onestopphoneshop -cashback

Guest rannoch

Guest morpheus2702

It certainly is - a sharp eye for calculations is always handy when applying for your cash, back.

But hey, who am I to doubt you? All of us suckers had to wait a week for our phones to arrive whilst OSPS delivered yours bright and early last week. :)

Guest trevormuk

The numbers speak for themselves.

Over the period of 12 months you will pay £200+ more than I will for exactly the same phone.

As long as you are happy with the service you have received, that's all that's important...

Guest morpheus2702
As long as you are happy with the service you have received, that's all that's important...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agree with you 100%! :)

I bought a C500 from OSPS in Jan.

My first cashback came through a bit slower than I'd have liked but hey, it wasn't unreasonable. All in all, it took about a month.

I did have problems calling them but once I got through, the guy was very helpful telling me what to send and confirming which bill i needed. As it happened, had I have not done that, I'd have got it wrong and they could have not given me the first cheque. He also suggested that I send the letter recorded as the claim in effect was worth £100. I was going to anyway but thought that was a good point for HIM to tell me!

I also sent an e-mail whilst waiting on hold which eventually got answered (about 2 weeks later!).

So from my experience, yes the service leaves a lot to be desired but just look at the deals!!!!! You get what you pay for in this world! If I successfully claim all my money back then OSPS make nothing on my phone.

Reminds me of years ago when our local computer supplier gave such crap service that us customers used to sit and slag em off each week whilst waiting sometimes hours for our bits and swearing that we'd never be back. I did one day speak to the owner who told me that people don't buy from him for the service, it was for the prices! He'd tried service and it didn't make him any money. And sure enough every week we'd be back!

It's the same principle here. If you want cheap cheap deals then you can't expect OSPS to employ an army of people to process your claims and answer the phone.

Edited by hobo

• 4 weeks later...
Guest rannoch

Round Two - ding ding!!!

Sent second cashback application last Thursday recorded delivery. I hope it's quicker than the last. Let you know.

Rannoch

• 3 weeks later...
Guest azamsaghir
Any updates on this matter?

Has OSPS become fairly reliable?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ordered a SPV C550 mobile phone 3 weeks ago and the salesperson took all details over the phone and told me to expect it the following day under their 'next day delivery' terms. Next day came and no phone was delivered and the reason given was that it was out of stock. When I asked why did the salesperson not mention that at point of sale I got no definitive answer but was offered the choice of order cancellation. Was told that any follow up queries to orders need to be taken up with the direct line (not free) of the salesperson

After been told they have stock coming in every day I decided to wait a bit...

Tried to call the salesperson all day next day but line was permanently going to voicemail. Had to call the sales hotline (free) each time just to be told that all they can do is to leave a message for the salesperson to call me back. One person said that the salesperson was busy taking another call and another said that she was on holiday. Nobody was willing to take ownership of my problem

Next day I went onto their website and realised that the phone deal I had ordered had been changed. It was no longer offered with free bluetooth headset. On the phone again I went and nobody was even prepared to confirm what my original order was apart from Customer Services. Waited over 10 minutes in their phone queue (costly!!!) and when I did get through the girl stated that all they can do is to leave a message for the salesperson to call me back when she is back in. Another door slammed back in my face...

Of course the salesperson never called me back...

Called following day to see if the phone was back in stock but the same answer no.

Called again next day and got the same answer so I demanded to speak to a manager. No manager is around after 6pm.

Called again couple of days later only to be told that they will not be getting any more SPV C550 mobiles as they have been recalled by Orange over the 'Dust' screen issue.

I cancelled the order at that point.

This was my first (and now last) dealing with this shop. When you order a mobile over the telephone you get no written confirmation of what you have ordered. They update their website almost daily which means as a customer you have nothing to back you up in writing and you have to accept the current offer which may be worse. Well that's what happened with me anyway.

Another thing with this shop. If you are on Orange pay as you go and you buy an Orange contract phone off them they do not allow you to keep your existing mobile phone number. They call that a 'migration' and there is no commission in it for them so they just refuse to do it. I called up Orange who said that 3rd party shops have their own rules because they are commission based. Orange could not do the 'migration' at a later date because it must be done at point of sale.

There are other gripes but enough said about this shop.

Best Regards

Azam

p.s. After cancellation, I ordered the same handset through Orange website and the mobile was delivered within 5-7 working days.

Guest chucky.egg

I guess it's like anything - there's an element of luck in who you speak to and the service you get

Personally I've had a good experience with OSPS, and got my first cheque back pretty quickly. The next cash back is due in a month or so, so I'll post again when that arrives, but I expect it to be in the same reasonable timeframe

Guest rannoch

Back in the old routine.

Cashback claim sent 4th Aug recorded delivery (very important).

Phoned Onestopphoneshop on Friday for status.

Answer: Cheque raised, and awaiting approval. Expect 7 to 10 days.

Update: Received cheque 7th Sept

Have they improved - revised from No to Slightly, but room for further improvement.

Rannoch

Edited by rannoch

• 2 months later...
Guest chucky.egg

Got my last cheque back within 2 weeks

I'm still happy with them, and would go back to them...

Having said that I'm now 3 (of 4) cahbask claims in and they're getting to be a pain. I always worry that I have to do it now or I'm going to get shafted.

On balance a free phone and (effectively) £30 per year contract (which I never used) was probably worth it.

• 5 months later...
Guest sanj2sanj

I sent my cashback claim back in January 2006. I've called them once a month, every month and have still no received any cheques. Anyone gone to trading standards?

Guest djleekee

Just thought that I would re-address the balance and state that I have had NO problem with OSPS aslong as you follow the cashback instructions properly!

Sending in my first claim I sent a photocopy rather than the original claim form and they sent me back a letter explaining that they couldnt accept photocopies and told me to send the original claim form in within the time span.

I thought that was quite encouraging as I thought they would;ve used that as an excuse NOT to pay me but I have been paid on EVERY claim now!

One of the cheapest mobile phone shops on the internet!

Im 100% happy with em!

Leekee

• 3 weeks later...
Guest sanj2sanj
Never needed Trading Standards - they paid up promptly for me.

What are they saying when you call them?

They kept saying "it was in the post" and to wait 14-21 days... 5 months after sending off the claim I now have my cashback. Also, I sent my next cashback claim is a month ago and happily got it three weeks after. I guess I just got unlucky the first time!