More news and nice pics of C600!

Guest hunyango_uk

hopefully orange UK WILL have it as WM05... and hopefully it WILL come out before next year...sorry just extremely annoyed with orange uk

Edited by Tech

Guest hunyango_uk
sorry just extremely annoyed with orange uk

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hmmmmmmm................. welcome to the club.

but extremely is not the word for me, just slightly annoyed(you'll get used to their system soon) :o

Edited by hunyango_uk

.....no 3g either....got EDGE though & as far as i am aware orange dont do EDGE in the uk :?:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

not entirely correct. Orange has deployed hundereds of EDGE enabled sites due to go live very soon.

Guest TigerNet
not entirely correct. Orange has deployed hundereds of EDGE enabled sites due to go live very soon.

...interesting...where do we find out more about this?

Cheers

Nick

Guest chrisbpr
sorry for bein a n00b but whats EDGE?! (talkin bout the wrestler on wwe? lol)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

think of it as GPRS on speed.it should be fairly straight forward to impliment it on existing GPRS networks with speeds ariund 160kps...hope that helps

Guest hamsammich
hopefully orange UK WILL have it as WM05... and hopefully it WILL come out before next year...sorry just extremely annoyed with orange uk

You think Orange in the UK is bad? Try living in the U.S. where we only get scant leftovers of all the cool phones that are released overseas...

I hate being in the U.S. for technological reasons. I'd sure like to get a shot at some of the cool stuff that will never hit our shores.

:evil:

Guest shuurajou
...interesting...where do we find out more about this?

Cheers

Nick

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just drive around almondsbury in Bristol and you'll pickup EDGE if your on Orange - and have a phone capable of it.

Edited by shuurajou

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah EDGE is definitely is coming to the UK on the Orange network, similar strategy to Orange France. See

here

What HTC need to work on is a phone with UMTS and EDGE so that you will have high speed data whether you are in London or out in rural areas. I think the Nokia 6680 has both.

*disappointment*

I'd hoped for more, really. From the sounds of it, it still has 4/5 way joystick? Does it have the same CPU as the C550?

Oh well, still looking like it's my current upgrade option of choice in November, unless another low-end smartphone comes out before then. Hopefully there will be some nice WM5 and QVGA software out by then :o

Guest shuurajou

Aim for C600 I believe is to launch in October - same as the iMate SP5 - however, the launch of the new music package for the C550 will most likely delay that I think.

Orange will role out EDGE - but I don't believe it's going to be marketed.

Guest Maikeul
You think Orange in the UK is bad? Try living in the U.S. where we only get scant leftovers of all the cool phones that are released overseas...

I hate being in the U.S. for technological reasons. I'd sure like to get a shot at some of the cool stuff that will never hit our shores.

:evil:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what are you whining about? Asia (namely Japan, Korea) is only literally 7 years ahead of America's mobile phone technology

America is still one or two years ahead of europe, but I'm not sure about UK

Guest azamsaghir
Aim for C600 I believe is to launch in October - same as the iMate SP5 - however, the launch of the new music package for the C550 will most likely delay that I think.

Orange will role out EDGE - but I don't believe it's going to be marketed.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What's this new music package for C550 all about please?

Rgds

Azam

Guest Pondrew
...America is still one or two years ahead of europe, but I'm not sure about UK

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmmm. When I lived in North America (2001, Toronto, Canada with brief visits to New York, USA) the Wireless Devices were embarrasingly behind. I bought a Mitsubishi that admittedly was a (cheap) bottom of the range mobile even then but which (under the brand name Trium) had been discontinued in the UK over a year before. Colour screens were rare as anything and wowed over while outdated Nokias (again devices that the UK had previously discontinued) were the staple mobiles. They didn't even have the Nokia 3210 (a by then outdated mobile in the UK that looked worlds better then the brick Nokias were selling in North America).

Surely Europe isn't that far behind us in the UK?!

Guest shuurajou
What's this new music package for C550 all about please?

Rgds

Azam

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not out yet, wait and see - it's coming. Nothing different on the handset really, just different stuff with it.

Guest chrisbpr

any1 got any clue to when this handset is going to be realeased as my contract runs out on tuesday & some of the nokia/se handsets look tempting ( to be truthful the only thing thats holding me up is various syncing issues on the nokia/se units)

Guest shuurajou

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Promise you it'll have WM05. Every documentation I've seen within Orange currently boasts about it having WM05.

any1 got any clue to when this handset is going to be realeased as my contract runs out on tuesday & some of the nokia/se handsets look tempting ( to be truthful the only thing thats holding me up is various syncing issues onĀ  the nokia/se units)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think it was planning for October, but I honestly think it'll be late Oct if it's within Oct.