DrBlowGV

yeah, I have the same problem :o

I have deleted and re-unzipped the files back into the HOME folder a couple of times but I only get the top half of the home screen.

any ideas, coz I really want it.........bad!

cheers

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That can only be because you have not installed all the necessary plugins - it even says that 2 posts after the one you quoted. I did add links to everything you need in the first post.

@TigerNet - you can edit the xml to go to any website you want. & you could change the background image if you like, but the background images for the facade tabs bar might look out of place. You could also remove them from the xml if you want.

Edited by drblow

• 1 month later...

had it workin fine on my c550 .. had to hard reset !!

ever since the facade plugin is displayin a small font :S but not only on this screen.. the Facade default also! i know you said to edit the xml but im sure somethings gone wrong with the facade plug in.

maybe because i only unlocked it afta installing facade :?: :??:

Guest Jamma14

Having trouble too Doc, showing a really small font, but only with your screen not the facade default, have tryed reinstalling etc but to no effect...

It might be to do with me only recently installing it and a problem with the latest beta? I installed 0.94 I think it was. In case it helps the vertical line that is meant to be in the middle of calendar/to do list is instead in the middle of to do list. Any idea what is causing this? :o

EDIT: OK looked at the Facade default xml and noticed they had their font size as "normal" so I changed all your sixes to normals in the font-size attributes and the font size is now fine.

Noticed another problem though, the separator is still in the wrong place and when you select the calendar/to do list bar both are highlighted white when one should be grey as in your pic. I've included a pic of what it looks like now.

Any ideas to get it working properly/what bits would I change in the xml to fix this?

Snap001.bmp

Edited by Jamma14

Guest Jasonkruys
Having trouble too Doc, showing a really small font, but only with your screen not the facade default, have tryed reinstalling etc but to no effect...

It might be to do with me only recently installing it and a problem with the latest beta? I installed 0.94 I think it was. In case it helps the vertical line that is meant to be in the middle of calendar/to do list is instead in the middle of to do list. Any idea what is causing this? ;)

EDIT: OK looked at the Facade default xml and noticed they had their font size as "normal" so I changed all your sixes to normals in the font-size attributes and the font size is now fine.

Noticed another problem though, the separator is still in the wrong place and when you select the calendar/to do list bar both are highlighted white when one should be grey as in your pic. I've included a pic of what it looks like now.

Any ideas to get it working properly/what bits would I change in the xml to fix this?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have the same problem on the C500 version. Would be interested to hear if it can be fixed 8)

Sorry, I should have mentioned this earlier, but I have edited the xml (attached here). This one is for qvga screens (& is orange only), so for all other phones, what you'll need to do is copy/paste the facade 'schedule/tasks' portion from this xml over the original section. Any probs let me know. ;)

DrBlowGV2.home.xml

Guest Jasonkruys
Sorry, I should have mentioned this earlier, but I have edited the xml (attached here).  This one is for qvga screens (& is orange only), so for all other phones, what you'll need to do is copy/paste the facade 'schedule/tasks' portion from this xml over the original section.  Any probs let me know.  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry drblow, I'm stupid. Exactly which bit am I copying from this for the C500 Version? :oops:

<!-- Global/default settings for all instances of the Facade Plugin Control -->

<Facade ClearType="1" BlendColor="#90b0df" BlendPercent="70" SelectionColor="#92b6e7" SelectionBorderColor="transparent" 

ShowSelectionBorder="0" 

MaxDays="45"

font-weight="bold" font-size="12" bgcolor="transparent" b-border-color="#92b6e7" t-border-color="#92b6e7" t-border-width="0"  

ShowCompleted="1" ShowPartialLines="0" Wraparound="0" debug="0" UndatedFirst="0"

AlwaysShowToday="1" MinutesPastAppointment="30" ClickAction="view" />

<!-- Facade Plugin Control: This is the tab bar -->

<plugin clsid="{C49CEC80-D445-407C-AA72-C263EDBBAC96}" id="FacadeTabBar" height="24" type="TabBar" viewId="FacadeView" 

BlendColor="transparent" BlendPercent="0" SelectionBorderColor="transparent" ShowSelectionBorder="0" SelectionColor="transparent" 

ShowSeparatorLine="0" SeparatorColor="transparent" >

<Buttons>

</Buttons>	

<Tabs>

<Tab 

type="Schedule" label="Calendar" action="Calendar">

<Text x="54" y="0" font-size="12">

<Text state="selected" fgcolor="#92b6e7"/>

<Text state="unselected" fgcolor="#92b6e7"/>

<Text state="activeSelected" fgcolor="#ffffff"/>

<Text state="active" fgcolor="#92b6e7"/>

</Text>

<Image x="36" y="0"/>

<Background>

<format state="activeSelected" x="35" y="1" bgimage="\Storage\Application Data\Home\DrBlowGV1\gvcal1.jpg"/>

<format state="active" x="35" y="1" bgimage="\Storage\Application Data\Home\DrBlowGV1\gvcal1.jpg"/>

