48 replies to this topic

Pete

Pete

One step further...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Devices:HP iPaq HW 6915
I think that this highlights the complexities of phones at this level. I don't think it matters which OS you use, it comes down to what you're used too.

I use MS, and for me it works great. I tried a Nokia N90 a while back (cos I wanted the decent camera) and the basics just didn't work for me - had me wanting to bounce the phone off the wall within half an hour.

Sounds very much like the experience you've had, Jay, coming from Nokia to MS.

It shouldn't matter which platform you use, the setup etc should be much more easy if the manufacturers want these devices to become more main-stream, and if the operators want us to use the more advanced (and more expensive) features.

Just my two-pennies worth! :)

Pete
Wireless - Why Wait

Jay3gsm

Jay3gsm

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire
  • Twitter:@Jay_A_
At least the C600 is a marked improvement on previous windows mobile phones. I have a C550, and I've had a C500 in the past, so I have given it a fair crack. But even simple things like sending a recently dialled number an SMS was an ordeal until the C600.
The problems I have had still, over this weekend, have been setting up the C600 to work on Vodafone. Why oh why there are so many different settings and sub settings to find and enter just to get the damn thing to work? And even after entering all settings manually, the damn phone STILL won't download received MMS. At least I got internet browsing to work. If email will work too then I could probably do without MMS.

How do you copy n paste on the C600?

Poverty is not a misfortune..... It's an injustice

CrispyDK

CrispyDK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Paul, an ex-nokia guy... who would have believed it... hehe, well, Paul, don't feel ashamed, there was actually a time when the Nokias were the best thing out there... It's just so long ago that nobody remembers it :)

Jay3gsm

Jay3gsm

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire
  • Twitter:@Jay_A_
Divorce proceedings have started between myself and the C600, due to me having an affair with the 6280 :)

Seriously, the C600 is dumped. I am using the 6280 and the straight forward pleasure of using Series 40 is fantastic after the mess that is Windows Mobile. The 6280 will feed my mobile fix until the N80 comes along.

No more Windows Mobile for me.

Poverty is not a misfortune..... It's an injustice

Pete

Pete

One step further...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Devices:HP iPaq HW 6915

Now how many times have you said that before!!! :D :)

Pete
Wireless - Why Wait

sporkguy

sporkguy

iSpork

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • Interests:Phone History:<br /><br />-Nokia 5110<br />-Nokia 8210<br />-Nokia 3510i<br />-Nokia 7210<br />-Sony Ericsson K700i<br />-Nokia 6630<br />-Nokia 7610<br />-Orange SPV M500<br />-Orange SPV C500<br />-Sony Ericsson W800i<br />-Nokia N90<br />-Samsung D600<br />-iMate SP5<br />-MDA Vario <br />-MoDaCo C600<br />-MDA Pro<br />-Sony Ericsson K800i<br />-Nokia E61<br />-Nokia N95<br />-LG Viewty<br />-Sony Ericsson W660<br />-Nokia 6500 Classic Black<br />-Sony Ericsson W910<br />-Sony Ericsson C902<br />-Blackberry Curve<br />-Blackberry Bold 9000<br />-iPhone 3GS<br />-HTC Desire<br />-iPhone 4
  • Devices:iPhone 4
  • Twitter:@Super_Nicktendo

Divorce proceedings have started between myself and the C600, due to me having an affair with the 6280 :D

Seriously, the C600 is dumped. I am using the 6280 and the straight forward pleasure of using Series 40 is fantastic after the mess that is Windows Mobile. The 6280 will feed my mobile fix until the N80 comes along.

Here's hoping N80 won't be mangled carwreck the N90 was. My god that phone was awful. Not only was it HUGE, but gallery performance was dire. It'd take at least 5-10 seconds for it to load a single thumbnail in the gallery.
Even resco photoview had problems, due to the sucky processor.

saying that tho, old series 60 devices rock my socks. 6630, best phone I've ever owned. Gallery is zippy (even reading the 2mp photos from the n90) and is even faster than my D600 at most things, especially loading net pages (even in GPRS mode)

Please nokia, make the N80 as good as the 6630 :)

impy78

impy78

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Devices:MDA Vario II/Hermes

saying that tho, old series 60 devices rock my socks. 6630, best phone I've ever owned. Gallery is zippy (even reading the 2mp photos from the n90) and is even faster than my D600 at most things.

I'm a bit promiscuous when it comes to phones, i have to admit, I just can't help falling in love with them.

I do love my N70 and My pretty shiny pink mda, but my dad upgraded his phone to a d600 last week (after 2 1/2 years of his beloved SE z600!!!! He only swopped it cause it kept turning off.), and I fell in love when I saw it - I always wondered what people were on about when they said the screen on the N70 wasn't up to much, until I saw the D600.

The screen res is fantastic and the videos looked fantastic on the screen - how do the phontos and the vids compare when they are on a pc?

Posted Image

Confucious

Confucious

Peanut Brain

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,636 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 5
  • Twitter:@Confuciousmobil
Why are people moaning aboug camera quality on phones - if you want to take decent pictures carry a camera.

We all know that the main purpose of mobilee phones is internet browsing and mobile email for which the Universal beats everything else hands down. I've been told you can also use it for making phone calls :)

PS my first phone was a 7110 and I've recently had a 6280 which wasn't bad but nowhere near as good as WM devices IMHO

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

sporkguy

sporkguy

iSpork

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • Interests:Phone History:<br /><br />-Nokia 5110<br />-Nokia 8210<br />-Nokia 3510i<br />-Nokia 7210<br />-Sony Ericsson K700i<br />-Nokia 6630<br />-Nokia 7610<br />-Orange SPV M500<br />-Orange SPV C500<br />-Sony Ericsson W800i<br />-Nokia N90<br />-Samsung D600<br />-iMate SP5<br />-MDA Vario <br />-MoDaCo C600<br />-MDA Pro<br />-Sony Ericsson K800i<br />-Nokia E61<br />-Nokia N95<br />-LG Viewty<br />-Sony Ericsson W660<br />-Nokia 6500 Classic Black<br />-Sony Ericsson W910<br />-Sony Ericsson C902<br />-Blackberry Curve<br />-Blackberry Bold 9000<br />-iPhone 3GS<br />-HTC Desire<br />-iPhone 4
  • Devices:iPhone 4
  • Twitter:@Super_Nicktendo

I'm a bit promiscuous when it comes to phones, i have to admit, I just can't help falling in love with them.

I do love my N70 and My pretty shiny pink mda, but my dad upgraded his phone to a d600 last week (after 2 1/2 years of his beloved SE z600!!!! He only swopped it cause it kept turning off.), and I fell in love when I saw it - I always wondered what people were on about when they said the screen on the N70 wasn't up to much, until I saw the D600.

The screen res is fantastic and the videos looked fantastic on the screen - how do the phontos and the vids compare when they are on a pc?

well closest comparison I can do for you is on my iMac LCD screen :D
But yes, the photos are *OK* but the lack of a decent focusing system obliterates most shots. Don't even think about using it in the pub either, because it just looks horrid.

However, for fancy wallpapers and watching music vids, the screen is immense :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users