More news and nice pics of C600!

Guest hunyango_uk

Guest shuurajou
The C600 is NOT in the new Orange magazine for October. however the M1500 and M5000 ARE

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Most likely delayed for the new C550 package.

Guest sporkguy
Most likely delayed for the new C550 package.

We got the Music Packages on Monday, made an attempt to book them onto stock, which fell on its arse. Eventually myself and my manager got it on.

HOWEVER, try scanning it through any ERP till and it doesn't recognise the talkplans, so we have to manually sell them with manual trading receipts - oh the fun.

Except the C600 no time soon.

Guest dasingh

According to the HTC chart the C600 is the same as the imate SP5

So in theory should have wi-fi as well, cant see why Orange would take away such as good feature

HTC Chart

Personally I like the look of the SP5 over the c600, looks too much like my current c500

Guest dasingh

Spoke to Orange CS last night and was told that the C600 should be available anytime soon and that it DOES have WiFi

Double checked with him about the WiFi and he said yeah it does

Guest Pondrew
According to the HTC chart the C600 is the same as the imate SP5

So in theory should have wi-fi as well, cant see why Orange would take away such as good feature

HTC Chart

Personally I like the look of the SP5 over the c600, looks too much like my current c500

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That chart says many things, some of which are far from accurate, it doesn't even get the HTC Alpine on Orange designation right (it's the SPV M1500 NOT the M2500). If that's an official chart from HTC I'll be very very surprised.

Spoke to Orange CS last night and was told that the C600 should be available anytime soon and that it DOES have WiFi

Double checked with him about the WiFi and he said yeah it does

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're not the first to be told that. Sorry but I'm not convinced.

That chart says many things, some of which are far from accurate, it doesn't even get the HTC Alpine on Orange designation right (it's the SPV M1500 NOT the M2500). If that's an official chart from HTC I'll be very very surprised.

You're not the first to be told that. Sorry but I'm not convinced.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As far as i know (and I've got my sources), the actual hardware has a WiFi module embedded, and it is up to the Operator to enable this in software. Last i heard Orange hadn't made up their minds and thus it was assumed WiFi was out (as seen in early prototypes).

Since this is a software issue, I would be surprised if a developer couldn't unlock this given sufficient time. Even orange might release a ROM upgrade later on to enable the functionality!

Just my 0.02p

AL

Edited by drfonz

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sgt_Strider
Yep ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Alright and damn, I just wish Cingular would just release the version that Imate is using for SP5. IMO the body on that is a million times better than the design for the C600!