DrBlowGV

Guest drblow

[1115]GVscreenshots.gif

File Name :: DrBlowGV

Author :: drblow

Category :: Smartphone Homescreens QVGA

Description ::

Here is my first homescreen for the C550, for those who like their screens functional! :( It is applicable only to the C550 at the moment as it uses the Orange shortcut plugin and is QVGA (obv), however I'll be working on versions for other devices soon enough.

This is also my first screen to feature the most excellent Facade from SBSH (can't possibly recommend the & their products highly enough! :D ). This plugin is still in beta stage & as progresses, so will this screen. To take part in the beta & download the latest version, go HERE, and look for the smartphone forum. You'll need to register (free) for the beta (free), but you won't regret it - if you are not familiar with SBSH then get familiar! You're smartphone will love you for it! :D

The orange plugin along the top features messages, profile, alldayevent, missed calls, and an IE link to hotmail (or whatever website you want of you edit the xml). It also features RJ Time and SmartMonitor.

As I will be updating this screen in the near future, for now it's just a case of copying the files to your phone via activesync, so install the plugins, then unzip the zip and copy the xml file & folder into Storage\Application Data\Home.

Any problems or comments then post 'em! ;)

The graphics in this screen are based on & inspired by the excellent work & beautiful website of the Smart GV smartphone development company. Go check out their fab (& mostly free) products. The graphics have been reworked & reproduced with the kind permission of Emmanuel! ;)

'nuff plugs! :)

Enjoy.

Updated Mon, Jan 30 2006 10:06 pm

View File

Guest Dr_StrangeTrick

Excellent work Drblow very nice indeed.

One question in the DRBLOWGV1 folder is GVICONS.EXE does this belong here :??: should I run this :??: or just leave it :??:

Look forward to many more :)

Guest awarner [MVP]

Nice one ;)

I notice it makes the phone react slightly slower, unless it's just me :)

Still going to be my homescreen of choice for a while now or until a C550 compatable animated homescreen comes out.

Guest drblow
Excellent work Drblow very nice indeed.

One question in the DRBLOWGV1 folder is GVICONS.EXE does this belong here :??: should I run this :??: or just leave it :??:

Look forward to many more :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

;) Don't worry - it's just an icon resource! It just lives in the images folder in your home folder. You don't need to do anything.

Ash - I agree, it does make the screen react a little slower, but that seems to happen to me quite a bit when I use the orange shortcuts plugin with lots of background images. I guess I'm maxing out the homescreen engine!! Anyway, glad y'all like it! :(

Guest tonijj
C500 version on it's way!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Still waiting......tap......tap...... :)

I might even consider sticking with my C500 just because of this HS. (Im switching to the I-Mate Jam)

Guest drblow
Still waiting......tap......tap...... :)

I might even consider sticking with my C500 just because of this HS. (Im switching to the I-Mate Jam)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is an Orange c500 you have, yeah? This homescreen only works the way it does because of the orange shortcuts plugin.

I'll upload it today, so hopefully it'll be available here soon. ;)

Guest tonijj
It is an Orange c500 you have, yeah?  This homescreen only works the way it does because of the orange shortcuts plugin.

I'll upload it today, so hopefully it'll be available here soon. :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well no :D Its a Qtek 8010, but isnt the plugin available anywhere? Oh, and you're welcome to upload the .cab/.exe here as well, then we (I) dont have to wait for it to be approved ;) What can I say, I just think its awesome, give me :)

Guest drblow
Well no  :(  Its a Qtek 8010, but isnt the plugin available anywhere? Oh, and you're welcome to upload the .cab/.exe here as well, then we (I) dont have to wait for it to be approved  ;)  What can I say, I just think its awesome, give me  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, unfortunately the orange plugin is only available on orange phones. You'll be able to use the 2000 version I have just uploaded, but it wont include the scrolling icons along the top.

& I would rather upload things according to forum policy - apart from anything else it alows me to easily track how many downloads each screen has had.

Guest jankalab

Hey drblow... that's a very nice theme! But i've got one problem while installing. I do have a orange spv c550, but when i copied all files to the /application data/home directory i cannot see the whole theme.

Can you help me with saying how to install this theme?

And i also downloaded that program facade you mentioned at the theme's download page.

