MioMap

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest zoidy
Does anyone else's crash frequently when calculating a route?

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Paul,

Did you get MioMap with the phone? Or buy it seperately? I cannot get MioMap 2.0 to even install. But Tom Tom 5 works fine though.

Pete.

Guest Paul [MVP]

It came with it... I couldn't install it either until I manually downloaded MSVCRT8... what error are you getting?

I have both MioMap and TomTom on there now ;)

P

Guest zoidy

Hi Paul,

It just wont install from PC via the disc. Keeps saying it cannot find the device. So I installed the Cab file directly on the A701 which installs fine but when running MioMap an error just says 'the UCF-Path does not exist.' with a blue screen!

But I wonder if the MioMap I have is only for a specific device and not generally for all GPS PDAs.

Pete.

Edited by zoidy

Guest Paul [MVP]

Hmmm!

Have you put a map in the root of the SD?

You're activesync'd up when you run the MioMap installer on the PC?

Did you have a 512MB SD in box?

P

Guest bill1967t

Hi Pete,

I have just got my A701 and cannot get Mio Map to work, I get the same error as you and its locks the phone up. Have tried the map in the root of the sd card but makes no difference. Tomtom works fine. On another note as anyone noticed how quiet the built in speaker is and how scary the vibration is?

regards

Bill ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest onojdnob
It came with it... I couldn't install it either until I manually downloaded MSVCRT8... what error are you getting?

I have both MioMap and TomTom on there now ;)

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Paul, what is MSVCRT8 and where do I get it? I've also had problems installing MioMap V2.