SPVMan port for 550 - test version 4

Guest muff

Guest mavisdavis

And so is your development in the software :) keep me informed on Kumite and I'll be happy to help in testing as always :D

Guest Pondrew

Well, it'd explain a lot if the C550s GAPI implementation is broken.

As MavisDavis said, the Smartphone community appreciates the effort.

Eagerly await any developments Muff!

after some more tinkering it appears as tho there might be a different way to call GAPI stuff on the 550 - still trying to work it out tho

will keep you posted

Edited by muff

right I've just uploaded a new version into the first post

could someone please test it and let me know if it works and if not return the debug.txt file to me

TIA

muff

Guest nipper21

where can i download this spv man from then id love to have it on my c550.

the one i have instaled on it now hurts my eyes because its to small.

thank muff for all the efort u have been puting into it. :)

by fullscreen in this case we mean that the gfx cover the whole screen - not the game itself per se

the link to the file is in the first post in this thread

this was really used to nail down the issues with the c550 and how to make it draw GAPI across the whole screen

Guest mavisdavis

Considering muff doesn't even own a C550 the work he put into recoding this in one evening was amazing (not to mention the help from me :D )and the speed in which he turned out the different versions was astounding. Now if anybody liked and bought Eclipse give him a shout as he's also been playing at making it fullscreen.

Now its a little blocky but hardley noticable in game play and for muff to recode this as well as SPVman in one evening is a great achivement.

Its by no means a polished version made specifically for the C550 as it is aimed at being a great learning curve for him as he has overcome some new issues with the C550

I loved Eclipse on the C500 and miss the fullscreen with games on the C550 so was really pleased when asked to test it. Its still bloody hard and addictive. But I look forward to future releases from AI knowing him and Midnight will develope for the future devices :)

And both are still passionate about what they do, despite the setbacks from manufacturers.

Nice one mate :D

Edited by mavisdavis

Guest peekie

makes you wonder if muff can do that why cant tomtom do the same , guess the differance is muff wants to help members and tomtom dont care :|

Guest peekie

found one interesting thing the game cubicle chaos starts with the start up screen in the small postage stamp but when you play the game it goes full screen, is there a way we can see how this game does this as thatb could be the key to the other games :)

Guest Croccy22

Hey Muff, your still alive then?? :)

Don't suppose you had any luck with your gave dev library thing? Really been looking for an alternative since gapidraw have just lost the plot completely.

Benn messing around with pocket frog but so far I have only managed to get it to crash my phone and pocket pc :D

Really wanna get back into writing some more games (Smartanoid Hires?? Oh Noooo everyone shouts. he he)

Stop by irc sometime if ya wanna chat.

Cheers Matt.

Guest mavisdavis

Croccy,

What ever happen to moon patrol?

I know the mutipress issue was a problem (jump+fire ectect)

But it's now 100% fixed on the c550

Guest Croccy22

Don't wanna go off topic too much. but basically gapidraw is what happened to moon patrol.

Their licensing scheme started chopping and changing every two seconds. Now it is a huge game library that supports every device which makes it bloated and i'm sure slower.

Also they now charge £450 for a single license for one game. Now i'm sure you would all love moon patrol but i'm affraid i ain't got £450 to bring such a game to the market.

Once I have found another game libray and learnt to program it then I might be able to get back into things a bit but until then i just kinda lost interest.

Matt.

• 1 month later...
Guest Pondrew
Any chance you can slow the game down a bit?  It runs at 200MPH on my phone :\

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Funnily enough I recently revisited SPVMan but this time not on my 133mhz SPV E200 but on my new 200mhz Voq Professional Phone. Was surprised to find the game significantly faster. Obviously the speed is determined by the processor with no contraints (much like some of my old favorite desktop games which I can no longer run on my AMD 2500+ as they run far too fast).

Guest Jamma14
:shock:  :shock:  :) someone has to have one  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

To be fair, he got it for around £60! Even I might buy one for that :cheesy:

Guest Pondrew
To be fair, he got it for around £60! Even I might buy one for that :cheesy:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep. Twas a bargain buy I certainly don't regret (remember my only other Smartphone the SPV E200 was still running Windows Mobile 2003 with Windows Media Player 9).

My impressions are very very good. Superb device let down by lack of bluetooth, sdio compatibility, and camera (and yes it is rather large but somehow that doesn't seem as issue due to the build quality).

the exe in the first post? or an old version?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In my case I was using the old version. Probably not a good idea to use the C550 one on my Voq. Or is it?

at one point (when the first devices were out) it was unlimited as the phones could only just do the 60fps

when the C500 was released I did a new version that fixed this, and the C550 version should include this