Windows Mobile Version 5.0 SDK Calling Card

Guest phq3

Has anyone played with this?

Here's the link:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default....CallingCard.asp

It demonstrates how to create an application that allows a user to make a calling-card phone call directly from the Contacts screen.

Which sounds exactly like what a lot of people are looking for.

I tried to installing the SDK but it needs Visual Studio 2005 and I'm not ready to uninstall my VS 2003 yet. :cry:

• 2 months later...
Guest phq3

I finally got around doing this. Works pretty nicely. Here's the cab file.

Make sure you change these registry settings and reboot before using it:

Registry settings

The calling-card registry settings are automatically provisioned by the CAB file. They are stored under the following registry key:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\CallingCard

There are four values under this key:

Number

[REG_SZ] The calling-card phone number.

Pin

[REG_SZ] The calling-card Personal Identification Number (PIN). This must be a numeric value.

Pause1

[REG_DWORD] The number of pauses between connecting to the calling-card service and the prompt for the PIN. Each pause is about two seconds long. A value of zero indicates that the phone application will wait for you to press Talk before sending the PIN.

Pause2

[REG_DWORD] The number of pauses between inputting the PIN and the prompt for the number being dialed. Each pause is about two seconds long. A value of zero indicates that the phone application will wait for you to press Talk before sending the PIN.

CallingCardCab.CAB

• 1 year later...
Guest zavtrak

Here is the problem I have with this CAB. When used with GoogleMaps ... they interfere with each other. If I install CallingCard AFTER GoogleMaps ... no Context menu for CallingCard appears in Contacts.

If I install CallingCard BEFORE GoogleMaps ... both GM and CC context menu appear, but when I select something like "Call work using calling card" it tries to use GoogleMaps instead :)

• 1 year later...
Guest jackal424

Hey will this works for windows mobile 6.0?

Besides the registry tweaks is there anything else that I'd need to do? If I dial a contact from the contacts list, will it automatically dial this calling card number?