Unlocking an SPV M500

Guest boxalld

Guest boxalld
How do you unlock the SPV M500 ??? I want my M500 to take other SIM Cards as well as the Orange Card...

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its ok guys I have found out how to do it and have now unlocked my M500... If you need yours doing let me know

Guest mutleyboy

cant comment on the m500, but i can confirm that the unlock all tool worked for me on an MDA compact, and on the VPA compact(vodafone's version), which is all packaged up ready for sale

Guest Pondrew

That's the interesting thing. Although both the MDA Compact and SPV M500 are HTC Magicians, the SPV M500 has a different model number. And although the tool is known to work with the MDA Compact model it's been found to cause problems with the M500.

Guest boxalld
Orange will do it for a £15/£20 admin fee, no?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I unlocked mine using unlock tool with worked fine :) no problems at all...

Email me guys and you can have the tool for free.......

I unlocked my M500 using the xda unlock tool, although it still kept asking for the unlock pin - turns out you have to enter 0000 or 000000 (can't remember which) but since then it worked fine even after a hard reset and rom upgrade.

Go to http://forum.???-developers.com/viewtopic.php?p=135697 (substitute the ??? for xda)i couldn't insert the hyperlink on the site- sorry if this post is illegal and understand if it's deleted, you will have to register to download the tool though...

Cheers

Edited by p2daz

Guest pilkeith

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I also used the XDA unlocking tool and was asked to enter the unlock code. I did this and put in my T-mobile sim card but now it says "service provider is locked, please input unlock code". I am stuck here as i am unable to use my SPV while this message exists.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I also used the XDA unlocking tool and was asked to enter the unlock code. I did this and put in my T-mobile sim card but now it says "service provider is locked, please input unlock code". I am stuck here as i am unable to use my SPV while this message exists.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try 00000000 this should unlock it

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jonewels

I'm having the "Service Provider is locked, Please input unlock code" problem on my M500. I've tried hard rebooting but this message just appears again.

I've tried putting in all of the following with no luck.

Any ideas?

Guest pilkeith

i think what i did was to do a total hard reset and then put the xda unlock tool on again but not run it. I made sure that i had my new network sim card in (not the orange one) then ran the unlcok programme. I had to enter the code once then it was all fine.

Good luck

Guest stranger
i think what i did was to do a total hard reset and then put the xda unlock tool on again but not run it. I made sure that i had my new network sim card in (not the orange one) then ran the unlcok programme. I had to enter the code once then it was all fine.

Good luck

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hi im in serious need of a network unlock code. i rang orange up and they gave me 1111 which doesnt work on the fone. i tried hard resetting but its still asking me for the code. can someone please help?

please........!

Guest jonewels
hi im in serious need of a network unlock code. i rang orange up and they gave me 1111 which doesnt work on the fone. i tried hard resetting but its still asking me for the code. can someone please help?

please........!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I managed to unlock it at last. It was more complicated that I would expect with there possibly being an easier way.

I loaded up used Remote Process Viewer on my PC which ships with Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 to kill a SIMLock.exe (I think thats what it was called) process running on the phone. It did take a few attempts at killing it though.

Once I'd killed that process the screen asking for the unlock code disappeared and I was able to run the unlock app again, this time it worked.

Guest mavisdavis

oops it keeps asking for a code.lol

Why cant I just leave things alone :)

EDIT

I Used Jeyo mobile companion to kill SIMLock.exe then ran the unlock tool again and its up n running on Orange and O2 thank god :D

Edited by mavisdavis