone do better deals on SPVs though, that's the question.

Well................

Guest trevormuk

Don't be put off mate.

Yes there are those who have problems, and lets face it everyone at some point has a bit of gief with any shop or company.

As long as you manage the administration (alarm reminder for the timed claim for the cashback, file your bills, send anything by Signed For service etc) you should be fine....

I have ordered the C550 OSPS have available on their website - the overall cost to me will be less than £80!! Show me a shop that can beat that!

HTH

Cheers

Guest AaronW

I did and I was not fine. IMHO they are a bunch of cowboys and if you had to choose between OSPS or some oter company don't choose OSPS!

Don't be put off mate.

As long as you manage the administration (alarm reminder for the timed claim for the cashback, file your bills, send anything by Signed For service etc) you should be fine....

Edited by AaronW

Guest trevormuk

.... and did you have the common sense to do everything by the book, sending things by recorded post, reading and understanding the T&C's?

I sometimes think the customer does on occasions (myself included) not do themselves any favours ...

For every one customer that has had problems there is another that has had a great experience .... that's life ... everyone is different...

I would say again ... nothing wrong with OSPS, and given they have been bought by CPW, I would expect to see a more consistent approach to customer service etc..

Just my own opinion

cheers

Guest lowbug

I did everything by the book for some E200's i bought and they refused to admit the got the letters blah blah blah, they know the scam inside out...... I gave up i have more interesting things to worry about. But the fact is they conned me out of money. They are scum. DO NOT BUY FROM ONE SHOP CON SHOP!!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Guest trevormuk

... did you send everything by Signed For post? They can't argue with that...

First time I had a little difficulty with them it was over something they claimed to have never received. Simple ... after that I have always paid the extra 60p or so and sent it recorded signed for ... since then never any hassle.

I would say again .... cover your arse and you keep the possibility for hassle to an absolute minimum... and its certainly worth it.

:)

Guest trevormuk

...maybe not.

Has anyone else paid as little as those who bought with OSPS?

With cashback the total I will pay will be £74.

Guest morpheus2702

I dunno - got it as a free upgrade directly from Orange, so I pay... ummm, nothing.

Maybe I'm just missing the point of bigging up OSPS?

Guest Squattie

Mine should work out at £68.40 over the year (extra £7.50 cashback via Rpoints :)).

That's on OVP Relax 100 (I'll be using the phone with another contract so simply went for the cheapest option).

Edited by Squattie

Guest trevormuk

Nice one Squattie.

At £25 a month I make it that you are paying £300 for the period of 12 months!!! Yikes ... that's quite a bit more than paying less than £100 for 12 months.