onestopphoneshop -cashback

Guest rannoch

Guest rannoch

Bought a C500 on 1st feb from onestopphoneshop primarily due to the cashback offer of £75 after 3 months, 6 months, and 9 months.

Sent the first cashback claim on 2nd May. Since then I have called twice (two weeks apart) when both Customer Service (?) people acknowledged that they had receieved a valid claim, and both said I would receive a cheque in 10 to 14 days.

No cheque.

Anyone else used this crew, and have you had the same delay, but eventually received your money.

Rannoch

Edited by rannoch

Guest AaronW

I have used them before and I will NEVER EVER use them again.

I received my first cash back claim months after phoning up and chasing them for it. I am now waiting on my 2nd cashback claim and I have been waiting since April (I sent it recorded delivery so I have proof of date they received it). They have apparently run out of cheques (since April :roll: ) and are expecting some replacements in within the next 14 days. I have phoned up so many times and their rude uninterested customer service keeps on changing their story.

I am currently speaking to BBC Watchdog about them and keeping them up to date as there are numerous others I am told that have not received their cashback.

Edited by AaronW

Guest Glassbottle
I have used them before and I will NEVER EVER use them again.

I received my first cash back claim months after phoning up and chasing them for it.  I am now waiting on my 2nd cashback claim and I have been waiting since April (I sent it recorded delivery so I have proof of date they received it).  They have apparently run out of cheques (since April  :roll: ) and are expecting some replacements in within the next 14 days.  I have phoned up so many times and their rude uninterested customer service keeps on changing their story.

I am currently speaking to BBC Watchdog about them and keeping them up to date as there are numerous others I am told that have not received their cashback.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A slightly different issue with onestopphoneshop....... I purchased a new contract and MPX200 handset from them on Orange last year, which I returned within 14 days for a refund - wasn't impressed with the battery life, so went for a P900 - ;)

I then spent the next 3 or 4 months agrguing with Orange and OSPS about the return and cancellation of the MPX and the contract. They were both blaiming each other for an 'incorrect cancellation' of the contract, which meant I was still being billed. I had Orange threaten me with court action if I didn't pay the outstanding amount on my bill, which I refused to pay! and the idiots at OSPS were so unhelpful it's a joke. Numerous phonecalls, no returned calls from OSPS, managers supposed to call me back, managers never available to speak to when you call, so frustrating. I would NEVER recommend these cowboys to anyone.

Okay, toys are back in the pram now! :?:

Guest MARKUKCOUK

I will never ever purchase another phone from OSPS as long as I live. Don't wanna say too much more in public but STEER WELL CLEAR. The deals are good - too good, and you will end up paying for it.

Glad someones gone to Watchdog because what they do simply isn't on.

If you need directions to their offices in Crewe, PM me. Very easy to get to.

Guest mupwangle

They called me up and persuaded me to have a second mobile on my account and I'd get all the money back in 6 months. Sent my 6th month bill to them. About 2 weeks later they sent it back saying I had to send the following bill to them instead. By then I'd upgraded my main phone so I was no longer sharing the talktime so no refund.

Damn.

Guest rannoch

Well, it seems I'm not alone.

I contacted Trading Standards, and was advised to send onestopphoneshop a recorded delivery letter stating that if I didn't receive and clear a cheque within 14 days, I would contact strading standards to investigate.

Now, the reverse - can anyone recommend a good phone supplier where this nonsense does not happen.

Thanks,

Rannoch

Guest AaronW
Well, it seems I'm not alone.

I contacted Trading Standards, and was advised to send onestopphoneshop a recorded delivery letter stating that if I didn't receive and clear a cheque within 14 days, I would contact strading standards to investigate.

Now, the reverse - can anyone recommend a good phone supplier where this nonsense does not happen.

Thanks,

Rannoch

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And have you? Any results?

Guest mcwarre

To try and balance this discusion....

I have not had a single problem with them. Then again I send everything recorded and follow their instructions to the letter ;) (touch wood)

Guest darrellr
Bought a C500 on 1st feb from onestopphoneshop primarily due to the cashback offer of £75 after 3 months, 6 months, and 9 months.

Same position m8. Claim made 3 weeks ago - still no sign of the cheque - extremely concerned.

A collegue of mine is also waiting for his money.

It always seemed too good to be true and now I think it is definately turning out badly :evil:

Guest AaronW
To try and balance this discusion....

I have not had a single problem with them.  Then again I send everything recorded and follow their instructions to the letter ;) (touch wood)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I also sent it recorded and followed their instructions. Guess you must of been lucky.

Guest sponge
A slightly different issue with onestopphoneshop....... I purchased a new contract and MPX200 handset from them on Orange last year, which I returned within 14 days for a refund - wasn't impressed with the battery life, so went for a P900 -  ;)

I then spent the next 3 or 4 months agrguing with Orange and OSPS about the return and cancellation of the MPX and the contract. They were both blaiming each other for an 'incorrect cancellation' of the contract, which meant I was still being billed. I had Orange threaten me with court action if I didn't pay the outstanding amount on my bill, which I refused to pay! and the idiots at OSPS were so unhelpful it's a joke. Numerous phonecalls, no returned calls from OSPS, managers supposed to call me back, managers never available to speak to when you call, so frustrating. I would NEVER recommend these cowboys to anyone.

