Where have all the Vario II's gone?

Guest NCC-1701

Guest Blobstrom

I called up T-Mobile Friday, bought it Flext 20, recieved it Saturday and unlocked the sim lock 2 hours later, basically I have a work phone which I don't pay for, so I need a phone/PDA for private work and for the occasional WAP and GPRS (something I can't do on my work phone) and I have an O2 P.A.Y.G in it now, as I've just joined the site I'm going to have a scout around to see how I can set it up.

I have managed to get it connected via WLAN so far (which for me is pretty amazing)

Guest richard_d
OK tried to find the MMS and WAP setting, but everything I try doesn't work or I'm not doing it right any ideas please :rolleyes:

I don't think O2 support GPRS or MMS on payg - even if they do with their data charges if you want payg T-mobile (and I think Orange ) offer a max of 1 pound per day for gprs...

Well I was planning to order my Vario II from T-mobile this morning via their website, but hit a snag.

They will only deliver to your billing address. Not a work address. How do they expect people with jobs do get their phones? Does everyone have to go to their local RM sorting office to collect their package on a Saturday morning?

Has anyone managed to get round these "rules"? I don't want to have my brand new phone sitting about in a sorting office.

OK tried to find the MMS and WAP setting, but everything I try doesn't work or I'm not doing it right any ideas please :)

You need to put in o2's proxy to make use of their GPRS services on PAYG.

Using a proxy in this manner may cause issues with some Wi-Fi hotspots connections, so you may need to uncheck the proxy on an as and when required basis.

Guest MikeWard1701

Hi All, just quickie to say I got my Vario II yesterday, serial (HT640...).

No problems as of yet, plus as I mentioned in the HSDPA thread it seems HSDPA is enabled by default now, or at least in my case.

Mike