Where have all the Vario II's gone?

Guest NCC-1701

Guest NCC-1701

I have been waiting soooo long to ditch both my Orange contract & the C550 that came with it :rolleyes: . I have never warmed to the 550 & have recently started using my C500 instead (much better device IMHO).

Anyhow, thats not what this post is about.

What I am dissapointed to find is that T-Mob in the UK have pulled their Vario II's from the website. This was my first choice upgrade option.

Have they sold out? I wouldnt be surprised.

Anybody know whats going on? I've got cash burning a hole in my pocket!

Maybe t-mobile uk have hit the same problem as orange has in holland ''HTC'' , for some reason unknown at the moment htc have not delivered their smartphones and ppc phones new and older models its a mess, no spvs in shops or online , so it might be the same problem i hope it is not :rolleyes:

Guest richard_d
Maybe t-mobile uk have hit the same problem as orange has in holland ''HTC'' , for some reason unknown at the moment htc have not delivered their smartphones and ppc phones new and older models its a mess, no spvs in shops or online , so it might be the same problem i hope it is not :rolleyes:

I suspect it's a higher than predicted return rate for early units combined with it being very popular.

I ordered a Vario 2 from the t-mob website last Monday, was contacted by a CS rep to say they were out of stock. Got an email Friday just gone saying the stock was available, I didn't actually reply to find out whether that meant mine was being sent out or not.

Here's hoping that when I go home there's a Royal Mail "while you were out" card on my porch.

Guest Markda2000
I ordered a Vario 2 from the t-mob website last Monday, was contacted by a CS rep to say they were out of stock. Got an email Friday just gone saying the stock was available, I didn't actually reply to find out whether that meant mine was being sent out or not.

Here's hoping that when I go home there's a Royal Mail "while you were out" card on my porch.

Some of the stores do have them - it is worth ringing round. I was lucky that we got our from a brand new store where word had not got round to its presence on the high street.

Hey! Not fair :rolleyes:

I ordered on the same day and didn't get the email you mentioned.

(Let us know when you do get it though, as hopefully mine won't be too far behind :( )

Lee

Guest simonclark123

Definitely try T-Mobile stores, as all the stores I've seen still have no dummy Vario 2s to display!

Hence, there may well be some in the store at the back (that's how I got mine anyway).

Regards

Simon Clark

Business Telecoms

Guest monkeyboy69

having just had my handset swapped over I might be able to enlighten a bit , when I rang for the replacement t-mobile had a large order come in which failed the quality control test which and couldn't tell me when the next shipment woudl be in. They also couldn't say what they failed on either.

Strangly enough even though they didn't have any in stock or give me a timeframe for the next batch , my replacement turned up the next day, go figure

Ah, it's all starting to piece together now.

I got bored of the email conversation so decided to phone them about an hour ago, at time of writing. I got put through to the Direct Dept (deals with the website orders), explained to him and the emails I had been getting, he said that basically I shouldn't have been told what I was told and that no stock is available yet and won't be until next week!

So I think the customer services person I was talking to via email was probably referring to the stock that failed quality testing. So I can stop looking out of the window now for the postie, I might phone around a few stores and see if any of them have some stock. If not seems like I'll have to muster some patience and wait a few more days :rolleyes:

Guest EyEwitness

Just got off the phone with CS, and the last news they have is that the phones will be in the warehouse on friday, and in the shops again next week. I guess they also mean it will be on the website next week too.

I've tried most of the stores in London, and no one has any stock left at the moment. I'm desperate for a new phone as my current one is barely staying together, just hope it lasts another week!

Thanks for that update, according to the CS guy I spoke to, websales get priority over the stock, so hopefully that means phone will be dispatched Friday/Saturday, so fingers crossed by Tuesday of next week (ever the optimist) I should definately have a phone with at least 2 weeks to spare on my PAC expiry (I have visions of my PAC expiring and having to crawl back to O2 cap in hand).

Thanks for that update, according to the CS guy I spoke to, websales get priority over the stock, so hopefully that means phone will be dispatched Friday/Saturday, so fingers crossed by Tuesday of next week (ever the optimist) I should definately have a phone with at least 2 weeks to spare on my PAC expiry (I have visions of my PAC expiring and having to crawl back to O2 cap in hand).

Got the last vario 2 from the T-mobile shop in Bournemouth yesterday - I can't believe how small it is vs what it packs in. I too was worried that my O2 PAC would expire but is now in the system - goodbye O2, hello T-mob

Rob - since you ordered at the same time as me, I thought I'd pass this on...

I just got an email from T-Mobile saying that the Vario-II is back in stock and that mine will be delivered next Tuesday before 1:00pm. Hooray !!! :rolleyes:

So, hopefully yours won't be too far behind as well. Check your email.

Cheers

Lee

lol, you got there before me, reason I came to post today was to say the same thing, last time I spoke to them I told them to phone. Judging by the time of your post it was about the same time I got the call :rolleyes:

They reckon it will be Tuesday delivery, so there'll be posting Monday. So far I'm pretty impressed with T-Mobile CS, honestly didn't expect them to phone when they said they would, that's too many years of being with Orange. Not used to a CS that actually lives up to what it says, let's see how long it lasts.

Guest MikeWard1701

Hi all, new member hee, discovered this sote while looking for info and reviws on the Vario II. Brilliant site, wosh I'd found it years ago. :rolleyes:

I'm planning on upgrading my MDA Compact to a Vaio II in e next two weeks, as I've been offered a brilliant deal so plan to ring my local stores to check stock and reserve one.

