Got my c550 yesterday

Guest moonshot

Guest Disco Stu

Oh get a room, you too :roll: :)

Actually, can I join the C550 love-in ?

I'm not a fan of plastic socket covers but otherwise I'm very impressed and have not encountered any bugs to speak of.

Is the C500 supposed to be heavier than the C500 because it doesn't feel like it to me ?

Guest Pondrew

Nah, funnily enough the C500 is exactly the same weight as the C500 (unless it gets dust!). :)

Seriously though, think I read that the C550 is slightly heavier...

Guest awarner [MVP]
The C500 not having Bluetooth sending out of the box is a known problem.

It has but it's very poor so Smart Explorer always gets installed first on any new phone I have.

And yep the C550 is slighly heavier than the C500.

Guest moonshot
Errr. Moonshot, if you sent the phone back how have you been able to check that it's been disabled. You are talking about the C550 and not the C500 aren't you?

Just that I'm finding it strange that you seem the only one unable to. If I get a C550 anytime soon I'll check and report back...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had the c550 for a day and was able to check it out before I returned it.

Guest Confucious
I had the c550 for a day and was able to check it out before I returned it.

You seem to be the only person who can't send files via BT on a C550 - it works fine on mine :)

Guest pablo1000

I too have found love with the C550. Just look at it's curves....shiny screen....the way it moves across my desk on vibrate...

Actually, am pretty impressed so far - I had a Sony P800 (aka a liferaft) and the C550 does all I need it too - particularly now I have a 1Gb card in it. Crossing an Ipod of my Christmas list to Santa now..

....all I need is an updated version of TomTom 5 and I'll marry the phone.

Guest Disco Stu

Yes, I'm smitten with my new kitten :cheesy: :)

My only gripes - as with all new girlfrie....sorry, phones - are with the fancier functions; eg. the lack of content for PV Player, Music Player etc. It took a lot of digging at Orange World to find extra tracks for Fireplayer as the 'Get New Stuff' button doesn't seem to work.

I'm also very interested in using the phone as an MP3 player but need to find a proper alternative to the dread WMP. Pocket Music is being updated - any alternatives known ?

Guest Confucious
I'm also very interested in using the phone as an MP3 player but need to find a proper alternative to the dread WMP. Pocket Music is being updated - any alternatives known ?

Stu, I have an addon to my C550 that helps with playing music.

It's called an iPod and a bit of gaffa tape and you hardly notice it's there.....

:)

Edited by Confucious

Guest Disco Stu

Sweee-eeeet !

I tried to stick my SIM card into my MP3 but I couldn't hear the person at the other end. Is this a bug ? :evil:

Arf arf :)