Nokia 8800 in black on Orange coming soon?

Guest fluffcat1

Guest fluffcat1

http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/commerce/...rtModel=NOK8800

rang them up as well, as I thought it was a mistake on the site allowing you to pick a colour, but according to the rep on the phone the previously russian market only ( sells for ?900 on ebay! honest!) black 8800 will be out on orange end of april. Anyone else heard anything? A friend of mine has a black one ( he's from Latvia) and it looks great. Mght well be tempted....

Richard

Guest dr who

That is one of my all time favourite phrases and I use it at every available opportunity. Opinion of the 8800 does seem to be universally low.

Guest fluffcat1
For your own sake, please dont lol

as my mum would say, 'you cant polish a turd'! :)

Reasons? or jut the fact that *you* don't like it? My girlfriend has the silver standard one and *I* do happen to like it. I like the weight, I like the feel, and it will go well in my 8810/8850/8855/8890/8910/8910i collection....

I wasn't asking for your or indeed any opinion on the phone - although if you can actually articulate more than 'you can't polish a turd' then do feel free to add a constructive comment regarding it's features.

I take it no-one can confirm or deny the carphone warehouse's comments?

Richard

p.s Dr who - another favourite of mine is 'never lay a turd on your own doorstep' :D

Guest sporkguy
Reasons? or jut the fact that *you* don't like it? My girlfriend has the silver standard one and *I* do happen to like it. I like the weight, I like the feel, and it will go well in my 8810/8850/8855/8890/8910/8910i collection....

I wasn't asking for your or indeed any opinion on the phone - although if you can actually articulate more than 'you can't polish a turd' then do feel free to add a constructive comment regarding it's features.

Richard

p.s Dr who - another favourite of mine is 'never lay a turd on your own doorstep' :)

Calm down dear! :P

I echo Moroni's view on this one.

Short battery life, tricky keypad that just doesnt feel right, and a below-par camera and lack of much memory really does make it a little too expensive for what it is.

Sure, as a posing device, go ahead :D

Guest fluffcat1
Calm down dear! :P

I echo Moroni's view on this one.

Short battery life, tricky keypad that just doesnt feel right, and a below-par camera and lack of much memory really does make it a little too expensive for what it is.

Sure, as a posing device, go ahead :D

So what makes you think I need to calm down exactly?.... :)

As I said, constructive comments on the phone are useful, 'nah, don't bother' etc etc helps no-one...

keypad has approx same dimensions as the 8810 so I'll get used to it, and I used to have to charge my JagTac every few hours (!) so battery life should be OK form my purposes if it lasts more than a day or so.

If I need a decent camera, I'll, er, take a camera with me...it should be fine for those spur of the moment shots, and if CPW are to be believed it's no more expensive than my current SPV...

Richard

Guest sporkguy

Well, I hope you enjoy it either way - which is the most important thing at the end of the day: whether or not a consumer is happy with their choice of handset :)

posts merged, for tidiness :D

Guest fluffcat1
posts merged, for tidiness :D

I'd rather you didn't edit my posts actually, it's nice to see a train of thought develop, please don't get like msmobiles where posts get edited for no real reason......people will stop visiting if the mods start deciding what gets said when and where - free speech?, albeit with limitations, and editing / curtailing that will only harm your 'cyberspace' rep further than it already has in the past.....

Anyway - what I said originally was:

Sure, as a posing device, go ahead :P

And as for a phone being a posing device anymore?...last one I'd really call a posing device was the black 8910 when all around are titanium...I was walking around Camden Market the other day, I saw a guy who wasn't wearing a leather jacket, I thought to myself 'you poser'.... :) :D

Richard ( with acknowledgement to Sean Hughes)

Guest makaheto

in germany you can buy the 8800 in gold, red and white colours (ebay.de).

the price is always ca.900-1000 euro , but u have no garanty, it is from private dealers.

i'm using my 8800 since 8 month and i can say it is a very good phone. good handling,

i put my own themes on and i can hear my 14 favoured songs. so continuous i can say,

i'm very satisfied with the 8800.

Guest moroni

Richard

p.s Dr who - another favourite of mine is 'never lay a turd on your own doorstep' :)

Okey dokey, well it is indeed my opinion but the general consensus i have had from owners of the 8800 is it looks nice.

Granted its a lovely looking phone, and if you are going to use it for calling and texting and you dont want to do anything else with it, including going for 2 days without a charge then its great. If however you want a tad more convergence in our device then its pretty much useless IN MY OPINION! :D

looks nice, if you can get the action right then it looks very nice, works ok, but i found it just too irritating for me to keep mine, as alas i couldnt justify ?300 on something that was the dogs nuts!

p.s

your mate is from Latvia, whereabouts? My wifes from Latvia as well :P

• 1 month later...
Guest fluffcat1

Just as I manage to get a black one they bring out a silver Aston Martin edition!!!!! I'm in two minds whether I want one of those, firstly as the A-M dealers want ?800 + vat for them, secondly, my AM-V8 is gunmetal grey and it won't match ( unlike my Aston Martin moto V600 )....

Richard

Guest sporkguy
Just as I manage to get a black one they bring out a silver Aston Martin edition!!!!! I'm in two minds whether I want one of those, firstly as the A-M dealers want ?800 + vat for them, secondly, my AM-V8 is gunmetal grey and it won't match ( unlike my Aston Martin moto V600 )....

Richard

AFAIK the Aston martin one has been out for ages. My mate works for Top Gear mag and he had his delivered late last year. Very nice it is too.

It's still shockingly bad inside though lol :)

Guest fluffcat1
AFAIK the Aston martin one has been out for ages. My mate works for Top Gear mag and he had his delivered late last year. Very nice it is too.

It's still shockingly bad inside though lol :)

Journalists were given them at the Vantage's launch but the 'retail' release was beginning of the month (eg Page 12, What Mobile, June) - I've been harrying my dealer ever since I saw the handset at the UK car launch but I'm not a journo so didn't get one and was told they were promo only :-(

Richard

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pinky123
http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/commerce/...rtModel=NOK8800

rang them up as well, as I thought it was a mistake on the site allowing you to pick a colour, but according to the rep on the phone the previously russian market only ( sells for ?900 on ebay! honest!) black 8800 will be out on orange end of april. Anyone else heard anything? A friend of mine has a black one ( he's from Latvia) and it looks great. Mght well be tempted....

Richard

Please dont. Have you read the reveiws? Its all show and no go. As for us getting it (orange) i very much doubt it. The original was mostly generic and very very expensive. You must remember the old 8910i's we never got those.

If you are after phone with a worst battery life get a D600.

Guest sporkguy
Please dont. Have you read the reveiws? Its all show and no go. As for us getting it (orange) i very much doubt it. The original was mostly generic and very very expensive. You must remember the old 8910i's we never got those.

If you are after phone with a worst battery life get a D600.

Incorrect, actually. If you kept up with your news you'd realise that the first batch of ORANGE BRANDED D600s had shoddy battery life due to the firmware.

Yes, you know the one, the firmware that plasters that homescreen on it.

I had a first gen Orange D600 - and had less than a day's battery life on it - guess what happened when I flashed it with debranded firmware?

You got it - normal battery life.