• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Jygar

Jygar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade, Torch 9800
Has anyone tried this I read in another topic that some has tried it but wanted to know if everything is going to work after the reflash.

Only had my MDA a day and really want to see if I can get Wifi Support I got this back from T-Mobile today which made me nervous:

Hello ***,

Thank you for your email about the MDA Compact 2.

You are correct that currently there is a problem with SDIO cards not working in the device. Unfortunately I cannot guarentee if the ROM updated scheduled for the second quarter of this year will resolve these issues or not.

The update is still currently in the process of being tested and as such the content of it is subject to change before the release date.

I'm sorry I could not give you a straight answer on this subject, I hope this does not put you off the idea of getting an MDA Compact 2 with us.

If I can be of any further assistance please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Kind regards

Ross
Escalation Desk
Technical Data & Multimedia Support (TDMS)

Cheers for any help.

Jygar

Edited by Jygar, 22 March 2006 - 03:20 PM.

Jygar
--------------------
Orange (I miss Vodafone 900MHz)
--------------------
5110, A2618, 3210, 3330, 7210, 6100, Z600, K700i, W800i, V3R, Vario II, Vario III, C905, 6230, HTC Magic, Bold 9700, Torch 9800, ZTE Blade

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,216 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
Wonder if that means Charmer is getting AKU2?

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

James

James

AKA 'jlowap' MoDaCo Old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,544 posts
  • Interests:3D Mech Design, Music, DJing and drinking ;)
  • Devices:Desire HD & iPhone
got to be... sooner the better ;)

James Lovell

Jygar

Jygar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade, Torch 9800

got  to  be...  sooner  the  better  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Looks like the JAMin has just recieved its update, I am so tempted to try it. If it buggers up can i restore using the T-Mob ROM?

Also at this lack of action by T-Mob i am seriously considering getting the Vario at this rate, I am still within my return scope? What you guys reckon £50 for WiFi and a tacky KB and Pen(Stylus)?

Jygar
--------------------
Orange (I miss Vodafone 900MHz)
--------------------
5110, A2618, 3210, 3330, 7210, 6100, Z600, K700i, W800i, V3R, Vario II, Vario III, C905, 6230, HTC Magic, Bold 9700, Torch 9800, ZTE Blade

dave106

dave106

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Devices:ULTiMATE 8502
the camera doesnt work on the jamin rom and believe me ive tried to fix it!!!

Posted Image

kaf

kaf

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Devices:xda ii
The Jamin ROM does seem to have a more solid 'feel' on the charmer - can't quite put my finger on it --- all seems to work much more solidly - except the camera unfortunately

Also unfortunately I can confirm the Jamin ROM - DOES NOT fix the SD Wi-fi issue (Feb ROM - Haven't tried latest).

I feel T-Mobile probably are fairly 'inocent' in all this - My view is that the Charmer is essentially a slighlty cut down JAMIN - lower res camera and no (or a disabled) wi-fi chip and that this probably causes a problem with SD wi-fi that it didn't even occur for anyone to check ---- a bit like where you sometimes have to disable an onboard piece of hardware on a PC Sys-brd for another peice of hardware of the same type you want to add yourself to work - or else they conflict

dave106

dave106

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Devices:ULTiMATE 8502
the new jamin aku2 is fantastically stable and fast. heres hoping t-mobiles aku2 will be just as good.

Posted Image

Pondrew

Pondrew

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,404 posts
  • Devices:MDA Vario II
Well, the Compact II update has long been anticipated as due in March. They're running out of time with regard meeting that one.

Still, here's hoping...

fUNKUS

fUNKUS

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Devices:MDA Compact II
hehe it still says the rom update is 'due in march 2006' on the website. But all correspondane ive had has said 'in the second quarter' which means due in June! so its obviously been put back, theyre just too damn lazy to change it on the website, i mean it took them weeks to work out that they had a picture of the wrong device on the download page....im not impressed, very sloppy work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users