SPVMan port for 550 - test version 4

Guest muff

this is a quick port of the PPC version of SPVMan that 'should' run properly fullscreen on the 550

if someone could please try it and let me know (I dont have a 550 to try it on unfortunately)

as it's a test version it creates a debug.txt file that tells me what it thinks is going on

if it does work properly then obviously I'll disable the debugging and release it properly and then port over SPVInvaders as well

[EDIT]I dunno, u disable 1 little line and it runs mad fast :)

should be fixed now. thanks for the reports[/EDIT]

TIA

muff

550man4.zip

Edited by muff

if I can get this tested and running properly (and confirm the underlying engine) then I should be able to include 550 in my future games :)

not fullscreen? dont suppose u could do a screen grab for me with remote tools?

if you've not got remote tools, then could you tell me which of these it is more like?

with bezel :-

post-2098-1122149555_thumb.jpg

without bezel :-

post-2098-1122149592_thumb.png

(of course a screengrab would really show me exactly what's happening :))

Edited by muff

this is a quick port of the PPC version of SPVMan that 'should' run properly fullscreen on the 550

if someone could please try it and let me know (I dont have a 550 to try it on unfortunately)

as it's a test version it creates a debug.txt file that tells me what it thinks is going on

if it does work properly then obviously I'll disable the debugging and release it properly and then port over SPVInvaders as well

[EDIT there is now a new zip here with 2 exe's in. please could someone try them both and see if they/either work?]

TIA

muff

So thats what you've been up to you sly old dog!

returned my C550 today even tho i got it yday. ive got another c500.... kinda feel bad not havin the c550 but had to return it due to the fact you cannot application unlock it

Guest peekie

seems a shame you returned your c550 as it can be unlocked on both application and simlock , would be nice to have a few full screen games again , heres hoping :D wonder if midnight might return to get eclipse working as well :)

post-2696-1122154064_thumb.jpgBoth work fine muff but still not FULL screen.

hmm, that's just odd - the actual game area is the right size, but it doesn't appear to be drawing the bezel

I'll tinker some more :)

hmm, can u quickly delete the debug file and then just run the 550man.exe one more time and return the debug from that for me?

cos that debug file above seems to suggest that it thinks the game screen is only 176x220

once again it appears that the emulator to real device is not perfect :/

Edited by muff

Guest mavisdavis

her eya go :) 550man.exe

And muff can you remember a couple of years ago somebody working on Lemmings? did it ever evolve...

and the burning Question mate ...WHERE'S KUMITE :D

debug.txt

Edited by mavisdavis

her eya go :) 550man.exe

hmm odd

if you look at the debug file the GAPI line reports itself as being 176x220x16 which is plainly wrong

it would explain all the problems with games + apps tho

could you try this file for me? it's an updated version of a generic tester I put up earlier - want to see if it can get the right info back

550test.zip

And muff can you remember a couple of years ago somebody working on Lemmings? did it ever evolve...
Lemmings is copyright of Sony corporation, so I'm sure that anyone trying to port it over would have to deal with them - and that's a big corporation to get through

and the burning Question mate ...WHERE'S KUMITE :D

well we did let people know the whole saga on this in the AI forum before it was lost to streamlining...

but basically hardware development direction wasn't exactly helpful on this one - we lost 8 way controls and the BT stack stuff wasn't done the way we'd thought it would be during dev (E200 at the time)

the result being that we reluctantly had to put it on indefinate hold as the game was going to be severly compromised by the hardware - as it's turned out the C500 controls were even worse than the E200 for the game

Edited by muff

Guest mavisdavis

to be honest muff what did you come expect of the HTC range . after 3yrs and 5 generations of Smartphone every single version has had something broken.

at this point the message is being passed up the chain, it might turn out to be something that I've done wrong

thanks again for all your testing tho - it is appreciated :)