Complete Instructions On How To Install Skype On The T-Mobile SDA
1. Download Skype for the PPC (www.skype.com). You will need to save the .CAB file to your desktop. Then extract it with winzip.
2. You then need to rename the files as I have below. You don’t do anything with any of the other files that get extracted.
000Boing.002 -> Boing.wav
000Skype.001 -> Skype.exe
SKYPED~1.003 -> SkypeDialer.dll
3. Since the usability of Skype is based on the speed of your processor you will need to over clock the processor. I have tested this program and made phone calls with and without over clocking the SDA. With no over clocking there is a 3 second lag in voice from SDA to PC, and about 20 seconds from SDA to Landline. When I over clocked the processor to 240mhz there was no delay from SDA to PC, and about 1 second from SDA to Landline.
Download the over clock program here http://forum.xda-dev...oad.php?id=9181
(you must register to be able to see the program…takes 2 seconds)
4. Now put all 4 files (including the over clocking program) in Windows directory of the phone either copying them from your memory card to that directory or by the same instructions as below for the shortcut..
5. Now since I never use T-Zones I edited that shortcut to launch Skype by doing this:
Open a new notepad file. Paste this in the file 19#WindowsSkype.exe (there should be forward slashes between the # and the W and between the s and S. This forum doesn't allow that character... sorry ..=)
Save the file as Short_AP1.lnk (make sure you choose all files or it will save it as a text.)
6. Create a new folder on your desktop called “Windows”
7. Put the shortcut file in that folder.
8. Now sync your SDA. Open up the file explorer in active sync. Drag the Windows folder you created onto “My Windows Based Mobile Device”. It will ask you if you want to replace all the files in that folder. You will choose yes. Then you will chose overwrite. If it doesn’t ask you to overwrite the file, then you didn’t save the .lnk file correctly,
9. Now you will have to download Pocket Controller Pro. You will need this because you have to actually tap the sign in button and you don’t have a touch screen on your SDA.
10. Now download Skype on your PC. You will need to create a login name and etc. Now since Skye wasn’t made for a non-touch screen PDA, you will need to add contacts for landline numbers so you will be able to call them from your phone. YOU MUST PUT A “+” IN FROMT OF THE AREA CODE OR COUNTY CODE. (+14055551212) Otherwise you can’t dial on the SDA using the Skype dialer. You can only call your “contacts” I only use Skype to call a landline number in South Africa, so it didn’t bother me.
10.Just install it the controller above and run it after you registered with Skype. Also go ahead and run the over clocking program and over clock your processor to 240 MHz (No higher!)
11. After you have your WIFI connection established, hit your T-Zones button and launch Skype. It will ask you to log in. This is where you will need to use the Controller above to do so. Once you do this once you can check the box that says automatically log me in. Then you will never need to do this again.
12. Now use the dpad joystick to select your contact and press down… this will dial them. Then press down again to hang up..