Thanks in advance

Vincent

Guest Dr_StrangeTrick

Hi Jankalab I had the same problem the first time I tried it.

When you unzip the homescreen nearly all the files are in a folder, make sure that this folder in in your HOME folder.

DrBlow, can I make one tiny request :??: I don't use icon bars, could we have a slight variation with say the Fizz Traveller plugin instead please :??:

Guest Confucious

Just installed this and it looks great but, Top row of icons can be selected, press down and can select calendar or To Do List OK, press down again and it takes me to my calendar entries but when I press down again everything shifts up the screen so the "Thursday" of the date is at the top of the screen and everything below it (apart from the background) shifts up.

Any ideas what I've done wrong?

Thanks for a great homescreen BTW, if I can sort this out I'll certainly be keeping it for a while :)

Also, I've just noticed when Menu options are "greyed out" the highlight bar is the same colour as the text so you can't actually see what's highlighted, is this by design?

Kudos to all homscreen developers. However, I've been trying to get the clock onto the Taskbar but couldnt. I've also searched the web and disappointingly there isnt any. Could someone do this: put the clock on the Taskbar?

Thanks

Guest drblow
Just installed this and it looks great but, Top row of icons can be selected, press down and can select calendar or To Do List OK, press down again and it takes me to my calendar entries but when I press down again everything shifts up the screen so the "Thursday" of the date is at the top of the screen and everything below it (apart from the background) shifts up.

Any ideas what I've done wrong?

Thanks for a great homescreen BTW, if I can sort this out I'll certainly be keeping it for a while :)

Also, I've just noticed when Menu options are "greyed out" the highlight bar is the same colour as the text so you can't actually see what's highlighted, is this by design?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Em ... dunno about that! Do you not have smartmonitor underneath the facade plugin? Have you installed all the plugins? If so, try uninstall everything, then reinstall plugins first then homescreen. Then reboot & select the screen again. Lemme know what happens!

Oh the colour thing is not by concious design, but it's easy to change if you want to edit the xml - change COLOR_GREYTEXT.

;)

Guest shocam

Home screen looks great but.....

I have installed the facade from SBSH, and put your file and folder in the home dir but the font is tiny, almost unreadable and the bottom row of icons has ended up in the middle of the screen and the battery/mem meter box is blank.....

Is there something i am missing here (a plugin or somethin)?

Cheers

Mike

Edited by shocam

Guest shocam
you need to install facade, smartmonitor + rjtime plugins, as described in the 1st post. you can increase the font size of facade in the xml.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

id missed smartmonitor and rjtime plugins........sorry :oops:

got it working and it is GREAT.

Thanks

Mike

Guest tommytom

Yo Master Blow !

I started fiddeling with my own screen, but it seems you made it absolete for me to do so ;-)

I use my spv550 as a mp3 player (1Gb holds all the Tom Waits and Tom Lehrers there are), secretary (do this do that), mother (it's aunties birthday), public servant (when's the next train to zurich) etc etc now thanks to you available without menu hopping !

Just one little thing, I also use it as my alarm clock so I would be over the moon if I also had something like the HIL Alarm plug-in included.

tnx

Tommy 8)

knowledge is the only resource that grows when you share it

Guest LadFromWales85

I've noticed that the signal percentage is really laggy. I was watching it while on bus to work today, between two locations where phones slowly go to poor signal, then totally out, then slowly back to full reception...the percentage stayed at 97% the whole time, yet when I went into a menu, the real signal bar showed no signal.

Also, if one misses a call, it is not obvious that its there by just looking at the screen, as it isn't visable when the default text message selection is on. I know the right soft key changes to 'Call History' but I don't always notice that, or I might have waiting text messages too...

Guest advised pie
Hey drblow... that's a very nice theme! But i've got one problem while installing. I do have a orange spv c550, but when i copied all files to the /application data/home directory i cannot see the whole theme.

Can you help me with saying how to install this theme?

And i also downloaded that program facade you mentioned at the theme's download page.

Thanks in advance

Vincent

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah, I have the same problem :o

I have deleted and re-unzipped the files back into the HOME folder a couple of times but I only get the top half of the home screen.

any ideas, coz I really want it.........bad!

cheers

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.