</Background>

<View 

BlendPercent="50" SelectionColor="#92b6e7" padding-left="5" padding-right="5">

<format state="selected" fgcolor="#ffffff"/>

<format state="unselected" fgcolor="#42536f"/>

<heading state="selected" fgcolor="#92b6e7"/>

<heading state="unselected" fgcolor="#92b6e7"/>

</View>

</Tab>

<Tab 

type="Tasks" label="Tasks" action="Tasks">

<Text x="141" y="0" font-size="12">

<Text state="selected" fgcolor="#92b6e7"/>

<Text state="unselected" fgcolor="#92b6e7"/>

<Text state="activeSelected" fgcolor="#ffffff"/>

<Text state="active" fgcolor="#92b6e7"/>

</Text>

<Image x="123" y="0"/>

<Background>

<format state="activeSelected" x="122" y="1" bgimage="\Storage\Application Data\Home\DrBlowGV1\gvtask1.jpg"/>

<format state="active" x="122" y="1" bgimage="\Storage\Application Data\Home\DrBlowGV1\gvtask1.jpg"/>

</Background>

<View 

BlendPercent="50" SelectionColor="#92b6e7" padding-left="5" padding-right="5">

<format state="selected" fgcolor="#ffffff"/>

<format state="unselected" fgcolor="#42536f"/>

<heading state="selected" fgcolor="#92b6e7"/>

<heading state="unselected" fgcolor="#92b6e7"/>

</View>

</Tab>

</Tabs>

</plugin>

<!-- Facade Plugin Pane: This is the pane that shows the info for each tab -->

<plugin clsid="{C49CEC80-D445-407C-AA72-C263EDBBAC96}" id="FacadeView" height="72" ShowPartialLines="0" BlendColor="#92b6e7" BlendPercent="70" SelectionColor="#92b6e7" />

<View state="selected" fgcolor="#000000" SelectionColor="#92b6e7" BlendPercent="80" />

That bit! ;) Just open the xml file in notepad, find the sections that are the same as above, then copy/paste this over the original version.

Guest Lynswin

Ok, so how can a complete dimwit who knows nothing about xml file editing get the font a bit larger on the homescreen (for the tasks and calendar items)?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Fab homescreen BTW!

Lynda

Thank Lynda, glad you like it! :D You should download the new version of the xml file at the top of this page. It is for C550 only, so if you need help copying it for another phone, then let me know. ;)

Guest zyphlar

Hi DrBlow,

Your plugins and themes are the best ever... I'd love to get them to work on my Cingular SMT5600 (C500), but I can't find the Orange plugin required-- I would find someone with an Orange phone, but it's a long flight. Is there any way someone can offer the plugin online?

Thanks!

Edited by zyphlar

Thanks zyphlar - and welcome to modaco! ;)

Unfortunately the orange plugin was never released commercially, and so it is unavailable unless you purchase an orange phone, or else install an orange ROMN on your phone. It's a shame I know! :evil:

I did do a version included in this zip file for non-orange phones, but obviously it lacks all the functionality of the O plugin.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chizzle3110

Hope you can help, i have managed to put all the files in the correct place, downloaded the plugin

but the features, eg bat life memory etc etc none of them are showing

i select the skin as my home screen layout and leave the colour scheme and background image as default,

Help please i am a bit of a novice??????

Guest chizzle3110
Sounds like you just need to install the plugins.  Refer to the 1st post for links to what you need.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Magic found the other plugins i missed, everything working,

The only other thing i couldnt grasp of the other posts is how to change the font size on the todo list and calander

Thanx Chizzle

• 2 weeks later...
Sounds like you just need to install the plugins.  Refer to the 1st post for links to what you need.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Right. Excuse me if I'm being a touch on the thick/blind side :oops: but I'll be blown if I can find any kind of instructions anywhere on how to install the smartmonitor plugin. Where do I need to put the files? 'Cos they don't do anything in the 'home' folder.

Other plugins say they installed properly when I ran them from my PC, but the Smartmonitor thing is really vexing me! :x

Guest Disco Stu

SmartMonitor comes as a cab file.

Paste it into \Storage \Windows \Start Menu \Accessories and look for the new icon in the phone's Accessories folder in the Programs menu. Click on it and it will install itself.

Restart the phone to make sure everything is 'bedded down' correctly :)

Guest Disco Stu
I hope this isnt a stupid question, is there any way I can run this theme on a Qtek 8310 that is not an "orange" version ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Welcome to the forum :)

See post #10 in the first page

Guest Disco Stu
Just installed this awesome homescreen, but it looks like it's not picking up the Signal/Carrier via SmartMonitor :)

homescreen.gif

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A lot of us are having the same problem but we're not worrying too much about it.

You could check the SBSH forum - Facade resources section - to see if there is a solution in the skin's page there.

Click here?

This skin rocks big time anyway 8)

Guest killer_ante
No, unfortunately the orange plugin is only available on orange phones.  You'll be able to use the 2000 version I have just uploaded, but it wont include the scrolling icons along the top.

& I would rather upload things according to forum policy - apart from anything else it alows me to easily track how many downloads each screen has had.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ok.. where can I find the 2000 - version ?

Disco Stu: Thanx :)

A lot of us are having the same problem but we're not worrying too much about it.

You could check the SBSH forum - Facade resources section - to see if there is a solution in the skin's page there.

Click here?

This skin rocks big time anyway  8)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Disco Stu, I went ahead and reinstalled smart monitor per the advice in the link and everything is working fine now. I also have a new forum to start browsing 8) Thanks again.

Guest chizzle3110

Does Anybody know how to make the text bigger for the to do list and the calander

????????????????????????????????????????????

Edited by chizzle3110

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.