phq3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:2125
Has anyone played with this?
Here's the link:
http://msdn.microsof...CallingCard.asp

It demonstrates how to create an application that allows a user to make a calling-card phone call directly from the Contacts screen.

Which sounds exactly like what a lot of people are looking for.
I tried to installing the SDK but it needs Visual Studio 2005 and I'm not ready to uninstall my VS 2003 yet. :cry:

phq3

phq3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:2125
I finally got around doing this. Works pretty nicely. Here's the cab file.

Make sure you change these registry settings and reboot before using it:

Registry settings

The calling-card registry settings are automatically provisioned by the CAB file. They are stored under the following registry key:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\CallingCard
There are four values under this key:

Number
[REG_SZ] The calling-card phone number.
Pin
[REG_SZ] The calling-card Personal Identification Number (PIN). This must be a numeric value.
Pause1
[REG_DWORD] The number of pauses between connecting to the calling-card service and the prompt for the PIN. Each pause is about two seconds long. A value of zero indicates that the phone application will wait for you to press Talk before sending the PIN.
Pause2
[REG_DWORD] The number of pauses between inputting the PIN and the prompt for the number being dialed. Each pause is about two seconds long. A value of zero indicates that the phone application will wait for you to press Talk before sending the PIN.

Attached Files

zavtrak

zavtrak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile MDA

Here is the problem I have with this CAB. When used with GoogleMaps ... they interfere with each other. If I install CallingCard AFTER GoogleMaps ... no Context menu for CallingCard appears in Contacts.
If I install CallingCard BEFORE GoogleMaps ... both GM and CC context menu appear, but when I select something like "Call work using calling card" it tries to use GoogleMaps instead :)

jackal424

jackal424

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:HTC Touch Pro

Hey will this works for windows mobile 6.0?

Besides the registry tweaks is there anything else that I'd need to do? If I dial a contact from the contacts list, will it automatically dial this calling card number?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users