Question

I'v read on here and other sites that the early models are pleagued with faults, where can I find the info I need to make sure I don't get a troublesome device?

Regading T-Mobile CS, I've been with T-Mob for almost three years now and their CS is brilliant! :( Thye're always able to answer any question I put to them, and if not will find someone who can, or will call me back, and they do call back when they say they will.

After previously being with Vodafone (Utterly Crap!) and Value Telecom (an old Carphone Warehouse network, offered over the One-2-One/T-Mobile network) I've been very satisfied with T-Mobie, this combined with witnessing the problems my family, friends, and coleagues have had on other networks (Vodafone being the worst, followed by O2 and Orange) makes T-Mo my avourite network.

Another brilliant thing about T-Mo CS,they don't charge you for it!

My only minor gripes are; 1)Their website can be a bit difficult to navigate at times, especially in the personalised online services. 2)They're now started charging for voicemail retreival.

All in all thogh, I think its the best network available.

Guest richard_d
Hi all, new member hee, discovered this sote while looking for info and reviws on the Vario II. Brilliant site, wosh I'd found it years ago. :rolleyes:

I'm planning on upgrading my MDA Compact to a Vaio II in e next two weeks, as I've been offered a brilliant deal so plan to ring my local stores to check stock and reserve one.

Question

I'v read on here and other sites that the early models are pleagued with faults, where can I find the info I need to make sure I don't get a troublesome device?

Regading T-Mobile CS, I've been with T-Mob for almost three years now and their CS is brilliant! :( Thye're always able to answer any question I put to them, and if not will find someone who can, or will call me back, and they do call back when they say they will.

After previously being with Vodafone (Utterly Crap!) and Value Telecom (an old Carphone Warehouse network, offered over the One-2-One/T-Mobile network) I've been very satisfied with T-Mobie, this combined with witnessing the problems my family, friends, and coleagues have had on other networks (Vodafone being the worst, followed by O2 and Orange) makes T-Mo my avourite network.

Another brilliant thing about T-Mo CS,they don't charge you for it!

My only minor gripes are; 1)Their website can be a bit difficult to navigate at times, especially in the personalised online services. 2)They're now started charging for voicemail retreival.

All in all thogh, I think its the best network available.

The screen alignment problem seemed pretty random across serial numbers - it was basically pot luck. I expect QC is probably catching most of them now though.

Guest teviotman

I am also looking at the T-mobile Vario 11. Trouble is that 02 have better coverage where I use the phone (west country). Does the XDA Mini S on 02 or Orange m3100 have same spec as the Vario 11. In particular wifi LAN, HDSA enabled)

Guest Stuart_f
I am also looking at the T-mobile Vario 11. Trouble is that 02 have better coverage where I use the phone (west country). Does the XDA Mini S on 02 or Orange m3100 have same spec as the Vario 11. In particular wifi LAN, HDSA enabled)

The Orange M3100 is identical to a Vario II but you won't find a match for the web 'n' walk tarrif on Orange nor will you get the same level of customer service.

The XDA Mini S is a Vario not a Vario II so you won't get 3g never mind HSDPA. The O2 version of the Vario II is called the XDA Trion but it hasn't been released in the UK. It's only on the continent so far.

Guest teviotman
The Orange M3100 is identical to a Vario II but you won't find a match for the web 'n' walk tarrif on Orange nor will you get the same level of customer service.

The XDA Mini S is a Vario not a Vario II so you won't get 3g never mind HSDPA. The O2 version of the Vario II is called the XDA Trion but it hasn't been released in the UK. It's only on the continent so far.

Thanks for the quick reply. I have just rec'd my PAC from Orange (CS is absolutely useless).

It looks like I will go for the Vario 11 on TM.

Guest MikeWard1701
The screen alignment problem seemed pretty random across serial numbers - it was basically pot luck. I expect QC is probably catching most of them now though.

True, plus if I do end up with a duff one, they should exchange it via next day courier right?

Mike

Guest richard_d
True, plus if I do end up with a duff one, they should exchange it via next day courier right?

Mike

I've not had problems with mine and bought it in store who would have dealt with the exchange, but I think that's the way they deal with online exchanges. I'd be tempted to run it hard for a few days when you first get it - there's possibly some correlation with the device getting warm.

Guest MikeWard1701
I've not had problems with mine and bought it in store who would have dealt with the exchange, but I think that's the way they deal with online exchanges. I'd be tempted to run it hard for a few days when you first get it - there's possibly some correlation with the device getting warm.

My latest gizmo always does get a intensive use over the first few days, new toy syndrome :rolleyes:

Mike

Guest basegreen

Been a lurker for a while. Thanks for the heads up about TMob getting them back in stock. Called direct just now, and ordered one for delivery tomorrow. Lovely girl on CS too.

Guest EyEwitness
They reckon it will be Tuesday delivery, so there'll be posting Monday.

Thats good news, I went into my local T-Mobile shop on Friday after work and they told me they probably wouldn't be getting any before Christmas!!! I'll be getting on the phone and ordering one direct...

Guest Paul (MVP)

I really need to upgrade my dad's contract in the next day or two, but there's no really desirable WinMo device!

Vario II or Compact III would do fine! :rolleyes:

P