Unlocking an SPV M500

Guest boxalld

Guest vodkagirl001

Yes I also used the XDA's unlock download. The 1.6v version, it took about 12 attemps (which I read on the huge thread on there it can take manay attempts on the M500) and then it worked fine with no problems at all.....oh well appart from trying to get the correct settings for the O2 GPRS but thats my own fault lol.

If you use XDA's tool tip 1 : make sure you copy the file in to the root directory and run it from there and tip 2 : do not have ANY sim cards in your phone when running the programme.

Good Luck

Guest allantown
Its ok guys I have found out how to do it and have now unlocked my M500... If you need yours doing let me know

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

any chance you can email me how to unlock my m500 buddy any help appreciated

cheers Big Al

Guest vodkagirl001
any chance you can email me how to unlock my m500 buddy any help appreciated

cheers Big Al

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you read page one of this thread there is a post about half way down from t5chav which gives you details how to get the the link for full details on unlocking. I have quoted it below. Basically follow the link he posed changing the ??? for xda and the first post in the thread it points to download the file the V1.6 to your PC. Sync your phone to your PC and then copy and paste the file in to your root directory on your phone (no SIM in the phone) run the file from the phone and you will either get a failed message or a SIM unlocked message....if you get a failed message I recommend you try running it about 12-20 times (as someone advised me) as it took 12 goes b4 mine worked. It only takes about 5 seconds to run successfully. If still will not unlock then post the log file at the end of the thread on the XDA forum and someone will help you!

hope I have halped ;)

I unlocked my M500 using the xda unlock tool, although it still kept asking for the unlock pin - turns out you have to enter 0000 or 000000 (can't remember which) but since then it worked fine even after a hard reset and rom upgrade.

Go to http://forum.???-developers.com/viewtopic.php?p=135697  (substitute the ??? for xda)i couldn't insert the hyperlink on the site- sorry if this post is illegal and understand if it's deleted, you will have to register to download the tool though...

Cheers

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

• 4 months later...
Hi Can you let me know how to unlock my M500. Service Provider Locked is displayed on the screen?

;)

Everything you need can be found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/viewtopic....der=asc&start=0

The latest version of the Unlock tool (v1.6) supports the M500. It did not work first time for me but I tried it again (using the PC Dos prompt method) and it worked perfectly. Enjoy!

• 3 months later...
Guest Rajshah
I unlocked mine using unlock tool with worked fine :D no problems at all...

Email me guys and you can have the tool for free.......

Hi,

Please email me the bits..thanks

Guest poltn6

Hi all,

I've just been battling with my M500 this morning.

Ran the xdadev all unlock v1.6. It said the phone was unlocked. Put new O2 sim in, network locked, please enter unlock code. Tried all the 00000000 type codes, didnt work. Put orange sim in. Network locked still.

Maybe obvious to some of you, but I removed the sim and started up, that way I could put an unlock app on the phone. This time I used the v1.5 of all unlock.

Rebooted with orange sim. Worked.

Rebooted with O2 sim, needed code which was '0000' (four zero's).

Working fine! Cheers!

Pol

Guest hanyrafat

HOW COULD YOU MAKE IT ??????

I HAVE THE PROGRAME XDL and i don't know how to run it in my phone or i coped it to my phone but i can't find it in my phone or i don't know how to find it in my SPV M500

thanks for your help

Guest hanyrafat

can you tel me how could you copy the XDL from your pc to your phone and where you copy it in the phone

because i have the programe XDL and i don't know how to unlock my phone

thanks alot for helping me

Just stumbled across this topic again having seen in ages ago. I just got a Vario II yesterday, and was looking for an unlocker for my M500 so that i can maybe pass it onto a mate to use.

Used version 1.6 of the tool, it displayed a success message but I got the locked screen when i switched the phone on with a sim. I got a bit worried but took the sim out, soft resetted, ran the unlocker and it works now!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mrplatypus

I've managed to unlock my phone .. however, the phone refuses to acknowledge the Orange Sim Card?

Any ideas?

** UPDATE ** the phone doesn't recognise a vodafone sim card either ..

Edited by mrplatypus

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...