Okay, toys are back in the pram now!  :?:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A very similar thing happened to me! I returned a phone and they didn't cancel the contract. The whole time I was trying, unsuccesfully, to get them to cancel it, I was getting charged. I even tried calling Orange, but they wouldn't help either!

It took 9 months to get it sorted. In the end, after I threatened legal action, Orange cancelled the contract (after initially saying they couldn't/wouldn't) and acknowledged I owed them nothing.

I then had to write a letter to Experian (credit agency) to get them to remove the unpaid records on my credit file! It was a nightmare!

I recommend you steer well clear of The OneStopPhoneShop.

Edited by sponge

Guest simon211175

living up to their name I guess. Stop there once and you'll not want to go back.

The best ways to get their attention is to a: contact trading standards and tell them you are doing so (don't threaten it, just do it), or b: get some nice headed paper and write a letter using such phrases as "my client" and lawsuit. These usually work for me. ;)

Guest rannoch

I was given advice by Trading Standards last Friday, and when I suggested I phone Onestopphoneshop again before sending the letter they said it would do no harm.

Anyway, unable to contact Onestopphoneshop yesterday - always engaged.

Phoned this moring and got straight through. The latest story (these guys would be better employed as script writers on Eastenders) is that due to a mis-print on their cheques all the cheques were sent back to the bank, and they have just received new ones, and as "I will appreciate" (no I don't) it takes time to process a backlog of eight weeks of claims (25,000). Same time limit 10 - 14 days (third time I've been told this).

I said that on the advice of Trading Standards as there is clearly a serious problem - did he accept there was a problem? he then repeated the cheque speel, I was sending a recorded delivery letter asking for payment of cashback claim within 7 days or I was asking trading Standards to investigate.

No reaction, probably heard it all before.

So, I'll get the letter away today.

Rannoch

Edited by rannoch

Guest AaronW
I was given advice by Trading Standards last Friday, and when I suggested I phone Onestopphoneshop again before sending the letter they said it would do no harm.

Anyway, unable to contact Onestopphoneshop yesterday - always engaged.

Phoned this moring and got straight through. The latest story (these guys would be better employed as script writers on Eastenders) is that due to a mis-print on their cheques all the cheques were sent back to the bank, and they have just received new ones, and as "I will appreciate" (no I don't) it takes time to process a backlog of eight weeks of claims (25,000). Same time limit 10 - 14 days (third time I've been told this).

I said that on the advice of Trading Standards as there is clearly a serious problem - did he accept there was a problem? he then repeated the cheque speel, I was sending a recorded delivery letter asking for payment of cashback claim within 7 days or I was asking trading Standards to investigate.

No reaction, probably heard it all before.

So, I'll get the letter away today.

Rannoch

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have been told the same story about the cheques since April. Each time I phone they have run out of cheques, not received any from the back or there was an error in the cheques.

They are clearly making up this can't be goign on since April. :evil:

STAY CLEAR OF ONESTOPPHONESHOP!

Guest mcwarre

They have recently amalgamated with another firm (carphone wharehouse?) and may be having to change documentation; however, I agree that the timings are a tad long..............

Guest rannoch

Yes, Onestopphoneshop have been acquired by Carphone Warehouse.

That was that second last excuse I was given - the take-over was disrupting the normal business processes.

Rannoch

Guest extravagant

Sent the first cashback claim on 2nd May. Since then I have called twice (two weeks apart) when both Customer Service (?) people acknowledged that they had receieved a valid claim, and both said I would receive a cheque in 10 to 14 days.

No cheque.

Anyone else used this crew, and have you had the same delay, but eventually received your money.

Rannoch

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just wait u will get ur money.

Guest rannoch

Very glad Onestopphoneshop are starting to payout.

Nothing to do with Onestopphoneshop, but triggered by that problem.

When I started the contract with Orange, I was informed that with Orange you need only stick with the contract you've sign-up to for six months, and the you can change.

Change to what? Another monthly contract or pay-as-you-go, or what?

Any advice very welcome.

Rannoch

Edited by rannoch

Guest carmel
Very glad Onestopphoneshop are starting to payout.

Nothing to do with Onestopphoneshop, but triggered by that problem.

When I started the contract with Orange, I was informed that with Orange you need only stick with the contract you've sign-up to for six months, and the you can change.

Change to what? Another monthly contract or pay-as-you-go, or what?

Any advice very welcome.

Rannoch

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe you may change to any other orange tariff,( higher or lower ) or an OVP tariff, but you still have to see out the remainder of the 12 months contract you signed up for before you can cancel altogether or switch to PAYG

Guest darrellr
OSPS have started sending out the cashback cheques.  Received mine this morning.  Better late than never!  Claim sent in 12/05/1005.  Hope eveyone else who is waiting receives theirs soon.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Received mine this morning - now I'm worried it may bounce :roll: